TDF 2011 - Stage 14 Spoiler

14567810»

Comments

• emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    jerry3571 wrote:
    It's just Cycle Racing. I've seen stuff like this a fair bit before. I crashed at 45mph and stuffed myself up for 2 weeks. I have no teeth from going back in to the back of a car and various other scars.
    My mate had such bad road rash once he popped a stone out of his shoulder a year after the crash. I saw him go over a car before and land on his feet at the end of it; amazing stuff!

I heard a about a guy who was doing a Race Training type thing and he landed on his face at 30mph and had about 3 bike wheels ride across his face. I live about 30 miles from this place and overheard someone in the Pub who was a Dental Nurse who was helping put some kids teeth back together after a cycle incident. She said his head was like a fat Gopher. I asked whether this kid had tyre marks across his face and she said he had 3 big lines. Same kid.
    I also remember there was a woman bike rider at a Barnsfield Heath night who looked the Carrie woman (Horror Film) as she ran in to the bushes screaming her head off; mad as hell. She was ok a week later; minor scratches.
    13-Women-empowerment-Carrie.jpg

Nasty business.

-Jerry

I had a bit of a Carrie face before also... full road rash on both sides of my face ... But 7 days later it was ok - me picking scabs off :-) Had real bad concussion also and I can remember being in the ambulance looking at a band new pair of sidi's I bought the day before and asking the nurse, who owns those lovely shoes :-) ha!
    www.dotcycling.com
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    According to his twitter, Ten Dam was pretty much pushed up the final climb by Hushovd.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    S'not the first time Armstrong's used Voeckler to get a little purchase with the French.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    S'not the first time Armstrong's used Voeckler to get a little purchase with the French.

Probably true, but partially I genuinely think Armstrong is telling everyone to show Tommy some respect and not totally dismiss him.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    These guys really are above comprehension. What sport touches this one for the embodiment and display of great human qualities. Blatantly none.

Getty
    01b8c73b40a11d432afd8544844c9cf0-getty-_.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    These guys really are above comprehension. What sport touches this one for the embodiment and display of great human qualities. Blatantly none.

Does that include me and emadden too?? Thanks FF.

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    jerry3571 wrote:

Does that include me and emadden too?? Thanks FF.

-Jerry

Yeah, thanks FF... its the supports of ardent fans such as yourself that keep Jerry and I motivated :lol::D
    www.dotcycling.com