Can Contador win it?

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    iainf72 wrote:
    I'm curious why so many people think Cuddles will have a bad day?

Me too.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,409
    Perhaps because in previous tours he generally has had one?
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    wow.. Just finished watching the final 20k and gotta say that was some awesome racing..

This tour has been a cracker..
    cartoon.jpg
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Dorset Boy wrote:

Has he?

Last year he broke his arm. Year before he was well off the pace before the mountains because of TTT. Year before? And before that?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,409
    It might jusrt be an impression, not based on fact.....
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    He just seems to get one bad day. A fractured arm, a bad tt and he takes it to heart. Looks like this could be his year hopefully.
    M.Rushton
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    I think I might take a fractured arm to heart too!
    It's going to be interesting.
    Throw in a bit of bad weather & Cuddles could be in yellow in Paris.
    Contador will attack. Can Voeckler defend?
    Will a Schleck or two put in a bid for glory?
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Think we saw the Podium finish ahead of the main pack today, in which order they will be, i do not know.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    It might jusrt be an impression, not based on fact.....

Why are you hammering on the keyboard and not getting the miles in for my Hill Climb on the 1st August!!!!
    Do you know any of these people on this website-
    http://www.gdw.org.uk/ ????
    Hmmm...?? :wink:

-Jerry

Ps- Ok getting off the script here; schlecks are lookng shakey and Sammie Sanchez should have done a better descent. He is good buddies with AC so may be doing Pisterolo a favour by working with him.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Anyone else think he might have a go tomorrow? Good chance to sneak a few seconds if any of the others are sleeping.
    You must be clairvoyant. :D (or are you really Bertie in disguise?)
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • LeicesterLad
    Contador suddenly finds form after the second rest day.....
    Now where have I heard that before?
    No doubt the cheating tw@t spent yesterday hooked up to a big bag of his own blood. Almost a tradition for the guy.

And what do you base that on you clueless numpty?
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    No doubt the cheating tw@t spent yesterday hooked up to a big bag of his own blood. Almost a tradition for the guy.

+1 on the "clueless numpty" comment. However it could be a troll, but that still makes him a "clueless....
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Reading that article that was listed earlier -' what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' sums Bertie up. I thought Chris Boardman summed it up brilliantly in the highlights tonight - A Schleck threw his toys out the pram - or was he upset that Franky didn't wait for him?
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    This is the first time I've ever watched TDF and have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's a shame about the crashes we've had so far in particular Wiggins.
    My question though is can Contador win it from here? Being 4 minutes off the pace seems a lot especially when nearly 2 of those minutes are behind the Shlecks. However he held on in the Pyrenees, I wonder if he can storm away in the Alps.
    yes :)
  • brakelever
    brakelever Posts: 158
    methinks the siamese twins flatter to deceive :lol:
  • Surely Evans is in pole position.
    I meant out of the people who might actually win the thing...;)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    Dorset Boy wrote:

Has he?

Last year he broke his arm. Year before he was well off the pace before the mountains because of TTT. Year before? And before that?

They had the same debate on Dutch TV - a journo said he always has a bad day and Boogerd challenged.

There's always a day where Evans loses time in the mountains.

Whether that constitutes a bad day is another matter.

He just looks very powerful at the moment. Do think the sheer length of some of the Alps will be the better of him though.

Can see this being very tight.
  • oscarbudgie
    oscarbudgie Posts: 850

Its what he did last year you clueless pr!ck
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • petejuk
    petejuk Posts: 235
    Evans has looked good throughout and, due to his high placing from the off, has never had to go on the offensive. No one has really tried to ride him off their wheel. Frandy have 'attacked' in the Pyrenees but I see that more as a defensive measure to show the others they've got the legs to go with any attack they might consider.
    As a result, Evans just has to sit in and make sure he doesn't get dropped. He's in good form and hasn't had to really exert himself. If he does have a bad day, as long as he can limit losses to his rivals, he could still be in contention.
    Frandy have thrown this one away IMO -especially after today's damp show.
    Contador will attack and keep attacking until the end. I expect he'll claw back a minute and a half tomorrow.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,585
    petejuk wrote:
    Contador will attack and keep attacking until the end. I expect he'll claw back a minute and a half tomorrow.

I think he will have a go again tomorrow, but only on the final climb. There is a big gap of flat / downhill before that. 30 secs maybe.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Basso will put Evans to the sword and be crushed in the malestrom of the POWER!!

I thought I would write that comment in the style of our Mr Vino as I miss his light hearted comments. Vino could have done with wrestling a Pyreneean Bear with his shirt off after his last crash as they like that sort of thing over in Astanaland. Make a good President of Kazakstan that man would.

Boratcropped.jpg

Thumbs up there from a fan.

-Jerry

PS- Gets very tense in this Forum, you know!

PPS- The point at the top of my post was the strange thing that Basso kicked Evans up the Butt last year at the Giro. I thought Basso was coming in to form due to his late crash prior to the Tour but he's still a bit off the pace. If they let him take his full dose of drugs then he'd be 9 minutes up by now! Seems Basso still can't descend as Simoni once put him to shame in the Giro once on a wet day in the Italain Mountains.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • Road Ace
    Road Ace Posts: 16
    I hope he does not win it....... Smoke and fire!

However he did set the race alight today. Evans to win and Frandy in second and third would make me happy. Looking forward to the Alps where people have to attack. Evans can sit back and soak it up!

:lol:
  • LeicesterLad

:lol::lol: You getting a strop on little man?

Last year, so that makes it a tradition then? :roll: Think you will find (assuming your a shleckett) that both of them skill-less C*nts are doped up to the eyeballs...

As for clenbuterol, To see any physical effect on the human body, it must be used for a great lengths of weeks - Months, the fact that Contador tested negative 48 hours, and 24 hours prior to the race, would suggest, in my opinion, it wasn't intentional, A, what would be the point, it was such a low dose, it would have literally ZERO effect on the body, B, The imported steak might be more reasonable than it seems, infact several teams are importing food this tour. He shat on the Giro, Clean. FACT. He sh*ts on both schlecks, Clean, FACT.

That pair of whimps may have the body to get up the climbs, as for skill, bike handling, penache, aggression - None. ''fans don't want to see descents, its to dangerous, im a gawky looking snotty nosed ponse that thinks every finish should be 2000m above sea level just because thats the only type of ride i know how to do, Fans want to see boring, monotonous, p*ss poor attempts at attacks, and some good old brotherly love, as well as plenty of chain dropping, and whineing like a spoilt little kid''
  • bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    especially as the "Slechks" seen to be throwing their toys out of the pram,ooooooh there shouldnt be any down hill finish's (GAP !!!)
  • He shat on the Giro, Clean. FACT. He sh*ts on both schlecks, Clean, FACT.

That pair of whimps may have the body to get up the climbs, as for skill, bike handling, penache, aggression - None. ''fans don't want to see descents, its to dangerous, im a gawky looking snotty nosed ponse that thinks every finish should be 2000m above sea level just because thats the only type of ride i know how to do, Fans want to see boring, monotonous, p*ss poor attempts at attacks, and some good old brotherly love, as well as plenty of chain dropping, and whineing like a spoilt little kid''

Stands and applauds. The Shleck show has been utterly gash this year. Worse than before.
  • dg74
    dg74 Posts: 656

Last year, so that makes it a tradition then? :roll: Think you will find (assuming your a shleckett) that both of them skill-less C*nts are doped up to the eyeballs...

As for clenbuterol, To see any physical effect on the human body, it must be used for a great lengths of weeks - Months, the fact that Contador tested negative 48 hours, and 24 hours prior to the race, would suggest, in my opinion, it wasn't intentional, A, what would be the point, it was such a low dose, it would have literally ZERO effect on the body, B, The imported steak might be more reasonable than it seems, infact several teams are importing food this tour. He shat on the Giro, Clean. FACT. He sh*ts on both schlecks, Clean, FACT.

With a rant like that, you can't accuse anyone else of getting stroppy.

• LeicesterLad
    dg74 wrote:

With a rant like that, you can't accuse anyone else of getting stroppy.

I was pushed into it! I was provoked, Honest boss! :lol:
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    [

I think you are deliberately missing the point here. Its been done to death in another thread but there are couple of issues. Firstly any clen in the system is a positive and the implication of the low dose is a potential screwed up attempt at blood doping. Then we get into the plasticiser debate.......

Agree with what you say about the Schlecks though. Much as I dont think AC should be there I now want him to take those two apart.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960

As for clenbuterol, To see any physical effect on the human body, it must be used for a great lengths of weeks - Months, the fact that Contador tested negative 48 hours, and 24 hours prior to the race, would suggest, in my opinion, it wasn't intentional, A, what would be the point, it was such a low dose, it would have literally ZERO effect on the body, B, The imported steak might be more reasonable than it seems, infact several teams are importing food this tour. He shat on the Giro, Clean. FACT. He sh*ts on both schlecks, Clean, FACT. '

Erm.... one word that explains the Clenbuterol in his system and subsequent performance increase after the second rest day:

Transfusion.
  • LeicesterLad
    Pokerface wrote:

As for clenbuterol, To see any physical effect on the human body, it must be used for a great lengths of weeks - Months, the fact that Contador tested negative 48 hours, and 24 hours prior to the race, would suggest, in my opinion, it wasn't intentional, A, what would be the point, it was such a low dose, it would have literally ZERO effect on the body, B, The imported steak might be more reasonable than it seems, infact several teams are importing food this tour. He shat on the Giro, Clean. FACT. He sh*ts on both schlecks, Clean, FACT. '

Erm.... one word that explains the Clenbuterol in his system and subsequent performance increase after the second rest day:

Transfusion.

Thats fair enough Pokerface. But think the schlecks don't do the same? :roll: If we are all going to be honest with ourselves, then we can admit that a large percentage of pro-cyclists are cheats in one way or another. Im not saying its right, im not saying its wrong, im just saying Contador gets the stick for being the Only cheat in the peloton, fact of the matter is, Contador undoped, would still beat Shlecks doped.