stokepa31 Posts: 560
    jens down again. looking like a schleck lol
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Jens... no need for that language! Naughty boy.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    It's becoming an unfortunate tradition for Jens to crash on a descent in the mountains each year.

As I type...bang, down again. Telling the cameraman where to put his camera!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    PROFILKMS.gif
    Contador is the Greatest
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Ouch, that tarmac will be smarting.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • stokepa31
    PROFILKMS.gif

lets get ready to ruuuuuuuumble. ive been waiting for this for 2 weeks. hope it lives up to my expectations.
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • samiam
    samiam Posts: 227
    The skoda tour de france advert is really working on me.

Sh*t!
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    donrhummy wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:
    Leopard Trek is doing a very smart, powerful ride today. They are a strong team.

Why is it smart?

Two guys up ahead, waiting to drop back and help them (stuey, gerdemann).

So sit in a very slow peloton all day where guys like steuy and gerdemann could have easily chilled, and then chase the breakaway down once they are in the break?

I think they'd be better off doing nothing, playing poker with Europcar, till the valley just before the plateau and absolutely slamming it right into the stiff bottom 4-5km of the final climb.

No, that's not quite right. Except for an initial push, a breakaway doesn't work harder than the peloton. that's why the gap tens to stay the same for 90% of the time they're ahead. And if they don't put in a lot of time at the front of the break, they're just sitting in drafting (as they did). Then, when they hit a tough mountain, if they fall back because it's too much effort, they'll end up rejoining their team with no effort (just slow down). If instead, they hit the same mountain with the peloton and fell back, they'd have to work very hard to get back to their teammates.
  • stokepa31
    Chinny laying it down on the front
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Does anyone have a link for the site which gives out the heart rate, power output, speed etc. of the riders? Be good to see how their power and heart rate changes on the start of the climb.
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    edited July 2011
    Milton50 wrote:
    Does anyone have a link for the site which gives out the heart rate, power output, speed etc. of the riders? Be good to see how their power and heart rate changes on the start of the climb.

http://data.srmlive.de/TDF/
  • stokepa31
    saxo actually have some guys with bertie behind the leopard train
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • milton50
    Neil McC wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:

http://data.srmlive.de/TDF/

Much appreciated.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Harmon's story about Lance v Basso showed just how much of a sh!t he is ... Harmon, obviously ...
  • Leopard at putting down some big power. They are going to hit that climb 'full gas'. The bunch is going to go boom.
  • scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    So what did the 2004 finish tell Dave about Lance?

Did ten Dam get back up?
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Anyone got any Sporza links? My sporza stream died.
  • milton50
    I think I just saw Szmyd get dropped.
  • afx237vi
    Leopard tactics are kinda mystifying.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    And that's why Jens was up ahead before. ;)
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Shock Horror Andy Shleck thinks the race is going backwards - wish he would stop looking behind
  • afx237vi
    No offence to Voigt fans, but as soon as he got on the front, people stopped being shelled.
  • samiam
    samiam Posts: 227
    Every time Sherwin (or Liggett) says "a very select group of riders" I'm taking a drink. I expect to be quite drunk in the next 45 minutes ;)
  • afx237vi
    Evans and Basso will be happy with this.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    afx237vi wrote:
    Leopard tactics are kinda mystifying.

+ 1 If you want to keep the pace high you dont use 2 guys who have been away all day.....Voigt and gerdleman
  • afx237vi
    Even Voeckler still has his tongue in his mouth, so you can tell how hard it is.
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    edited July 2011
    How do Garmin find a new GC man every year?

Nevermind, spoke too soon.