Spring Fling 2012 **Friday Update**

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Anything between 3 and 50. It's a bit of a Field of dreams scenario...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • alanp23
    alanp23 Posts: 696
    Well, you have certainly built it.... :wink:
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016
  • napoleond
    We usually get 15-20.
    Will probably be more this weekend.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • napoleond
    First post edited with new route and details. I'm in talks with a major sponsor, I'll keep you updated...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    We usually get 15-20.
    Will probably be more this weekend.
    Yes because we are all coming to see a world champ!
    Why have you changed the route the Nap
  • napoleond
    The weather isn't forecast to be good and a lot of the descending is on steep, narrow, windy roads that isn't too bad when it's dry but a bit of a mare when wet. The original route was incredibly scenic but very up down with slow descents and steep climbs.
    The new route is still stunning but flows a lot better, the climbs are steadier and it includes my fave - Crowdicote Hairpins, and the descents are excellent with 3 of over 5km.
    I am hoping to have a free feed stop courtesy of the top sportive provider...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Routier
    Routier Posts: 94
    Looking good. Seeing as you normally get 15-20 riders do you split into two groups on busier roads?

Fingers crossed for the weather anyway!
  • napoleond
    It always splinters in to dribs and drabs on the main road bits. Both of which are descents so we'll be all separated then anyway...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • I've been given a pass out (amazing as its mothers day). Looking forward to it as last years was good fun, glad were doing the Crowdicote Hairpins again. I'll probally splinter off for home near Rainow.

see you all sunday
  • Well if the weather is as bad as they say I`m not playing out.It`s a 2 hour drive.So I think it will be the same on the way home Yet I don`t want to be cold as well as knackered doing the journey home.Lets hope the weather is half decent!!!.
  • Routier
    Hmm... According to metcheck and netweather it's going to be 10C on Saturday and 1-2C on Sunday. Sounds like bollocks to me! I hope
  • napoleond
    According to my WeatherPro app it's going to be 8-10 with a bit of sun and showers...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Yeah? I also get that its going tobe like 3-4 tempwise which isn`t good black ice etc.
    Weather reports change daily so I`m living in hope as it would be great to come down their meet and greet and stretch the old legs n lungs.
    If weather is bad I will just go swimming instead And live in hope for maybe summer sprinter?
  • alanp23
    AccuWeather is saying 8 degrees with cloud and a hint of sun.

Unfortunately AccuWeather has a reputation in our house of not doing "what it says on tin". So fingers crossed.
  • napoleond
    Yeah? I also get that its going tobe like 3-4 tempwise which isn`t good black ice etc.
    Weather reports change daily so I`m living in hope as it would be great to come down their meet and greet and stretch the old legs n lungs.
    If weather is bad I will just go swimming instead And live in hope for maybe summer sprinter?

Stop whining! Do ever ride actually ride your bike? ;)
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Yeah? I also get that its going tobe like 3-4 tempwise which isn`t good black ice etc.

Stop whining! Do ever ride actually ride your bike? ;)

Oh the hurt I feel from your poisonous tongue!!! :lol:
    I did a nifty fifty on Sunday and just short of a 1000 meters climbing. :D
  • Sun 18 Mar Day - 7 °C - no rain, some cloud/sun :D
  • napoleond
    -7°?!?

Right, not even I'm riding in that...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • napoleond
    Big news - It looks like there will be a top quality free feed station courtesy of THE top sportive provider.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Bigger news! Forecast for Sunday now dry!! 8)
  • napoleond
    Cyclestore have come up trumps with drinks for the start-

bd0f154f.jpg
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Is it just a case of turn up and ride, do I need to register ??

Cheers
  • napoleond
    Turn up and ride, It's just a social ride! I just happen to try and pull in favours to make it a bit more special!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Turn up and ride, It's just a social ride! I just happen to try and pull in favours to make it a bit more special!

Great - thanks
  • Routier
    Great work on the drinks :D
  • napoleond
    Wait till you see the feed station!!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • alanp23
    You've certainly put lots of effort in and I am sure it is going to be spectacularly good.
    The weather is looking pretty reasonable too.

Really looking forward to it.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Wait till you see the feed station!!
    Why, has AggieBoy organised the help? :shock: Now that is a feed station I would like to see!
  • napoleond
    You'll just have to settle for a high quality free feed station on a free 'sportive' ;)
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    I'm confirmed with several mates. Just wondered where the feed station is going to be? Somewhere near Longnor at a guess? Will there be Accellerade at the feed station too? Just trying to work out if I need to carry some nuun tabs or not...

See you at 10 at Macc LC.

PP