sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Still not fixed, guys - big blue squares everywhere

What browser are you using?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Hmm. This is 'different'. Reminds me of CC a bit.
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    Trying to see if I can get the 'review posting 'cos someone else has posted' either turned off or at least made optional.
    Now done
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • josnor
    josnor Posts: 207
    (did anyone seriously do an accessibility audit on it, though?)
    The new forum should be much more accessible because it uses standards compliant HTML, which the old one did not. The phpBB (that's the forum software we use) team are pretty good on accessibility IIRC.
  • josnor
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    Trying to see if I can get the 'review posting 'cos someone else has posted' either turned off or at least made optional.
    Now done
    This appeared in the review box when I tried to post the above!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I've actually had to turn down my screen settings (brightness and colour) as the site was giving me a headache.

You're ignoring the 'do some work' option then?

*Cough* Public sector *cough*
    What the hell has that got to do with anything. Who says I'm at work. My location doesn't devalue the opinion I have. I'm at home actually.

The site has too many blues and needs some contrasting colours. Blue on blue on blue on white ain't working for me.

Hate the typeface as well.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    Still not fixed, guys - big blue squares everywhere

I'm getting this on IE7
    on the pluss side i found the quote button had to fish round n the blue square till the mouse changed and i got a tool tip.
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • Jeff Jones
    josnor wrote:
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    Now done
    This appeared in the review box when I tried to post the above!
    Give it time (err, I hope)
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • heh heh, for comedy hour can you give us the power to change the templates.... go on :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • This is NOT fair. I am the miserable old git(TM) and I do not care for young whippersnappers muscling in.

What adverts? The joys of old age include reflexes so slow that I slide past the ads on the way to the naxt post with barely a flicker of recognition. Whatismore, you lot are posting so fast that it has taken me all afternoon to get to the end of the thread!

It's fine. It seems to work for me (on Firefox7) and we will all be used to it in seven days and complaining when the next set of tweeks arrive.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    Eewww eww ew adverts everywhere.. I guess nothing in life is free but i wont be rushing out to buy a 4x4 any time soon.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,344
    DonDaddyD wrote:

You're ignoring the 'do some work' option then?

*Cough* Public sector *cough*
    What the hell has that got to do with anything. Who says I'm at work. My location doesn't devalue the opinion I have. I'm at home actually.

Phew!

At least DDD functionality is intact......
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • I'm detecting a strong correlation between those on the bleeding heart liberal to foaming Commie end of the spectrum and those who claim to like this new forum look.

I should have guessed. I really should've. LiTs would have hated it, I'm certain.

(BTW, DDD, this once again confirms that you are about as left wing as William Hague, aged 14, addressing the Tory Party Conference. Embrace your inner right winger. Go on. Treat yourself).

ETA: that fuck ing feature that stops you posting on the first go if someone has got in first is *really* getting on my tits.

ETA(2): FCUK ME! It's done it again!
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    It's all a bit mickey mouse, I've already mentally blocked out the interpost ads anyway
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Greg66 wrote:
    I'm detecting a strong correlation between those on the bleeding heart liberal to foaming Commie end of the spectrum and those who claim to like this new forum look.

I should have guessed.

Conservative with a small c too eh? Who'd have thought...
  • Jeff Jones
    Greg66 wrote:
    ETA: that fark ing feature that stops you posting on the first go if someone has got in first is *really* getting on my tits.

I disabled that feature an hour or so ago. Not sure if it's a caching issue or whether I have to change something else.

Edit 1: someone try to post while I am

Edit 2: anyone?

Edit 3: Yes, Joe fixed it :)
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • josnor
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    ETA: that fark ing feature that stops you posting on the first go if someone has got in first is *really* getting on my tits.

I disabled that feature an hour or so ago. Not sure if it's a caching issue or whether I have to change something else.

Edit 1: someone try to post while I am
    I fixed it :)
  • I think this page looks fine and I can't really blame a free-to-use website for wanting to make money through advertising, but the page with the list of topics on it looks complete arse.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,373
    I think this page looks fine and I can't really blame a free-to-use website for wanting to make money through advertising, but the page with the list of topics on it looks complete ars*.

This. A bit more white (or pale blue) space between threads would help with the clarity - it all looks a bit crammed in.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Just popped by to see what all the fuss was about. I thought things looked OK when I just logged on as a guest, but not that I have logged on as me I get the big blue nothingness too. Using IE 7.0.5730.13 if that helps.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Paul E
    The main font size is way too big, it needs dropping a couple of points
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    edited November 2011
    happy enough with the format, now it looks like every other forum on the internet and has lost its cute individual charm, but hey, if it keeps it working..... I'm dubious how the tiny intra board links will work on my HTC Desire but I'll worry about that when it comes back from repair.

anyone know how it formats on a netbook?

much happier and less likely to get a migraine now I've added ad-blocker into Chrome.

Dear Advertisers - please don't take it personally, I'm always skint and need neither a Subaru nor an album of Samaritans inspired songs and undoubtedly will avoid the desperate urge for whatever it may be next week in favour of having enough money just before payday for food.
    Active pushy oooohhhhh look at me ads on an otherwise static text page aren't very nice flashing at my migrainey brain either so do please excuse me switching you off. subtlety will get you far more exposure than blinky blinky movey movey tat.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Everything seems to be working now at least on Firefox - will try Explorer again at work tomorrow - actually i quite like the new look - much clearer script
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    edited November 2011
    It's still very 'blue' now that I'm home and viewing via Firefox. Much better with adblocker enabled, sorry BR.
  • I get the blue blob with IE when logged in, OK with chrome.

FWIW I'd rather have the adverts between posts than down the side, where I keep clicking on them by mistake. Although I thought that was the point!
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Cafewanda wrote:
    It's still very 'blue' now that I'm home and viewing via Firefox. Much better with **Nobody likes ads but they pay for the site so please have the class not to whine about them** enabled, sorry BR.
    Does anyone else think that message is stupid. It's not really people whining about the ads, it's them removing them :lol:
  • suzyb wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    It's still very 'blue' now that I'm home and viewing via Firefox. Much better with **Nobody likes ads but they pay for the site so please have the class not to whine about them** enabled, sorry BR.
    Does anyone else think that message is stupid. It's not really people whining about the ads, it's them removing them :lol:

Ahhh the "Ad-thing that shall not be named."

Otherwise known as the "thing that shall not be named - blocker".

Shall we just call it the Voldemort plug-in? :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Paul E
    I shall be installing it tonight