Di2

12346»

Comments

• attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    JonGinge wrote:
    Attica wrote:
    I'm waiting 'till the electronic stuff goes wireless. Absolutely no reason for it not to be- no idea if there is one in the pipeline anywhere, and if i just invented it then i'm claiming a patent pending on the idea.

Ant+ protocol + smaller batteries etc. in 5 years time the current Di2 is gonna look poop compared to the clean wireless version. Mark My Words.

Don't forget the integration with your power sensor, cadence meter, HRM and GPS - It'll probably be able to choose the best gear for you at any one given time.

Oooh, technojoy!
    =UCI apoplexy :lol:

:D

TBH I'm surprised that the UCI have allowed electronic shifting, it could be argued that it saves a rider valuable calories by doing the shifting for them thereby allowing those calories to be re-directed to the riders legs.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Attica wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    Attica wrote:
    I'm waiting 'till the electronic stuff goes wireless. Absolutely no reason for it not to be- no idea if there is one in the pipeline anywhere, and if i just invented it then i'm claiming a patent pending on the idea.

Ant+ protocol + smaller batteries etc. in 5 years time the current Di2 is gonna look poop compared to the clean wireless version. Mark My Words.

Don't forget the integration with your power sensor, cadence meter, HRM and GPS - It'll probably be able to choose the best gear for you at any one given time.

Oooh, technojoy!
    =UCI apoplexy :lol:

:D

TBH I'm surprised that the UCI have allowed electronic shifting, it could be argued that it saves a rider valuable calories by doing the shifting for them thereby allowing those calories to be re-directed to the riders legs.

Totally onto something there.

There's basically a motor on your bike with electronic gearing.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Erm, 'electric brakes'...
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/se ... 677052.htm

Di-Who? See what I did there? Huh, huh? Oh look, there's my coat.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    dhope wrote:
    Does Argos accept C2W vouchers?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    notsoblue wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    So.....pretty......can't......breathe....
    Personally "pretty" isn't the work I would go for. It looks aggressive, angry and sporty but pretty? Hell-to-the-no.

If we had to use cars as a comparison

SRAM Red - Dodge Viper.

Shimano - Nissan GT-R

Campagnolo - If Alfa Romeo, Ferrari and Aston Martin had a child called Perfection.

I'm a Shimano man and even I cannot escape the fact that I can look at and admire the effortless beauty of Campy all day. I mean look at this brake caliper, I don't know why but I honestly think it's stunning.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    delta_front.jpg
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337

You get an incoming phonecall, and you shift up 6 gears then down 4 :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165

You get an incoming phonecall, and you shift up 6 gears then down 4 :wink:

make more sense to have neat interal wiring and cut outs for batteries rather than the some what clumpy look at the moment, but it's work in progress give it a few years and it will be slick.
  • notsoblue
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    So.....pretty......can't......breathe....
    Personally "pretty" isn't the work I would go for. It looks aggressive, angry and sporty but pretty? Hell-to-the-no.

If we had to use cars as a comparison

SRAM Red - Dodge Viper.

Shimano - Nissan GT-R

Campagnolo - If Alfa Romeo, Ferrari and Aston Martin had a child called Perfection.

I'm a Shimano man and even I cannot escape the fact that I can look at and admire the effortless beauty of Campy all day. I mean look at this brake caliper, I don't know why but I honestly think it's stunning.

I'd always considered SRAM to be a bit like BMW or Audi. No nonsense, efficient engineering. Red is the lightest gruppo available and Doubletap is awesome. The functional, efficient design is what makes it look good imo.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    notsoblue wrote:
    I'd always considered SRAM to be a bit like BMW or Audi. No nonsense, efficient engineering. Red is the lightest gruppo available and Doubletap is awesome. The functional, efficient design is what makes it look good imo.

Apex is like an American pick-up -very clunky compared to 105 (its equivalent?)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue wrote:

Apex is like an American pick-up -very clunky compared to 105 (its equivalent?)

Apex is more like Sora/Tiagra really. Its an ironic name for the entry level gruppo :P

Apex/Rival/Force/Red
    Sora/Tiagra/105/Ultegra/Dura Ace
  • notsoblue
    Actually, I take that back. Apex actually seems to be slightly more expensive than 105... Weird.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    For what it's worth (probably next to nothing), I've just been able to take a TCR Advanced 0 with DI2 out for a very quick blast. It's very impressive. I tried to break it, at the behest of the owner of the shop, but it coped admirably with every silly gearing combination I came up with. Very good at coping with changes while you stamp on the pedals too. Impressed. Bike was blummin' nice too, but 3.5k is a bridge too far at the moment.
    FCN 3 / 4