Who hit this place with the Ugly Stick?

Comments

• is there a way to look at Commuting posts since you last looked (like you could on the old forum)?

+
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Cool thanks, Jeff
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Jeff: is your avatar a picture of you looking at the new BR layout?

Please, please, please, can the thread subject heading be removed from each post? There it is, every time, in bold, blue font. We know what thread it is.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    I think someone's favourite movie is The Smurfs.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    cjcp wrote:
    I think someone's favourite movie is The Smurfs.

Or maybe Deep Blue Sea?

Even the sailing forum I moderate isn't this blue
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    @Jeff & Developers

when you resize to the right to view a larger image only the avatar section changes, you can't see the far reaches of the image unless the page is opened with the browser big enough to see it all in the first place
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    @Jeff & Developers

when you resize to the right to view a larger image only the avatar section changes, you can't see the far reaches of the image unless the page is opened with the browser big enough to see it all in the first place

This is likely because they haven't set a max width on images - i've had the same trouble on a different forum i used to admin.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    How is this thread still going and 16 pages to boot, you lot are a total bunch of lazy toads - get back to some real work!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    @Jeff & Developers

This is likely because they haven't set a max width on images - i've had the same trouble on a different forum i used to admin.

The 'clever' new image cropping isn't that clever either... it seems to work by cutting off the bottom of tall images rather than giving you a scroll bar.... nice work again there guys!

Oh and I notice I still can't click next page on my phone without going to several ad sites. Why don't I think this is a priority for the BR Devs to fix?
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Am now down with the colour scheme and can't really remember how the old site looked. Guess we all adapt over time.
  • Road.cc is a very pretty site with plenty of ads that don't really annoy visitors. Just saying.
  • To cheer you up from all this - please enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwxCJSXW ... r_embedded
  • To cheer you up from all this - please enjoy.

Excellent! Clicking on your link did remind me of how annoying it is that it didn't open in a new window, however.
  • Clever Pun
    To cheer you up from all this - please enjoy.

Excellent! Clicking on your link did remind me of how annoying it is that it didn't open in a new window, however.

ha exactly my thoughts...

maybe right clicking on links and selecting open in new tab or clicking the middle mouse button to avoid such pitfalls in future?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Jeff Jones
    Clever Pun wrote:
    @Jeff & Developers

Edit: changed it to 760px wide by 1000px deep.

Design changes which can't be done through the forum admin are going to take longer. We will try to accommodate as many requests as we can (the option to open external links in a new tab is a definite as I've just tested it. It'll be under 'board settings' in your profile).

Not sure how long it'll take to complete. At least a week, hopefully not weeks. I'll update the various announcements once I know.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Clever Pun
    still cattletrucked

borked.jpg
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    Ha I can't even see the edge of my own bloody image
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • jeff - the widest the area we can type into is 760 pixels.

Install this...
    http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/r ... e_resizer/
  • Did someone doubly bork the Search function? Can we only search back as far as the new forum introduction now?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Jeff Jones
    jeff - the widest the area we can type into is 760 pixels.

Install this...
    http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/r ... e_resizer/
    Ta - outside my immediate control (apart from the image dimension settings which I've now got as 760x1000) but I'll put it on the list

@Keiran_Burns the forum hasn't been completely reindexed for search yet. It will.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Everything is still jumping a screen width to the right once the screen renders / you click a page number etc . . . IE7... annoying.... but the blue wall of death seems to be reserved for the main index page
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    Did someone doubly bork the Search function? Can we only search back as far as the new forum introduction now?

The "search this topic" bit is a big high pile of steaming pants. Jeff, feel free to quote me in your next publishers meeting, cos it is!
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • itboffin
    Greg T wrote:
    Everything is still jumping a screen width to the right once the screen renders / you click a page number etc . . . IE7... annoying.... but the blue wall of death seems to be reserved for the main index page

Listen grandpa the forums just fine it's your arthritic old man sticky fingers and that pre war web browser your dragging around, people like you make me sick :)

step away from the computer
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,344
    Greg T wrote:

Fucking annoying isn't it.

Haven't a clue what what browser I'm using. I don't know what the fuck Android, Bluetooth, Firefox or anything else anyone else has mention is.

I just want the forum back the way it was.

This is the same as the handbrake in my wife's Renault Scenic.

Let me tell you what a fukcing handbrake is. It's a lever which pulls a wire which applies a brake. Simple, basic and worked well in every fucking car made for the best part of 80 years. If it broke you fixed it with a new cable or a bit of WD40.

Then some cunt decided that pulling a lever was too much trouble and decided to replace the the lever and cable with a electronic button.

Thing is being electronic and French it breaks, randomly and for no fucking reason.

Don't worry though Renault will fix replace your ECU for £600

Upgrade my arse.

I know. I said 'pulls a wire'. Hehe
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,344
    snooks wrote:
    Did someone doubly bork the Search function? Can we only search back as far as the new forum introduction now?

The "search this topic" bit is a big high pile of steaming pants. Jeff, feel free to quote me in your next publishers meeting, cos it is!

Don't worry. This is the commuter forum. Every topic is repeated weekly anyway.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • itboffin
    No handbrake in my 740 just stop and it takes care of all that stuff - tiz the way it should be
  • cjcp
    Greg T wrote:

******* annoying isn't it.

Haven't a clue what what browser I'm using. I don't know what the fark Android, Bluetooth, Firefox or anything else anyone else has mention is.

I just want the forum back the way it was.

You're right.

There are some nice, new features, but that's it.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin

I've always found the search on this forum to be frankly bobbins so i use google instead

go to http://www.google.co.uk/ and enter this as your search;
    site:bikeradar.com somethingyouwanttofind

for me

site:bikeradar.com morpeth arms

simples
  • itboffin wrote:
    Greg T wrote:

Listen grandpa the forums just fine it's your arthritic old man sticky fingers and that pre war web browser your dragging around, people like you make me sick :)

step away from the computer

Well I'm running IE9 64bit and it does the jumping thing too...

Have to use Chrome now... and that keeps insisting on some plug-in every few seconds... click install... and zilch happens...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry: