Amy Winehouse Dead

Crispybug
Crispybug Posts: 58
edited July 2011 in The bottom bracket
Very, very sad but sadly very very inevitible!

The '27' club gains another member!
Mad as a box of badgers

Comments

• crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Yup,playing my favourites by her Valerie and Back to Black as i type.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Although it should not have been a surprise, it came as quite a shock.
    A waste of talent, sadly.
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    No great loss.

She dug her own grave.
  • Drysuitdiver
    Drysuitdiver Posts: 474
    she should of gone to rehab . do i get a prize
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    REal shame, too young. She must have been a schleck fan. :cry:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • RHT
    RHT Posts: 34
    No,No No
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Crispybug wrote:
    Very, very sad but sadly very very inevitible!

The '27' club gains another member!

Jimi ?

RIP Amy - condolences to family and friends.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    It's a shame when anyone dies, but this is just another dead junkie. Unfortunately, this one was given more opportunity to sort herself out than most others. The shame is that she wasted peoples time, money and resourses which could have been put to better use helping others.

Just because she could sing (sometimes) doesn't mean it was a tragedy.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    -59c Matt.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    A talented singer who had issues.

Bugger.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Thank god.
  • Soni
    Soni Posts: 1,217
    Some of the responses on this thread are a little low, just remember that she is someone's daughter at the end of the day, and yes she might have been a junkie and a drunk, but people don't just decide to become one, she had some serious issues that unfortunately led her to those dark places, and unfortunately for her and her family, no amount of help could bring her back.

Hope you are now at peace girl....
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    But if she had been a junkie thief, rather than a junkie singer, people would be saying good riddance?
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    So sad to hear. May she sleep in peace now. A talent lost forever.

Funny how people slag her off now yet never mention Hendrix,Moon, Joplin et al and what a waste they were. Can't help feeling that the press and public pushed her into the person they wanted her to be. Planty of column inches now for them to write about her without getting sued.
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    A great talent - RIP

For those who have posted disrespectful messages - hang your heads in shame. You're entitled to your opinions but some are best kept to yourselves.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,955
    RoyPSB wrote:
    A great talent - RIP

For those who have posted disrespectful messages - hang your heads in shame. You're entitled to your opinions but some are best kept to yourselves.

agreed. Being the better man is always knowing when to say nothing at all.
  • bill57
    bill57 Posts: 454
    But mass murder in Norway doesn't warrant a mention?
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    bill57 wrote:

Why don't you start a thread regarding that then so we can see what that throws up.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    The cemetary has a fair few that fit her career/lifestyle profile.

Her death while being tragic (27 is no age) was not exactly a shock horror moment for me.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    MattC59 wrote:
    Just because she could sing (sometimes) doesn't mean it was a tragedy.

Great attitude.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Soni wrote:
    Some of the responses on this thread are a little low, just remember that she is someone's daughter at the end of the day, and yes she might have been a junkie and a drunk, but people don't just decide to become one, she had some serious issues that unfortunately led her to those dark places, and unfortunately for her and her family, no amount of help could bring her back.

+1. I was never a fan of hers, but I would imagine that just about everyone in Cake Stop is a fan of some drug taking musician, actor, writer, sports star or whatever.
  • MountainMonster
    johnfinch wrote:
    Soni wrote:

+1. I was never a fan of hers, but I would imagine that just about everyone in Cake Stop is a fan of some drug taking musician, actor, writer, sports star or whatever.

That may be true, however, there is a difference between being a fan of a pot smoking hippie who is peaceful, and a herion crazed whore alcaholic.

For the people saying I should hold my head in shame, I do realise that there are reaons people turn to drugs, and that they are hard to kick. I used to be addicted to cocaine very heavily, and it caused many problems for my life. But the difference between me and amy winehouse is that I wanted to quit, so I did.
    She was a drug crazed lunatic, and everyone has the will power to quit whatever it is if they really want it.

Should I be sorry that she died? Yes a loss is bad, however, she was a drug addict who needed help but pretty much didn't want any. She just happened to be lucky and get have a talent to get rich, which in turned made her even more of an addict. Why should I be sorry a crack whore died? Some call it insensitive, but who cares?

Junkies die every day, its just cause she was a pop star that anyone other than her family care. Bunch of sheep if you ask me!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    bill57 wrote:

Often things which are particularly awful don't tend to get a lot of comment on here.

What's there to say? It's worse than we could ever imagine or articulate. There's not much to discuss.

Surprised some people are so dismissive of Winehouse for her drug behaviour.

Do they not consider drugs an illness, or at least an affliction that people bare?
  • chrishd883
    chrishd883 Posts: 159
    She had a talent and ths is a loss.
    She was a daughter, a niece and a cousin to those members of her family.and she has died.
    And that is a tragedy.

Yes, many people have died in Norway, and the Campag v Shimano debates rages on in this very forum. But these are topics covered in other threads!

Oh! Well said Soni.
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    johnfinch wrote:
    Soni wrote:

That may be true, however, there is a difference between being a fan of a pot smoking hippie who is peaceful, and a herion crazed whore alcaholic.

For the people saying I should hold my head in shame, I do realise that there are reaons people turn to drugs, and that they are hard to kick. I used to be addicted to cocaine very heavily, and it caused many problems for my life. But the difference between me and amy winehouse is that I wanted to quit, so I did.
    She was a drug crazed lunatic, and everyone has the will power to quit whatever it is if they really want it.

Should I be sorry that she died? Yes a loss is bad, however, she was a drug addict who needed help but pretty much didn't want any. She just happened to be lucky and get have a talent to get rich, which in turned made her even more of an addict. Why should I be sorry a crack whore died? Some call it insensitive, but who cares?

Junkies die every day, its just cause she was a pop star that anyone other than her family care. Bunch of sheep if you ask me!

Fkin right it caused problems on your life. You're nuts. :roll: I bet it was great getting cornered by you at a party in your hey day. Hell, I'd have turned to drugs to try and forget it happened. :shock:

She was a great artist who lost it for many reasons. Its sad because she made great music. Simple as that. No need to compare it to anything else. She made 2 great albums and we don't get to hear a third. Great shame.
  • cycologist
    cycologist Posts: 721
    I didn't know Ms Winehouse; hadn't met her , had never seen her. Therefore my sadness at her death is selfish. Through her album Black To Black she gave me so much pleasure. My regret is that I'll never hear her exceed this high point.
    The cause(s) of her death are not for me to concern my self with. i have lost a brother to heroin and know the pain. it is not for me to moralise over what sort of person she was. I love music of certain genres and put aside many of my personal views which may otherwise contradict my enjoyment of the exponents or the history of the sounds that I love.
    (eg I really enjoy listening to black American gospel music and love to sing hymns which may seem contradictory as I am an atheist)
    i am sad to hear of her death but her musical legacy will live on.
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    I wonder how much help will be given to the police by her inner circle, to find the dealer that she got her smack from?
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    I know age puts her in the 27 club but that's where the similarity ends, she's not in the same league as Morrison, Hendrix and Joplin. Maybe she could be put in the championship with Cobain.
  • MountainMonster
    johnfinch wrote:
    Soni wrote:

Fkin right it caused problems on your life. You're nuts. :roll: I bet it was great getting cornered by you at a party in your hey day. Hell, I'd have turned to drugs to try and forget it happened. :shock:

She was a great artist who lost it for many reasons. Its sad because she made great music. Simple as that. No need to compare it to anything else. She made 2 great albums and we don't get to hear a third. Great shame.

Everyone has a choice not to buy, and not to use, regardless of what anyone thinks. If the will is strong enough, they can get off it or never begin in the first place.

As far as great artist, everyones go their own taste in music, but I find her music apalling.

I just how everyone in the country follows the media like sheep. You read someone about a junkie who was abused as a kid and now smokes 7 rocks a day has died in a sewer somewhere in london, you barely even read the headline. Then suddenly some rich girl who had a bit of a voice on certain occasions died, and suddenly it's a great shame. No it's not, it's just another dead junkie. Just cause she's rich and famous makes no difference.

She was offered help, but never did anything with it. Oh well, who cares.
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Paul Gray of Slipknot and Rev Sullivan of AV7X both died in the last year or so, from drug overdoses, and the general consensus (of those who heard) was "oh well, what do they expect playing with drugs. Rock stars are all crackhead morons etc..." Is it different because she's female and is more mainstream music based? Even her fans turned on her at most of her concerts (that she bothered to turn up to) as she was usually wasted when she got on stage.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos