Is the Cav Sky move a done deal?

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,407
    [coroneymede] meerhh cos its like so cos hes a sociopath meerhhh cr*p cra*p b*ll*cks b*ll*cks whingemeerh [/coroneymede]
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Yes, you're all right. We should just leave it.

ddraver- you made me laugh. Thank you.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    No, it isn't.

*sigh*

OK, it's more than 2 but not many. Happy now? :P
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Tusher wrote:
    Yes, you're all right. We should just leave it.

There's nothing to leave. We're right and everyone that disagrees is wrong. They can bitch and moan all they like - doesn't change the fact.
  • ffs, has he joined sky or not??? who gives a t*ss about anything else! (and why would you, as a bloke, be interested in Cav's private life. He is just a quick cyclist after all....)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,187
    and why would you, as a bloke, be interested in Cav's private life.

I know, it's baffling, isn't it.

peta-todd-23-4597.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ffs, has he joined sky or not??? who gives a t*ss about anything else! (and why would you, as a bloke, be interested in Cav's private life. He is just a quick cyclist after all....)

absolutely
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    RichN95 wrote:

peta-todd-23-4597.jpg

Why did I ever allow them to publish that photograph when I was having a bad hair day?
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    RichN95 wrote:

peta-todd-23-4597.jpg

When my daughter does that with her hands down 'there' its a sure sign that she needs a wee wee.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,407
    .....I'm not sure if I should laugh or get on to child services....

:wink:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

peta-todd-23-4597.jpg

When my daughter does that with her hands down 'there' its a sure sign that she needs a wee wee.

She does have that 'can we get this done sooner rather than later please?' look on her face.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Well, Wiggins seems to have confirmed Cav's move to Sky in his interview with ITV, albeit unofficially and probably without consciously meaning to!
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    What did wiggo say?
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    He basically had a full conversation saying things like "when Cav comes to Sky" and "at Sky he'll have better riders with him" etc - said not "if" but "when" - it was shown on the Vuelta coverage on ITV4 about an hour ago - think the interview was yesterday - seem to remember seeing it then.

Have googled & cant find it, but watch it back on itv player & you'll see it (about 20 mins in to today's Vuelta coverage show)
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Yeah the interview was as if it was official. Saying how Cav will be fine to have on the tour team as long as he has 3 climbers to help him in the mountains.

I immediately searched the net expecting to see that i had missed the announcement...
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • You don't have to follow Cav's twitter to perv at pics of his girly, so I'm still puzzled why anyone wants to know when he takes a sh1t or has a p1ss. Back to the OP, he promised to reveal it all this week, and hasn't. Maybe we will be treated to him and wiggo slinging each other up alpe d'huez after all....
  • yenrod
    yenrod Posts: 135
    Cav even tweeted the other day something like;

'when youve everything life could give you - you wish for the past...'

ITS A DONE DEAL* ! ;)

(*allegedly)
    [;)] 'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]
  • yenrod wrote:
    Cav even tweeted the other day something like;

'when youve everything life could give you - you wish for the past...'

ITS A DONE DEAL* ! ;)

(*allegedly)

Doesn't explain why he was grinning like a Cheshire cat when he first announced a deal was done....
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Secteur wrote:
    He basically had a full conversation saying things like "when Cav comes to Sky" and "at Sky he'll have better riders with him" etc - said not "if" but "when" - it was shown on the Vuelta coverage on ITV4 about an hour ago - think the interview was yesterday - seem to remember seeing it then

That's a bit cocky ain't it? He's had excellent riders at Highroad, none better imo.
    Typical bragging from Wiggins.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    None of the HTC/Highroad riders can say where they're going until 1 September, I read there's some small print blocking them from announcing it until then.

Cav seems certain to join Sky, it's just a question of which date it's announced.
  • Sun Dodger
    Sun Dodger Posts: 393
    Maybe Renshaw and the others didn't have that in their contracts...

Whatever, it's getting boring now. Though I'd blame the Sky Marketing folk rather than anyone else.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Ms Tree wrote:
    Secteur wrote:
    He basically had a full conversation saying things like "when Cav comes to Sky" and "at Sky he'll have better riders with him" etc - said not "if" but "when" - it was shown on the Vuelta coverage on ITV4 about an hour ago - think the interview was yesterday - seem to remember seeing it then

That's a bit cocky ain't it? He's had excellent riders at Highroad, none better imo.

Couldn't agree more with that to be honest.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Ms Tree wrote:
    Secteur wrote:

I agree, but cyclists always talk up their teams, be something wrong if they didn't.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Ms Tree wrote:
    Secteur wrote:

Hang on, I saw that on the show as well, I even rewound it on Sky+ because I couldn't believe how open Wiggins had been, and I don't recall him saying it like that. He simply said Cav wouldn't have the riders he had at HTC, but that Sky had good leadout men. He also mentioned Eisel possible going with Cav. I know how Wiggins can be in interviews, but he didn't come across as cocky in this one.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,810
    I can't see Wiggins replacing Tony Martin in the lead out. Cav is going to seriously miss that 54 x 11.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,212
    TheBigBean wrote:
    I can't see Wiggins replacing Tony Martin in the lead out. Cav is going to seriously miss that 54 x 11.

Can see Thomas doing that role with aplomb.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,810
    TheBigBean wrote:

Well that depends on who is replacing Renshaw. Thomas can't replace Renshaw and Martin.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I dont think it matters much. Cav won when Renshaw was kicked off in the past.
    A leadout is a leadout - he would still do well just sitting on the back of someone elses leadout.

I do think a Sky leadout would be pretty decent to be honest. Lots of classy pursuiters in the team.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,177
    A lead out man needs to be a decent sprinter, so Thomas would never have been earmarked for that role.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,212
    TheBigBean wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

Well that depends on who is replacing Renshaw. Thomas can't replace Renshaw and Martin.

No. But he can easily do Martin's job from 4km out.

Swift?

Sky have sprinters.