Calling SE London...

12346»

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    The landlord's name is Richard. he used to run a bar called Jam Circus in Crofton Park (up the road), which is also a good place. He remembered me because he used to read and write comments on a local Brockley/SE4 website that I also comment on and I arranged drinks at Jam Circus a few years ago and met him then. He must think I'm somen weirdo who lives his life online...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Oh yes...I'm planning on Saturday 2nd for the track induction if anyone fancies it
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Obie
    Obie Posts: 51
    Was a Lovely evening with good company. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Indeed thanks Richard for the grub. :D Thankfully I drank just enough beer to numb the pain of Blackheath Hill but managed it without falling over! :wink:

Hope to bump into some of you on the road one day.
    FCN 8.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Clever Pun wrote:
    track induction

Eh? Where? What'd I miss?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope
    And yes, good to see people yesterday.
    Royal Albert - nice pub, good food (Cafewanda, bigger effort required next time to finish your meal). When the landlord's Google flag picks this thread up then thanks for the hospitality and more free grub next time we have a meet never goes amiss :twisted:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Headhuunter
    dhope wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    track induction

Eh? Where? What'd I miss?

That'll be Herne Hill track....
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Oh yes...I'm planning on Saturday 2nd for the track induction if anyone fancies it

That's about the only Sat I have free in the next 2 months so works perfectly. I will probably be taking my daughter to try out the MTB thing at 10am so will be kicking around all morning.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Clever Pun wrote:

2 April? Sounds good - been meaning to give that a go. Do you know what time it kicks off? Any need to book?

Apologies for the no-show last night, got stuck at work (as usual!) but hopefully will be able to make it next time.
  • Clever Pun
    Herne Hill
    http://www.hernehillvelodrome.com/

Track induction 2nd April

http://www.hernehillvelodrome.com/whats-on/track-training#saturday

Arrive at 11 for an 11.30 start, I expect to stay for the basic riding after since I'm there..

Come along, bring legs
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Herne Hill

Arrive at 11 for an 11.30 start, I expect to stay for the basic riding after since I'm there..

Come along, bring legs

First come first served? Or need to book?
  • bigmat
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Herne Hill

Come along, bring legs

Excellent - I'm in. Is it too late to start my push for a place on the British Olympic track team? I reckon the omnium is still up for grabs...
  • Clever Pun
    BigMat wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Herne Hill

Come along, bring legs

Excellent - I'm in. Is it too late to start my push for a place on the British Olympic track team? I reckon the omnium is still up for grabs...

you mean perform half arsed in a number of rides?... yeah I think it's available

JZ I don't think there's booking, it's all in the 2nd link
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Fancy a crack at this - haven't ridden a track since the velodrome in Manchester opened and did taster sessions.
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    Sorry to miss the drinks, will be up for the herne hill induction though..
  • dhope
    Nice, think I'll try this...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • noodles71
    noodles71 Posts: 153
    Sorry to miss it guys.... The Mrs wanted to go running last night before I went to play cricket so I had to rush home to look after our 3yr old.... Hopefully next time though I can make it.
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    Obie wrote:
    Was a Lovely evening with good company. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Indeed thanks Richard for the grub. :D Thankfully I drank just enough beer to numb the pain of Blackheath Hill but managed it without falling over! :wink:

Hope to bump into some of you on the road one day.

Really enjoyed last night ... thanks guys was great to finally meet some likeminded people ! Feel a return to that pub at somepoint would be good...very bike friendly; Richard was top.
    Hopefully meet you all on the next meet...or in the morning if I get lost on the way to work lol.
  • bigmat
    So did anybody else get down there this morning? I was the prat who fell off :oops:

Good workout though, I stopped behind to watch a couple of the races at the end and I quite fancy a bit of that...
  • Butterd2
    BigMat wrote:
    So did anybody else get down there this morning? I was the prat who fell off :oops:

Good workout though, I stopped behind to watch a couple of the races at the end and I quite fancy a bit of that...

Yeah, I was the bloke you paired with who told you my daughter saw you fall off!

Agree it was good fun, I'm out of the country for the next 3 weekends but I will definitely be going back for some more.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • bigmat
    Aha - what are the odds?! Think I'll head back that at some point fairly soon, makes for a very convenient workout and a nice change from the usual club run.
  • Butterd2
    BigMat wrote:
    Aha - what are the odds?! Think I'll head back that at some point fairly soon, makes for a very convenient workout and a nice change from the usual club run.

Small world eh? I'll certainly be back in May, trouble is I found myself looking at track bikes on eBay last night, I can feel N+1 kicking in.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • Headhuunter
    Anyone up for another SE London drinks? It's been a few weeks or a month or so since the last one...
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Put me down for any drinks in May. This month's pennies have already been accounted for.

I'm an honorary SE Londoner if anyone's asking :P
  • Butterd2
    May sounds good, I'm in the US most of this month.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    +1 for May. + 1 with Cafewanda for reason why.
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    +2 for May and +2 for reasons!
  • Clever Pun
    Butterd2 wrote:
    BigMat wrote:

Yeah, I was the bloke you paired with who told you my daughter saw you fall off!

Agree it was good fun, I'm out of the country for the next 3 weekends but I will definitely be going back for some more.

I had to do a tweed run recce so couldn't make it...
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5