Amy Winehouse Dead

Comments

• MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    ^^
    Exactly as he says above. There is only 1 good thing about Amy Winehouse, and that was her knockers.
  • 15peter20
    15peter20 Posts: 293
    repulsive attitudes from MountainMonster and Mattc59. Hang your heads.

This is someone's daughter, sister etc... I pray you never have a close family member with a drug or alcohol problem - or perhaps it will open your closed and offensive little minds.

I was never a huge fan of the person, but liked her music. An addiction is an illness - yes it can seem a waste and a kick in the nuts for those who try to help - but you would never do that to yourself if you weren't a seriously ill person.

Sad news.
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    15peter20 wrote:

This is someone's daughter, sister etc... I pray you never have a close family member with a drug or alcohol problem - or perhaps it will open your closed and offensive little minds.

I was never a huge fan of the person, but liked her music. An addiction is an illness - yes it can seem a waste and a kick in the nuts for those who try to help - but you would never do that to yourself if you weren't a seriously ill person.

Sad news.
    next you will be telling us that obesity is an illness.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • 15peter20
    15peter20 Posts: 293
    PS - in the event that one of your heroes from the TDF turns out to be a doper and 'does a Pantani' I hope you will be consistent in your dismissal of their life.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    15peter20 wrote:
    repulsive attitudes from MountainMonster and Mattc59. Hang your heads..

Is this moral indignation from the same person who posted a thread calling all roadies wankers for frequenting the girls in lycra thread?

You need a bigger perspective my friend, or more powerful anti delusional drugs.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Her parents wanted to keep her ashes, but were told they're classified as a class A drug.
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    she chose the life and the life chose her. If you want to become a drink/drug addict then fine but the caveat is you may v. well die. she made her choices and it went wrong but it really wasn't a surprise.
    M.Rushton
  • MountainMonster
    15peter20 wrote:

Sad news.

yeah, it was someones daughter. And? So is every other junkie!

And no, addictions are not illnesses, they are addictions. They are the person being weak. Hardly an illness there. Remember, your talking to someone who stooped down quite low, hit a very low point and sought help. Now 6 years completely drug free, and would never think of going back to them. You know why she hasn't stopped? Because she's a junkie, she enjoys it. She gives into the addiction, so no it's not an illness. Taking drugs has nothing to do with being seriously ill.

So when I talk shit about junkies, be it junkies living in sewers or junkies in the spotlight, I hold my head up in pride, not hanging in shame. If she wanted to get off them, she would have.
  • Will.C
    Will.C Posts: 245
    15peter20 wrote:

Sad news.

And no, addictions are not illnesses, they are addictions. They are the person being weak. Hardly an illness there. Remember, your talking to someone who stooped down quite low, hit a very low point and sought help. Now 6 years completely drug free, and would never think of going back to them. You know why she hasn't stopped? Because she's a junkie, she enjoys it. She gives into the addiction, so no it's not an illness. Taking drugs has nothing to do with being seriously ill.

So when I talk shoot about junkies, be it junkies living in sewers or junkies in the spotlight, I hold my head up in pride, not hanging in shame. If she wanted to get off them, she would have.

You sure you're not still on the coke? You're about as arrogant and selfish as any other cokehead i've ever met.

See your avatar.
  • MountainMonster
    Will.C wrote:
    15peter20 wrote:

Sad news.

So when I talk shoot about junkies, be it junkies living in sewers or junkies in the spotlight, I hold my head up in pride, not hanging in shame. If she wanted to get off them, she would have.

You sure you're not still on the coke? You're about as arrogant and selfish as any other cokehead i've ever met.

See your avatar.

How am I arrogant and selfish by stating that drug addiction is not an illness but a weakness of the persons will?

See my avatar.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Popcorn anyone? Just askin like, I have some to share with friends.

A talent, died young, shame, wasted resources, yes, no, I didn't know her, yes I am qualified to comment on a personal level.

Just suck it up and move on.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • MountainMonster
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Popcorn anyone? Just askin like, I have some to share with friends.

A talent, died young, shame, wasted resources, yes, no, I didn't know her, yes I am qualified to comment on a personal level.

Just suck it up and move on.

Love n hugs

DD

Shall I bring the Southern Comfort and bru?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Let the weak die eh MountainMonster?

Sounds pretty Austrain - you must fit in!
  • MountainMonster

LOL, i'm American, just happen to live here :)

But no, when someone chooses to fuck their life up and let it get out of control, and because of this loss of control they die, why should I be sorry, especially when they turned down help many times?

Same with the majority of hookers, why should I feel sorry for them when they get AIDs and die. They chose to put themselve in that situation, and noone should pity them for having sex for cash, and living with the things that come with it. Or not living.
  • rick_chasey

Makes sense.

Watch Fox news much?
  • MountainMonster

Makes sense.

Watch Fox news much?

Nah, more of a CNN, and BBC, fan myself.

That's if I even bother reading or watching the news, it's a bunch of biased crap if you ask me.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023

Ah, suddenly it all becomes clear.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277

But no, when someone chooses to fark their life up and let it get out of control, and because of this loss of control they die, why should I be sorry, especially when they turned down help many times?

Same with the majority of hookers, why should I feel sorry for them when they get AIDs and die. They chose to put themselve in that situation, and noone should pity them for having sex for cash, and living with the things that come with it. Or not living.

American?

C**t more like.
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • MountainMonster

But no, when someone chooses to fark their life up and let it get out of control, and because of this loss of control they die, why should I be sorry, especially when they turned down help many times?

American?

C**t more like.

Cunt or not, who cares? I find that the death of a drunk junkie not so bad, so that makes me a cunt? I didn't say she deserved it, I just said I don't feel despair when a junkie who has been offered all the help in the world still continues as a junkie.

Oh well, cunt i guess. Couldn't care less.
  • Drysuitdiver
    Drysuitdiver Posts: 474

American?

C**t more like.

how is the one eyed city these days.

whats the phrase. summat about casting first stones .
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • fast as fupp
    It's ok

Summat about compassion, sympathy, humanity. Qualities that don't seem to apply to our hank friend.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    @ FaP, here, have chill pill.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    This is good isn't it :D
    Any of that SC left DD ?

Personally, I think the only ones who can criticise MM for his comments are those who have been through it themselves. aaaah............ I forget, this is a cycling forum, must be a lot of pros on here :lol::wink:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • rick_chasey
    MattC59 wrote:
    Any of that SC left DD ?

Personally, I think the only ones who can criticise MM for his comments are those who have been through it themselves. aaaah............ I forget, this is a cycling forum, must be a lot of pros on here :lol::wink:

A close relative was homeless and probably had drug issues.

He drowned in a river and was found by a taxi driver when he was in his 40s.

Near enough to count?
  • MattC59
    MattC59 wrote:
    Any of that SC left DD ?

A close relative was homeless and probably had drug issues.

He drowned in a river and was found by a taxi driver when he was in his 40s.

Near enough to count?

Yep, pretty much.
  • Will.C
    Will.C Posts: 245

I didn't say she deserved it, I just said I don't feel despair when a junkie who has been offered all the help in the world still continues as a junkie.

Wasn't your first reply on page 1 of this thread "thank God"?
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Soni wrote:
    Some of the responses on this thread are a little low, just remember that she is someone's daughter at the end of the day, and yes she might have been a junkie and a drunk, but people don't just decide to become one, she had some serious issues that unfortunately led her to those dark places, and unfortunately for her and her family, no amount of help could bring her back.

Hope you are now at peace girl....

^ +1
  • MountainMonster
    It's ok

Summat about compassion, sympathy, humanity. Qualities that don't seem to apply to our hank friend.

If you lead a good life, and don't do other people wrong, or destroy your family through heavy drug use, you would get sympathy from me.

My wifes a nurse, we have 3 family members bed ridden due to alzheimers, and a few others due to various reasons. You will find i'm very compassionate, when the reason for your sickness is not self inflicted.

I just find it really funny everyone turns their nose up to the people begging on streets who live in a cardboard box asking for money, but the minute it's someone who has been in the limelight for a few years, and suddenly it's a tragedy. Where's your humanity if you can't treat people equally. Just because their a star does not make them amazing.

Can I ask you something, if let's say someone you know smokes ciggs everyday, and you always tell them they will get cancer sometime, but they never listen and do end up with cancer, is there not a "told you so" thought going through your head? It's exactly the same principle as here.
  • fast as fupp
    addiction is a disease not a lifestyle choice
  • MattC59
    ^^

Addiction:
    Compulsive physiological and psychological need for a habit-forming substance

Disease:
    A pathological condition of a part, organ, or system of an organism resulting from various causes, such as infection, genetic defect, or environmental stress, and characterized by an identifiable group of signs or symptoms.

Addiction is not a disease, it is the effect of a lifestyle choice.
    eg: You can be addicted to tobacco, but may suffer from an associated disease, such as cancer. Addiction isn't the disease.