edited June 2014 in Pro race
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Gah, old news frenchi, gah!! ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I thought it was going to be this instead...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKhkvSRQ ... re=related
  • trfag.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • 481116_10150959088786953_234604161_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    Hah, I made have made the jokey comment but I'd forgotten just how malco that video was. Hee hee
    - @ddraver
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    Always worth another watch
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    481116_10150959088786953_234604161_n.jpg

Wow - Derek Zoolander's taken up tris?
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • tridork.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    What is it with these people? Do they actually think the helmet goes on that way round? Or do they think it will take too much to time to turn it around (ignoring the aerodynamic advantages of wearing it properly)?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Many triathletes are bumbling fools in transition. I've done a few tris, and I've also watched a few transition zones for a laugh while spectating. The Benny Hill theme tune would be a good accompaniment in most cases.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    What is it with these people? Do they actually think the helmet goes on that way round? Or do they think it will take too much to time to turn it around (ignoring the aerodynamic advantages of wearing it properly)?

Poor set up in transition. Come in off the swim and in a rush to get on the bike. Not having things set up properly in transition and then sticking their helmet on any which way. Once they've got their bike off the rack they would get a 2 minute penalty to change their helmet round the right way. Doesn't excuse it but might help to explain...See it all the time and no, I've never done it.
  • RichN95.
    feltkuota wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Poor set up in transition. Come in off the swim and in a rush to get on the bike. Not having things set up properly in transition and then sticking their helmet on any which way. Once they've got their bike off the rack they would get a 2 minute penalty to change their helmet round the right way. Doesn't excuse it but might help to explain...See it all the time and no, I've never done it.
    They should change the rules to stop them leaving the paddock like that. What's the point of insisting on a helmet if it's not worn properly?
  • RichN95 wrote:
    feltkuota wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

They should change the rules to stop them leaving the paddock like that. What's the point of insisting on a helmet if it's not worn properly?

Don't disagree at all. There are marshall's that check various things in transition so they have obviously missed the sartorial inelegance. Would like them also to tighten up on the application of the drafting rule.
  • ddraver
    I ll grudgingly admit that that would be a good explanation...

Rich's rule revision (that's what it could be called) is a good one though. I suppose though it actually happens very infrequently...
    - @ddraver
  • I dont see why they cant just chamge it round while riding no hands. And it must take 1 sec to change it round in the transition if they pick it up back to front. I dont think there is any excuse!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • I dont see why they cant just chamge it round while riding no hands. And it must take 1 sec to change it round in the transition if they pick it up back to front. I dont think there is any excuse!

Triathletes allegedly struggle to ride straight using both hands - how will they manage with them off the bars ? :lol:
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    I think I'd take a 2 minute penalty rather than risk having my photo plastered all over every cycling forum for the next few years. The one in the yellow sleeveless top I must have seen so many times if I bumped into him somewhere I'd probably be thinking I'm sure I know you.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • ddraver
    I dont see why they cant just chamge it round while riding no hands. And it must take 1 sec to change it round in the transition if they pick it up back to front. I dont think there is any excuse!

Because the second they take it off - 2 min penalty (and you know what Triathletes are like with times. If you offered them a penalty or a punch in the face they'd happily ride the rest of the route with an ice pack)

Second point - same reason. Becasue they re charging around like blue arrised flies. plus, as soon as they remove the bike form the rack they can't take the helmet off.
    - @ddraver
  • Ah ok didnt read what the penalty was for.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Triathlon is obviously devised by parents of energetic children.
  • slowsider wrote:
    I dont see why they cant just chamge it round while riding no hands. And it must take 1 sec to change it round in the transition if they pick it up back to front. I dont think there is any excuse!

Triathletes allegedly struggle to ride straight using both hands - how will they manage with them off the bars ? :lol:

I think, in fairness to the sport, it does get people involved. So you do get poor swimmers, poor riders and poor runners but they are all out there racing which is a lot more than can be said for some folks out on their bikes.
  • ddraver
    Ouch!

Sh1t Yo, we got burned!
    - @ddraver
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Wow, these pictures have confirmed my thoughts about triathletes :)
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    Wow, these pictures have confirmed my thoughts about triathletes :)

Scared to ask but, what are those thoughts?
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    Now, now people...

How do you know when you are talking to an Ironman?
    He's telling you all about it.
  • ddraver
    :lol::lol::lol:

Dunno why but that warmed my frozen Siberian heart
    - @ddraver
  • Alright. You can drum me out of BR for saying it but I''m gonna say it anyway...

The Brownlee bros and Javier Gomez are pretty awesome athletes
  • ddraver
    I'm unfollowing you on twitter for that!
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    I've signed up to do a half-ironman in August. Sensibly though, I'm doing it as a relay with two others so I don't have to bother with the splashing about and jogging.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    I've signed up to do a half-ironman in August. Sensibly though, I'm doing it as a relay with two others so I don't have to bother with the splashing about and jogging.

This is a very sensible idea.
    Contador is the Greatest