The Six Nations thread.

Comments

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    The Twikkers game is going to be mega!

I look at the teams and the form and my head says Wales by 6 points...

but then I stop, sniff in the heady scent of waxed Barbour jackets, the sight of drunk public school boys' gravity defying quiffs bobbing in front of me, that grating da-da-da-da music whenever we score and I think: "THIS. IS. HQ."

England by 3.
  • Halfpenny seems to have a reliable boot under pressure, if he can keep this up then this makes Wales rather a different beast. They have squandered so many points in the past through poor goal kicking that is may no now give them an edge.
  • clarkey cat
    Charge-down Charlie is out. Owen farrell moves to 10.

Morgan in at 8.

Tuilagi moves to 13.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    :cry: Wales by 14......
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • clarkey cat
    I don't think so Sketchley. You should have faith my man.

The Welsh could be a great side if they didnt get so emotional. They'll be poo-ing their pants at the hype around them running in 6 tries against the arrogant English - and it won't happen. England will get in their faces, the Welsh will wobble and we'll just p1ss all over their chips with a stodgy, anti-rugby performance. I can't wait.

England by 3.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I don't think so Sketchley. You should have faith my man.

The Welsh could be a great side if they didnt get so emotional. They'll be poo-ing their pants at the hype around them running in 6 tries against the arrogant English - and it won't happen. England will get in their faces, the Welsh will wobble and we'll just p1ss all over their chips with a stodgy, anti-rugby performance. I can't wait.

England by 3.

Seems like you had too much wine at that client lunch.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Should be a cracking weekend. Much as it pains me to say it, I'm taking Wales by 8.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • clarkey cat
    funnily enough - Wales are bookies' favourites. Last time that happened (at Twikkers) was 1988.

And then won

:?
  • According to a Matt Dawson video clip on the BBC website, a Welsh player has said that Wales are not coming to Twickenham to win.

They are coming to humiliate England.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • clarkey cat
    thats my point about them getting too emotional.

there will be tears in the anthems, chest-thumping all the usual antics from the Welsh. Maybe even a fat man carrying a giant blow-up leek slowly walking across the pitch singing 'Bread of Heaven' (I have seen this happen)

and then they will, agonisingly, heart-breakingly, lose against an undeserving England.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Greg66 wrote:
    According to a Matt Dawson video clip on the BBC website, a Welsh player has said that Wales are not coming to Twickenham to win.

They are coming to humiliate England.

What are they going to do? Show us a video of the England/France WC game?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,682
    edited February 2012
    Charge-down Charlie is out. Owen farrell moves to 10.

Morgan in at 8.

Tuilagi moves to 13.

I think that's good for the future, but as an Englishman, it's not going to be fun to watch on saturday :cry:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • aslong as the the taps dont run dry and my glass doesnt stay empty for more than 60seconds I'll be happy. I'll be even happier with a triple crown though :D
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • According to the last line of this story http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tomfordyce/2 ... .html#more Mallett has applied for the full time England post. Interesting news, as he had previously ruled himself out. I think he'd be a good pick.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cjcp
    My God, my nerves have had it. Anyone else fit to drop?

Outstanding performance from England. Dickson and Farrell look good, especially the latter. Farrell coming off helped big time. Priestland had a shocker. Warburton comes from God.

I need a drink.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • That was ... annoying.

Harrumph.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Warburton is just about the best player on the planet at the moment. The big story is how much improved England were. Well done to them.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • thats my point about them getting too emotional.

there will be tears in the anthems, chest-thumping all the usual antics from the Welsh. Maybe even a fat man carrying a giant blow-up leek slowly walking across the pitch singing 'Bread of Heaven' (I have seen this happen)

and then they will, agonisingly, heart-breakingly, lose against an undeserving England.

;-)
  • I didn't realise Max Boyce was the video ref. wrong decision as Jonathan Davies laughing during the post match replays confirmed. Exciting game all the same, gOod to see some big hits and very little spoiling. Steve Walsh should stick to homes under the hammer though cos he's a shit referee.
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    thats my point about them getting too emotional.

;-)

128927998900400619.jpg

:-D
  • taff..
    taff.. Posts: 81
    419938_3137728795104_1021404142_330.jpg

:lol:
  • Was
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Was
    Wasn't
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Not as upsetting as Scott Gibbs in the closing stages at Wembley in 99 or thereabouts..... But it was,
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • daviesee
    edited February 2012
    ..... But it was,
    Tell you what. you can have that try if Laidlaw can get his "try" against England.
    They were both as close. i.e.
    Wasn't.
    PS: 1999 Five Nations. Wonderful times! :P
  • daviesee
    Double post :oops:
  • ddraver
    Disappointed how little class some of my welsh friends are showing (EMPHASIS! not on here)...
    - @ddraver
  • cjcp
    Not as upsetting as Scott Gibbs in the closing stages at Wembley in 99 or thereabouts..... But it was,

I don't know if I lost it more when Gibbs went over, or when Williams scored at the death against Scotland in 2009.

At first glance, that looked like a try...

Farrell can throw a mean miss-pass to the backs. You need better backs, though.

Was out in Twickenham tonight. Great atmosphere.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • i was out in cardiff, anyone not welsh would have thought the game was played at the millenium!

thousands of people descended on Chip Alley before the shops had even closed. Carnage!
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • ddraver
    Is nt that a normal night in Cardiff? (at least that'show I remember it...)

This Scotland v France game is turning in to a cracker!
    - @ddraver