New bike - online retailer, chain snapped, advice please

Comments

• gmacz
    gmacz Posts: 343
    From the links- I also ordered some of that 'Chamois Cream'. Tastes bloody awful, especially after the ride.
    Wiggle be warned thread.
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Being relatively new to this forum I've been watching this thread with interest and amusement! I've been checking out the 'recommended reading' as suggested by others this evening and been entertained by some classics from the past - just brilliant :D
    Like enjoying a 'Greatest Hits' compilation

We aim to please!! One happy customer at least!! :D:D:D
  • Speed-King .... Thebigbee it's too suspicous they are one and the same - watch out for a new member called Speed_BB_King
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Navrig wrote:

He had a load of posts deleted on that thread by the mods. He went freaking LOCO. Purely because he misunderstood what I'd said and wouldn't admit his mistake. Harping on about it being the beginners forum not thinking that the idea of the beginners forum was to have input from non-beginners.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Navrig wrote:

He had a load of posts deleted on that thread by the mods. He went freaking LOCO. Purely because he misunderstood what I'd said and wouldn't admit his mistake. Harping on about it being the beginners forum not thinking that the idea of the beginners forum was to have input from non-beginners.

He got a little 'upset' with his second "How old are the newbies to road cycling" thread.
    Unfortunately, that made ma laugh to, which I don't think helped :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    MattC59 wrote:
    He got a little 'upset' with his second "How old are the newbies to road cycling" thread.
    Unfortunately, that made ma laugh to, which I don't think helped :D

But there's something so amusing about giving such people even more rope to hang themselves with!!
    Kind Regards
    The sheep from Merseyside (with no intelligence - although i do now how to fit a bike chain myself, so all not quite lost) :lol:
  • Oh no I missed this one :(
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Fantastic tantrum.

Well played OP !
  • I've just read the last 5 pages....now that was a good read.
    Pain is a momentary lapse of character.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Hmmm, your chain breaks after 20 miles....

You are the weakest link.

Goodbye.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I've just read this from start to finish... EPIC THREAD!

Another classic from thebigbee although I think my favourite is the spare tub thread.

thebigbee go fit the new chain and enjoy your new bike, please!
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • I Am baffled how the OP is under the impression we HAVE NOT read every single word written by him and everyone else in this thread, it's sheer poetry and hysterical.

I'd even say his "Twisted G-String" over his chain issue made Mr Schleck's "Chain Gate" bottom lip wobbler seem miniscule!

Props to Matt for pointing me at this thread, bravos Sir, well played.

Now, I hear there was talk of toys and things going buzz in a thread elsewhere, my duty as one of the resident Smut Minister's calls...
  • Thebigbee
    Thebigbee Posts: 570
    Yeah - chucked a Powerlink on it and re attached it, took me all of 5 minutes.

Glad that this thread has provided so much entertainment and has actually been described as "hysterical"...

Nice to know that there are such nice suckers on a road beginners board that instead of wanting to help anyone turn on users.

Knew exactly what buttons to press, and like lemmings you all walked into it.

Keep it up. I do not find it "hysterical" or lol funny. It is mildly amusing that there is underlying seething resentment towards me. And I know exactly why that is.

Pretty sad but continue the blatantly unjustified abuse, so that I can confirm.

Cheers guys!
  • Thebigbee
    Thebigbee Posts: 570
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Goodbye.

Love n hugs

DD

Seriously - "You are the weakest link." - was never mildly witty when the show was popular. Quoting it a decade late is indeterminably pathetic.

I have no comeback to that razor sharp "wit". You walked into the trap and if my dog yelped like that I would have no hestitation in putting him down as he must be in pain to make a yelp so sad and futile.

Hilarious
  • griffsters
    griffsters Posts: 490
    edited January 2012
    Thebigbee wrote:
    It is mildly amusing that there is underlying seething resentment towards me. And I know exactly why that is.

Oh go on then, you're gonna have to spell it out. What makes you think we resent you and why? I'm genuinely intrigued.

Edit: There are some feelings that come to mind, however resentment isnt one of them.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Thebigbee wrote:

Glad that this thread has provided so much entertainment and has actually been described as "hysterical"...

Nice to know that there are such nice suckers on a road beginners board that instead of wanting to help anyone turn on users.

Keep it up. I do not find it "hysterical" or lol funny. It is mildly amusing that there is underlying seething resentment towards me. And I know exactly why that is.

Cheers guys!
    Is it because you come across as a bit of a knob?
  • Thebigbee wrote:

Cheers guys!

And like a bad penny he's back!
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    bagpuss
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    awww, just when i thought you were gonna redeem yourself a little, you go and throw away the shovel and bring in a jcb :|
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • wardieboy
    wardieboy Posts: 230
    Thebigbee wrote:
    gmacz wrote:
    First ride is when you will find any problems, after this it will run perfectly for mile after mile hopefully.
    Fit the new chain and go riding.
    There must have been a defect in the chain, not the retailers fault.
    Buy online and get the cheap price v LBS and local help.
    Retailer has been very good here and I would have been happy with their response.
    Who was it.

It would have been nice if any one of you ever so helpful fellow cyclists actually read the first post...

Asking a bit much I guess.

Should have put in even less detail and then would have, perhaps, got some helpful answers.

Carry on posting your snide comments by all means. Read the OP.

I assume all of you posting these unhelpful comments would be just as chuffed if your new bike's chain snapped with under 20 miles on the clock?

I will just pull this thread that I started cos it has obviously annoyed quite a few people.

Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to pull the thread I started at the top of this board, sorry guys - will see if BR want to though....

Thebigbee

I suspect, judging at the relationships you have built here and the responses you are getting here from 'fellow' cyclists that there is a strong possibility that you may probably get on even less well with BMW and white van drivers.

Do you live in Kent by any chance and are you the reason that every time I go out for a spin one of those feckers tries to kill me?

Could I urge Wiggle to start marketing the 'I am Speed_King not Thebigbee' T shirts immediately so that I can feel safe once more.
  • gmacz
    gmacz Posts: 343
    Soon be lambing time and he will be a busy bee and not have time to post.
  • Am I dreaming or has he actually invited us to start up again ?
  • MattC59
    edited January 2012
    Thebigbee wrote:

Well why the f*ck didn't you just do that in the first place instead of all the p*ssing and whining on here ?!?!?!!?
    :roll:
    Thebigbee wrote:

Cheers guys!

You make it sound like you think you're being quite clever. What you seem to have missed is the fact that everyone is laughing at you. There's no buttons being pushed, no one's getting upset, no one's getting wound up and there's no seething resentment.

Everyone's just quite astounded at quite what a deluded nutter you are !!

The first section in bold; are you actually saying that you were Trolling and are indeed a tw*t ?
    The second section in bold; do you think that after you've had a go at everyone on here, any abuse in return is unjustified ?

Can I suggest going to talk to someone about your obvious anger issues.
    Keep up the good work !!
  • MattC59
    Am I dreaming or has he actually invited us to start up again ?

I know !!!!
    Brilliant isn't it !! I'm off to see if he's posted any other gems in the other threads !!
    :lol:
  • Thebigbee wrote:
    I have no comeback to that razor sharp "wit".

It seems you are not getting this, we are laughing at you, not with you.

We find ourselves highly amusing and it is obvious you can't see we are having a riot.

Maybe when the cheque arrives you will finally grasp it's all on you because it is at your expense. By all means, keep the courses coming, this is like an endless buffet and we be hungry. :lol:
  • Ye see ... I've got this barrel ... and it was full of fish - so I shot them all ... simples! The problem is now their back and they've got these wierd coloured circles on them, a bit like targets and I just can't decide what to do ...

Advice please?
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Thebigbee wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Goodbye.

Love n hugs

DD

Seriously - "You are the weakest link." - was never mildly witty when the show was popular. Quoting it a decade late is indeterminably pathetic.

I have no comeback to that razor sharp "wit". You walked into the trap and if my dog yelped like that I would have no hestitation in putting him down as he must be in pain to make a yelp so sad and futile.

Hilarious

Indeed.

Ooops, I think I may have just split a side (wall).

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Ye see ... I've got this barrel ... and it was full of fish - so I shot them all ... simples! The problem is now their back and they've got these wierd coloured circles on them, a bit like targets and I just can't decide what to do ...

Advice please?

metal_storm.jpg
  • And so you can see Metal Storm in action....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8hlj4EbdsE

1 Million rounds per minute by the way is possible.

Welcome to Area Denial Weapon Systems....
This discussion has been closed.