Classic

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    @OP: Great line there from your son :-) I haven't been told that by any of my 6 yet and I think the closest I've had is having my bib-shorts referred to as the "Mario outfit" :-D

I did find out a while back that some of our family friends that I met for the first time shortly after meeting my wife whilst I was in college thought I was gay at first. Heck I think even my wife had her suspicions back then ;-) Apparently it wasn't quite right for a 17 yr old to have nicely styled hair and almost ALWAYS be in sleeveless or tight fitting tops. What can I say, I was a show-off who liked the attention (not much changes....)

On the subject of any of my kids coming out I can honestly say it wouldn't bother me at all. As long as they are happy and can find someone who makes them feel on top of the world then I couldn't care less if they are from the opposite or same gender.

As for the homophobic idiots, I'd be willing to bet some large sums of money that whilst they think 2 men getting together is something akin to going down on their grandmother they also think lesbians are the best thing since sliced bread!

Well last time I met you, you were looking quite tanned and your arms were looking pretty toned (trying to make this sound like a statement of fact rather than a chat up line), so I can see that if you dressed in a tight fitting top you may go down well at Heaven...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

As for the homophobic idiots, I'd be willing to bet some large sums of money that whilst they think 2 men getting together is something akin to going down on their grandmother they also think lesbians are the best thing since sliced bread!

It's more that they seem to think they're unbelievably attractive to all gay men - as if somehow, their presence will send a gay man into some sexual frenzy, such that they'll be assaulted by them. :roll:
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Well last time I met you, you were looking quite tanned and your arms were looking pretty toned (trying to make this sound like a statement of fact rather than a chat up line), so I can see that if you dressed in a tight fitting top you may go down well at Heaven...

I'm guessing you missed the picture someone from LFGSS got of me from the Blackfriars Flashride ;-) Seems pulling of in the big ring has really helped build up my arms ;-)

:lol: God my Finbar Saunders alarm has just gone mental :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052

I'm guessing you missed the picture someone from LFGSS got of me from the Blackfriars Flashride ;-) Seems pulling of in the big ring has really helped build up my arms ;-)

It set my double entendre alarm off too and I have it set quite high
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Paul E wrote:

I'm terrible for it :-) I have such a laugh at one of the offices I work at as one of my female colleagues invariably comes out with some crackers...she was once said (rather loudly) into her phone in at pub, whilst trying to explain she'd missed lunch with me and another work mate the day before: "Yeah I blew Mark and Chet off". I was sitting opposite her and she very nearly ended up with my Singapore noodles all over her....
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Headhuunter
    Paul E wrote:

I'm terrible for it :-) I have such a laugh at one of the offices I work at as one of my female colleagues invariably comes out with some crackers...she was once said (rather loudly) into her phone in at pub, whilst trying to explain she'd missed lunch with me and another work mate the day before: "Yeah I blew Mark and Chet off". I was sitting opposite her and she very nearly ended up with my Singapore noodles all over her....

Yes I quite like a good double entendre as well.... So where's this photo of you in the big ring?
  • Headhuunter

It's more that they seem to think they're unbelievably attractive to all gay men - as if somehow, their presence will send a gay man into some sexual frenzy, such that they'll be assaulted by them. :roll:

Yes, that's something that always makes me snigger... That many straight blokes, no matter what they look like, assume that any gay man would literally be all over them if they were given half a chance!
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I'm terrible for it :-) I have such a laugh at one of the offices I work at as one of my female colleagues invariably comes out with some crackers...she was once said (rather loudly) into her phone in at pub, whilst trying to explain she'd missed lunch with me and another work mate the day before: "Yeah I blew Mark and Chet off". I was sitting opposite her and she very nearly ended up with my special sauce all over her....
    ftfy
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Paul E
    I really must resist saying anymore, because it can only go into complete filth territory
  • Headhuunter
    Paul E wrote:
    I really must resist saying anymore, because it can only go into complete filth territory

Oh go on!
  • Paul E

Yes, that's something that always makes me snigger... That many straight blokes, no matter what they look like, assume that any gay man would literally be all over them if they were given half a chance!

Most even the ugly stick wouldn't touch on it's own
  • Headhuunter
    Paul E wrote:

Exactly! I'm very fussy.....
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Paul E wrote:

Not what your name suggests :o
  • Headhuunter
    Joelsim wrote:
    Paul E wrote:

Not what your name suggests :o

That's my job!
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    A headhunter. Oh no...

Anyway I'm going out with the laaaads to drink beer, watch football and talking about sh*****gging girls now.

Clash of the minnows tonight.

Man Utd v Aldershot.

:)
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Lol.

The OP's got me thinking, did his son actually mean "gay" as in homosexual or "ghey" as in lame?

Got ya'all thinking now!

Speaking of Vauxhall, went to a Portguese restaurant. Parked up with Ms DDD behind the arches near the park. This was after 8pm, t'was cold! - out of the darkness of the park emerges a bare chested guy wearing nothing else but the shortest jean shorts I've ever seen and sandels.

Asked me what time it is....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Lol.

The OP's got me thinking, did his son actually mean "gay" as in homosexual or "ghey" as in lame?

Got ya'all thinking now!

Speaking of Vauxhall, went to a Portguese restaurant. Parked up with Ms DDD behind the arches near the park. This was after 8pm, t'was cold! - out of the darkness of the park emerges a bare chested guy wearing nothing else but the shortest jean shorts I've ever seen and sandels.

Asked me what time it is....

This man was clearly a nevernude, I hope you weren't too judgemental.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    dhope wrote:
    I'm terrible for it :-) I have such a laugh at one of the offices I work at as one of my female colleagues invariably comes out with some crackers...she was once said (rather loudly) into her phone in at pub, whilst trying to explain she'd missed lunch with me and another work mate the day before: "Yeah I blew Mark and Chet off". I was sitting opposite her and she very nearly ended up with my special sauce all over her....
    ftfy

:lol::lol::lol:

As for the pic HH it's on here somewhere on one of the Blackfriar's Flashride threads (the 2nd to last one...)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,683
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Lol.

Hmm, kinda the same thing really isnt it - FOR EXAMPLE(!!!) nhigger or Phaki would nt be acceptable would they...?

(see definition 7 on your link!)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DonDaddyD
    ddraver wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Lol.

Hmm, kinda the same thing really isnt it - FOR EXAMPLE(!!!) nhigger or Phaki would nt be acceptable would they...?

Dude that's ghey.

I didn't even get past definition 1....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • k1875
    k1875 Posts: 485
    [quote=I'm terrible for it :-) I have such a laugh at one of the offices I work at as one of my female colleagues invariably comes out with some crackers...she was once said (rather loudly) into her phone in at pub, whilst trying to explain she'd missed lunch with me and another work mate the day before: "Yeah I blew Mark and Chet off". I was sitting opposite her and she very nearly ended up with my Singapore noodles all over her....[/quote]

We have an office idiot who has some strange ideas of what it would be like to be gay. He is the type of person who every new member of staff feels sorry for when they see the way he's treated, for about 48 hrs. After this, they are only too familiar with why nobody speaks to him. On a Xmas nite out one year, without any hint of irony or jest he said to a gay colleague that he would love to be gay because then it'd be easy to get a partner.

Anyhoo, this same tw@t was accusing a woman in the office of having done something wrong in order to cover up his own mistake (not uncommon). Having been sent off with a flea in his ear he began grumbling to the boss about how she'd made a "c0ck-up". Overhearing this, the woman in question lept up out of her seat proclaiming loudly "c0ck-up my ar$e !"

For the record I wouldn't give a toss if my kids turned out to be gay.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,683
    Well, partner no, Shagbuddy - probably, judging by the manwhore I lived with - Plus I don't know anywhere like Chariots that a single heterosexual can go to "meet" people - if there is somewhere in the Leiden area, please let me know!!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    ddraver wrote:
    Well, partner no, Shagbuddy - probably, judging by the manwhore I lived with - Plus I don't know anywhere like Chariots that a single heterosexual can go to "meet" people - if there is somewhere in the Leiden area, please let me know!!!

Haah, is chariots going to get cult status on here too?

(i LOVE Leiden by the way. Always seem to find myself in the barrera bar)
  • Headhuunter
    ddraver wrote:

Haah, is chariots going to get cult status on here too?

(i LOVE Leiden by the way. Always seem to find myself in the barrera bar)

I've been to Leiden! I remember arriving at the train station and being amazed at the number of bikes there were outside the station.... Literally thousands upon thousands!

I doubt there will ever be anything like Chariots for straight men (and women) because women would never go. Men, whether gay or straight, generally have a much more "sew the seed"/wham bam approach to sex. Of course straight men eventually get ensnared and marry to have kids etc, but men are far more into physical appearances than women, probably why gay men spend so much time at the gym trying to look good! Women usually don't just want a shag night after night with no strings, they want someone to father their children and offer protection. So in short, man on man action is far more perfunctory and based simply around the act of sex, so places like Chariots thrive...
  • Headhuunter
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Lol.

Dude that's ghey.

Yeah I have to say, I don 't see how spelling it differently makes it less offensive to the minority group concerned!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Lol.

Dude that's ghey.

Yeah I have to say, I don 't see how spelling it differently makes it less offensive to the minority group concerned!
    Oh I agree, I bore witness to someone telling niggah (verbally) was acceptable because he was saying (and then spelt it) with a"H".

I don't decide what the kids adopt as language these days "swear down".
    Food Chain number = 4

• As a kid growing up in the North East, it was kind of expected to be homophobic. And I half-heartedly went along with it until I went to stay with my sister when she was at university, she lived with a gay guy called Paul and I realised when I saw him and his boyfriend (also called Paul) just cuddled up on the sofa, I realised that they weren't scary, they were just quite a sweet couple.

If any of my kids turned out to be gay, it wouldn't upset me - they're still my kids and I'm still their Dad.

I have also met gay men who are distinctly hetrophobic, it's almost as though they haven't actually had a proper conversation with a straight man in so long, they have no idea how to any more; perhaps that's to do with some straight men's attitudes, though.
  • Paul E
    I don't care how it's spelt it's still offensive as it's meant in a derogatory way

If a word that describes something that the "majority" of the people are was used in the same sense there would be uproar about it, you can just picture the headlines.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,376
    cf. Ricky Gervais and his use of the word 'mong'. Apparently it has *nothing* to do with Downs syndrome any more. As someone pointed out, if you just mean 'idiot', then why not use the word 'idiot'.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Paul E
    rjsterry wrote:
    cf. Ricky Gervais and his use of the word 'mong'. Apparently it has *nothing* to do with Downs syndrome any more. As someone pointed out, if you just mean 'idiot', then why not use the word 'idiot'.

He is old enough to know the connection so he shouldn't use it, young kids might not know the connection but he shouldn't be using the word.