Is it time to shut the UK borders

bearfraser
bearfraser Posts: 435
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Given that we can no longer support the population we allready have :- NO water , little spare housing ,mutitudes of the unemplyed who cant/wont work which is not helped by others who are willing to work for feck all , Health and Benefits tourists sponging off the poor old tax payer who has had enough and is probably 1/2 a step from civil unrest what with the tax's we allready pay never mind the years of pay freezes and the increase in pensions just work for more years to get feck all to pay for fuel prices which are no longer funny. I appreciate we cant stop the EU workers (we was screwed there) coming over but what about the rest of the world . Yes we might have difficulty getting a good curry now and again but HEY HO. Can we afford a night/carry out any way.

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    bearfraser wrote:
    Given that we can no longer support the population we allready have :- NO water ........
    You are kidding. Right?
    As I look out my window just now it is really hissing down.

There is plenty of water. It is just too expensive to distribute for people's liking.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • thecrofter
    thecrofter Posts: 734
    bearfraser wrote:
    Given that we can no longer support the population we allready have :- NO water , little spare housing ,mutitudes of the unemplyed who cant/wont work which is not helped by others who are willing to work for feck all , Health and Benefits tourists sponging off the poor old tax payer who has had enough and is probably 1/2 a step from civil unrest what with the tax's we allready pay never mind the years of pay freezes and the increase in pensions just work for more years to get feck all to pay for fuel prices which are no longer funny. I appreciate we cant stop the EU workers (we was screwed there) coming over but what about the rest of the world . Yes we might have difficulty getting a good curry now and again but HEY HO. Can we afford a night/carry out any way.
    If he's not kidding then he is being racist, next he'll be telling us Hitler got it right and the BNP aren't all bad. Very poor attempt at humour.
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Oh goodie! An Easter racist thread. Where's the popcorn?.........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    yeah and send all the jocks back to jockland and rebuild hadrians wall. :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869

Gets my vote! :D
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386

You might not have to. The "Jocks" may do it themselves in 2014 :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • vitesse169
    vitesse169 Posts: 422
    The Aussies do it, the Yanks do it, the Germans/French/Spanish all take less than 10% of the assylum seekers that we do - I'm not being racist, but why should we be the dumping ground in Europe ? Remember San Gatte in N.France ?...... It's still there, the problem is still there - the French authorities choose to ignore it largely as the outflow is away from France into the UK. It's because no other place has the welfare state we do that people can take advantage of.
    If I'm wrong, show me I'm wrong and I'll stand corrected - I know it's not a simple situation with a simple answer - but what do we do ???
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    yadda yadda yadda...Daily Mail reading racists are stupid and dumb. I am surprised.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,140
    imho the main reason people come to the uk, many from the eu, is the freer jobs market vs. many other eu countries, and the apparent unwillingness/inability of us locals to do many lower paying jobs, or those needing some skills

most of the cleaners seem to come from spain and portugal, the builders from poland, and people in hospitality/catering from all over, they're just taking the jobs the locals can't/won't take

ok, they are not all great jobs, but they're important, and someone has to do them

with the depressing recent news of the high proportion of kids leaving school unable to read and write, let alone demonstrate basic numeracy, it's no wonder employers look elsewhere

we don't need to close the borders, we need to find how to equip/motivate/reward our own citizens, irrespective of origin, so they enter the workforce, become productive, gain experience and maybe one day start up their own businesses
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    i+_b13230538fd1e94812e0fc403ab8fd51.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    vitesse169 wrote:
    I'm not being racist, but

:|
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    i+_b13230538fd1e94812e0fc403ab8fd51.jpg

I think you'll have to explain this one to us.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    I found this interesting piece relating to the original post
    Many people never learned how and when to use paragraphs. Most likely they learned that every paragraph should have a topic sentence, but that's where their knowledge of paragraphing stops. Below are some guidelines on when to create a new paragraph and their uses.

PARAGRAPHS ARE UNITS OF COMPOSITION. They help you organize your ideas so that they flow freely from one to the other.

Change paragraphs:

1. At a change of place.
    2. At a change of time.
    3. To show a specific case as related to your topic.
    4. To change to a more specific time.
    5. When the speaker changes.

Different paragraphs do different things.

1. Opening and closing.
    2. Find subdivisions in your topic.
    3. Provides support for your ideas.

EACH PARAGRAPH MUST HAVE A TOPIC SENTENCE--one that states its purpose.

1. Control the length of each paragraph by making it just long enough to support and develop the controlling idea.

2. Try to limit your paragraph to five lines--not sentences. If it's too long, break it down into a series of paragraphs on subtopics.

3. Vary paragraph length. A series of short paragraphs can emphasize a point.

4. Use one-sentence paragraphs to emphasize a point.

PARAGRAPHS ALLOW YOU TO:

1. Control your ideas.
    2. Provide concrete examples, reasons and illustrations.
    3. Comment on your ideas--give your opinion.
    4. State your main point again in other ways.
    5. Summarize for other people by stating what you believe or what you learned.
  • rick_chasey
    johnfinch wrote:

What's to explain?
  • finchy
    johnfinch wrote:

What's to explain?

I can't quite see the picture.
  • rick_chasey
    johnfinch wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

What's to explain?

Ah. It says "Can't tell if trolling, or just very stupid".
  • finchy
    johnfinch wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

What's to explain?

Ah. It says "Can't tell if trolling, or just very stupid".

The Homer Simpson one or the Fry one?
  • rick_chasey
    Fry.
  • rolf_f
    That's the right one to use but it loses its impact if you can't actually see it :lol:
  • finchy
    I concur. C'mon Rick, you need to re-post. And do it properly this time.
  • rick_chasey
    I can see it fine?
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Hi.

I'm an immigrant.

Well, actually, that's not true! I WAS an immigrant BUT THEN THEY GAVE ME A BRITISH PASSPORT.

Now that I'm one of the gang, I would also like to say I find it DISGRACEFUL that human beings should be allowed to move so freely around the planet. To be honest, I think airlines and ferry services should be banned, just to make sure nobody impure gets in.

Seriously though... I'm a dutch immigrant who is now a british citizen. I have had many 'interesting' discussions with people who seem to share the views of the OP, although when I explain my circumstances they tend to quickly say 'oh no that's different'.

Having white skin obviously helps.

Bearfraser, you are an absolute, first class, moron.

I'm off to drink a refreshing glass of tap water. Of which we have plenty.
  • nweststeyn
    And what about the filthy emigrants?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry0Bv1HQRD4
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553

Owd on a minute, my dad was 100% Scottish, my mum English where does that leave me ya sasanach? :lol:

Not Grantham or Shirebrook I hope. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • nweststeyn
    We'll make the wall wide enough for you to sit on.
  • thecrofter
    thecrofter Posts: 734
    nweststeyn wrote:
    We'll make the wall wide enough for you to sit on.
    In the interests of fairness could you also provice a fence for the Lib Dems to sit on.

I'll get me coat
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • rolf_f
    I can see it fine?

Allow me :D

cant-tell-if-trolling.jpg
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    I can see it fine?

none of the rest of us can, bloody mod privileges, coming on here, locking our threads, not showing us their pictures. Its like a gestapo state

(just trying to get in the swing of the OP's knuckle dragging diatribe :wink: )
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    nweststeyn wrote:

Seriously though... I'm a dutch immigrant who is now a british citizen. I have had many 'interesting' discussions with people who seem to share the views of the OP, although when I explain my circumstances they tend to quickly say 'oh no that's different'.

Having white skin obviously helps.

Bearfraser, you are an absolute, first class, moron.

I'm off to drink a refreshing glass of tap water. Of which we have plenty.

fill your glass with a hosepipe

Having watched a bit of Sunderland FC in the late 80's: A team comprising Gary Bennett, Howard Gayle and Reuben Agboola, me and a mate away at Stoke were asking a couple of cretins with monkeys on sticks and bananas to throw at Garth Crooks and Stoke's other couple of black players that day, if they thought it was bad taste given the 3 lads above being SAFC stalwarts (Gary B is still a folk hero to Mackems of a certain age) the response we got was, "they're our N******, they know we don't mean them"
  • rick_chasey
    I can see it fine?

none of the rest of us can, bloody mod privileges, coming on here, locking our threads, not showing us their pictures. Its like a gestapo state

(just trying to get in the swing of the OP's knuckle dragging diatribe :wink: )

I seem to have derailed this thread. My job here is done.