Newb to club riding wearing World Champs jersey

Comments

• It's great. You don't have to earn the badge.
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    I think you do.

I think he has.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • jim453 wrote:
    dilemna wrote:
    Update ................................

Twas a bit blowy on the club run today. The two new faces that came last week came again this week. They like the look of the club and are settling in well. As for Mr WC Newb, he didn't show, although I was informed he did have something else on today so couldn't make it. A world championship race perhaps ............. Maybe he will show up next week.

Perhaps he's read this thread and joined a club with fewer w@nkers in it.

Thread should have been closed after that great post!!
    :D
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    I think you do.

I think he has.

Indeed, we currently have no more-deserving badge wearers than our new and esteemed president.
  • dg74
    dg74 Posts: 656
    dilemna wrote:
    Several new faces have appeared on the club weekend ride which is good, but how does one go about telling one of them that wearing World Championship colors ie the rings awarded to Cav is bad etiquette unless you have earned them in which case you would be Cav or Thor Hushovd. Also the jersey is nothing like the club kit. The other newb faces are wearing their own gear, non descript Lycra until they get club kit next season and are fitting in well, but the person with the World Champ strip is adamant that they are going to wear this jersey and not buy club kit. They also have an inflated opinion of their cycling abilities. It is a small/medium sized club that likes to welcome all, but certain rules and ettiquette should be adhered to. Should several established members have a "quiet" word with the non-conformist newb?

What do you think?

You are Dave Brailsford and I claim my £100

Classic :D
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    dg74 wrote:
    dilemna wrote:
    Several new faces have appeared on the club weekend ride which is good, but how does one go about telling one of them that wearing World Championship colors ie the rings awarded to Cav is bad etiquette unless you have earned them in which case you would be Cav or Thor Hushovd. Also the jersey is nothing like the club kit. The other newb faces are wearing their own gear, non descript Lycra until they get club kit next season and are fitting in well, but the person with the World Champ strip is adamant that they are going to wear this jersey and not buy club kit. They also have an inflated opinion of their cycling abilities. It is a small/medium sized club that likes to welcome all, but certain rules and ettiquette should be adhered to. Should several established members have a "quiet" word with the non-conformist newb?

What do you think?

Mr B probably wouldnt give owl's hoot what people wear... if you can buy it, then you can wear it in my book, but wearing it and riding like shit(unable to talk and ride ina straight line for example) and saying it's ironic also doesnt cut it in my book, and just be prepared for a bit of wee wee take and have a thick skin might help... the htc one is so outofdate .. have Adidas got onto the marketing opportunity yet?
    The days of being precious are long long over... but I also have a certain inkling that riders in the 60's would not have been averse to coining it in with replica kit if they had had the opportunity, when you read how savvy they were with marketing of their own.
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    JGSI wrote:
    dg74 wrote:
    dilemna wrote:

What do you think?

Mr B probably wouldnt give owl's hoot what people wear... if you can buy it, then you can wear it in my book, but wearing it and riding like shoot(unable to talk and ride ina straight line for example) and saying it's ironic also doesnt cut it in my book, and just be prepared for a bit of wee wee take and have a thick skin might help... the htc one is so outofdate .. have Adidas got onto the marketing opportunity yet?
    The days of being precious are long long over... but I also have a certain inkling that riders in the 60's would not have been averse to coining it in with replica kit if they had had the opportunity, when you read how savvy they were with marketing of their own.

You're wrong. He would.
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    So, I had to have a word with one of my newer teammates today. Seems he traded one of his Ireland skinsuits for a NZ one and has been riding around in it. That's GOT to be a no-no.

I mean - does Rooney go and train in a Liverpool jersey that he swapped with Gerrard after the match? I think not.
  • I think in that situation Rooney is more concerned about receiving stolen goods from a scouser. :)
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    FWIW I think there's a distinction between a team jersey and the WC bands and the football analogy is useful

you would wear your accrington stanley kit regardless of whether they won or lost cos you support them. you wouldn't go out and wear a replica FA Cup winners medal cos they won the cup

same with the WC bands vs team kit (and personally I like the retro kits from prendas and the like)
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • Pokerface
    P.S> If anyone wants to buy a genuine UCI World Champion gold medal. I have one for sale.

One Billllllllllion Dollars.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    edhornby wrote:
    FWIW I think there's a distinction between a team jersey and the WC bands and the football analogy is useful

you would wear your accrington stanley kit regardless of whether they won or lost cos you support them. you wouldn't go out and wear a replica FA Cup winners medal cos they won the cup

same with the WC bands vs team kit (and personally I like the retro kits from prendas and the like)

I'm still waitin for Mr B to give his opinion, he must be on here somewhere...esteemed Editor, can't you poke him on Facebook? :wink:
    Talking of Prendas, they also not averse to knocking out jerseys with the stripes on for a quick buck.. you lot so opposed should really get your feelings known against those are feeding this addiction. Don't jump on the back of the user, nobble the dealer.
  • jim453
    Pokerface wrote:
    P.S> If anyone wants to buy a genuine UCI World Champion gold medal. I have one for sale.

Sorry Colin,

perhaps i've missed something. Are you and actual world champion?

It's not clear from any of your posts.
  • Pokerface
    jim453 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Sorry Colin,

Are you and (sic) actual are*hole? It's very clear from ALL of your posts.
  • jim453
    How very charming.

Thank you Colin.

In answer to your question

No,I'm actually only a C2 class ar#ehole, is that worth shouting about?
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Pokerface wrote:

You have mail.
    Peter
  • Pokerface
    jim453 wrote:
    How very charming.

Thank you Colin.

I suppose if you had achieved anything worthwhile in your pitiful life you'd shout about it. Which explains why you spend all your time putting other people down and have nothing to say for yourself.

Don't be jealous of me because I got somewhere through hard work and I'm proud of it. I wear green because I have to. Envy doesn't look good on you.
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    "We must be over the rainbow...rainbow....rainbow" JG Looking for something?
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • DF33 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

You have mail.

2nd dibs
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Hmm.

Tempted to buy a world champ jersey and wear it on that 'meet Cav' ride on Monday.

:lol:
  • Hmm.

Tempted to buy a world champ jersey and wear it on that 'meet Cav' ride on Monday.

:lol:

Hi Bradley
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • jim453 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Sorry Colin,

:lol::lol::lol:

Come on Colin - it was quite funny.
  • Scotxr
    Scotxr Posts: 172
    jim453 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Sorry Colin,

Brilliant stuff!!
    Santa Cruz Blur XC
    Nicolai Helius FR
    Planet X Carbon RED
  • Pokerface wrote:
    jim453 wrote:
    How very charming.

Thank you Colin.

I suppose if you had achieved anything worthwhile in your pitiful life you'd shout about it. Which explains why you spend all your time putting other people down and have nothing to say for yourself.

Don't be jealous of me because I got somewhere through hard work and I'm proud of it. I wear green because I have to. Envy doesn't look good on you.

Come on, it was quite funny...
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Anyone got any popcorn I can munch while I'm watching this thread?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Isn't gold meant to be quite soft? Can you just chew on a replica WC gold medal?
  • Roscobob
    Roscobob Posts: 344
    People that don't wear helmets are idiots.

**Sits back and waits**
  • Pokerface
    jim453 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Sorry Colin,

:lol::lol::lol:

Come on Colin - it was quite funny.

Nope - I agree. It would have been funny - if anyone else said it. Knowing Jim the way I do, he didn't mean it that way. He's just being a World Champion tool.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Is there a jersey for that?