Stage 18 SPOILER

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,796
    pre-emptive break attempt with the usual suspects in it roche Tjallingi etc...

mopped up the points all back together
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    16 man group away

45 secs
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    16 in the break apparently
  • Snorebens
    Snorebens Posts: 759
    x2 Leopard Trek, x2 Euskatel, x1 BMC... No Saxo?
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Snorebens wrote:
    1. DUQUE Leonardo 154 COFIDIS LE CREDIT EN LIGNE 20 pts
    2. POSTHUMA Joost 17 TEAM LEOPARD-TREK 17 pts
    3. DELAPLACE Anthony 213 SAUR-SOJASUN 15 pts
    4. DEVENYNS Dries 125 QUICK STEP CYCLING TEAM 13 pts
    5. TJALLINGII Maarten 49 RABOBANK CYCLING TEAM 11 pts
    6. BOOKWALTER Brent 142 BMC RACING TEAM 10 pts
    7. IRIZAR Markel 73 TEAM RADIOSHACK 9 pts

It's like a who's who of the teams that have done nothing. Katusha and Astana really should have stuck a rider apiece up there.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Ruben Perez again at the front. He is going to be named most combative rider in this TDF if he keeps it going!!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    JonGinge wrote:

There are a lot of reports of Cavendish really suffering in the Pyrenees, more than in previous years.
    In general or just on the stage he crashed early doors?

I read in general.

I took his effort a couple days ago to be a test to see if his condition uphill has improved.
    Interesting, ta. Tomorrow may be hard work for him then...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Snorebens
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Ruben Perez again at the front. He is going to be named most combative rider in this TDF if he keeps it going!!

Jeremy Roy must be kicking himself...
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Snorebens wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

If he does that in front of the commissaires it might help his cause ;)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2011
    2 from leopard

bmc have bookwalter

cant see anyone from saxo but 2 from EUS count I guess

burghadt coming across gap for bmc
  • gabriel959
    Snorebens wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

he must! I think Ruben only needs another 50 or 60 km to be ahead of him ...
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • Snorebens
    Hoogerland bridged and 1x BMC, 1x FDJ and ANother chasing.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Snorebens wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

he must! I think Ruben only needs another 50 or 60 km to be ahead of him ...

Delage trying to bridge! He was also in contention for the aggresive rider GC!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Ah Johnny, get in the original break, don't go after it once it's 2 mins up the road.

:(
  • gabriel959
    they must be going up the climb already
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    Ah Johnny, get in the original break, don't go after it once it's 2 mins up the road.

He probably feels it's safer to stay behind the break.
    Half man, Half bike
  • stokepa31
    stokepa31 Posts: 560
    Peloton now 4:55 down on breakaway with silin, delage and berghardt in between and 1:40 down
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Ridgerider wrote:

He probably feels it's safer to stay behind the break.

Ha!

You're a fan of the Dutchie aren't you? Or is it just the Rabo boys.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    weather at the top not a white out as yesterday - any feeds more relevant than this?

http://pv.viewsurf.com/?id=74
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Break now at 7:15
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    JonGinge wrote:
    There are a lot of reports of Cavendish really suffering in the Pyrenees, more than in previous years.
    I read in general.
    The Pyrenee stage where Cavendish came in with about 90 secs to spare before cut-off, he apparently wouldn't have made had it not been for Eisel dragging him along.
    In fact he nearly didn't make it anyway that day, because on one descent, he was following Eisel's wheel so closely, that when Eisel went a bit wide on a bend, Cavendish did too but even more so, and brushed against the guardrail alongside the road edge as he came out of the bend.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    knedlicky wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    I read in general.
    The Pyrenee stage where Cavendish came in with about 90 secs to spare before cut-off, he apparently wouldn't have made had it not been for Eisel dragging him along.
    In fact he nearly didn't make it anyway that day, because on one descent, he was following Eisel's wheel so closely, that when Eisel went a bit wide on a bend, Cavendish did too but even more so, and brushed against the guardrail alongside the road edge as he came out of the bend.

Cav's biggest threat is Corneymead escaping from his nurses and throwing himself in front of Cav's wheels.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Cav will be fine, an out of form Farrar might not be though...
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    weather at the top not a white out as yesterday - any feeds more relevant than this?
    http://pv.viewsurf.com/?id=74
    I heard there was only a very light snowfall overnight at the top of Galibier, but that it's raining there now.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    19 in the break now. 8:15 lead
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    knedlicky wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    I read in general.

Cav's biggest threat is Corneymead escaping from his nurses and throwing himself in front of Cav's wheels.

:D:D:D:D
  • stokepa31
    stokepa31 Posts: 560
    delage and co made it across to the break. 8:45 the gap
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    If any team ride to get Cav eliminated they will make themselves seriously unpopular in the peloton. Cav is far from the worst climber in the race and usually finishes in a sizeable group so if he gets eliminated so would a lot of others. Tomorrow's stage is likely to be the bigger risk for an elimination but providing he can hang in the bus then he should be safe as they usually bend the rules in the event that a large group finishes outside the time limit.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,584
    Contador just interviewed on ES stated he expected to be able to take 5 minutes out of today :shock:
  • RowCycle
    RowCycle Posts: 367
    Alan A wrote:
    Contador just interviewed on ES stated he expected to be able to take 5 minutes out of today :shock:

Go on lad - you go for it!