Calling SE London...

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    hatbeard wrote:
    that;s the badger...

The badger??? I thought it was the Royal Albert??? Just joking....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    hatbeard wrote:
    Cafewanda says she is in and CP confirms shortly thereafter and the internet rumour-mill goes into overdrive...

:P :)

We're family.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Cafewanda wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:
    Cafewanda says she is in and CP confirms shortly thereafter and the internet rumour-mill goes into overdrive...

:P :)

We're family.

You know I've never seen the two of them in the same room together. And if you notice that when CP removes his stick-on beard he bears a striking resemblance to Cafewanda...

Discounting race, gender and size
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Evil Laugh wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:
    To be fair though, no one in their right mind wants to go to rainham :lol:

/workedtherefor5andahalfmiserableyears

If you guys go to the Herne Tavern any time, as suggested earlier, I'm up for that. It's about 1/2 mile from me, run by a friend and there's loads of space out the back to safely stash bikes. Food's good too. 8)

I'd be up for a few in the Herne Tavern as it's just over the hill from me. Good beer and, as you say, stacks of room in the back. Evenings are better so the back garden's not stuffed to the gunwales with screaming local rug rats, though.
  • Headhuunter
    ketsbaia wrote:
    Evil Laugh wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:

If you guys go to the Herne Tavern any time, as suggested earlier, I'm up for that. It's about 1/2 mile from me, run by a friend and there's loads of space out the back to safely stash bikes. Food's good too. 8)

I'd be up for a few in the Herne Tavern as it's just over the hill from me. Good beer and, as you say, stacks of room in the back. Evenings are better so the back garden's not stuffed to the gunwales with screaming local rug rats, though.

Do we want to change the venue then? I'm easy.... The Herne isn't that far from where I live...
  • dhope
    ketsbaia wrote:
    Evil Laugh wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:

Do we want to change the venue then? I'm easy.... The Herne isn't that far from where I live...

Shh, stop causing trouble :lol:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    we can do a separate drinks at the herne another time. you'll just have to man up and come to deptford :P
    Hat + Beard
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Yeah. Another time at the Herne. Especially given I can't make it this Thursday. :\
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    noodles71 wrote:
    @turnerjohn.... It is a bloody nightmare for travelling from your direction at the moment since they shut the foot tunnel at Greenwich. Your only option if you don't want to use the riverboats is the STHSCR (TM) via Tower Bridge. The only shortcut then is the Rotherhithe which is not recommended without a gas mask.......

hi noodles thanks for the heads up ! had heard about the tunnel being closed but has thought that was ages ago ! Not like you can simply pop down Blackwall tunnel lol.
    DLR I thinks the easiest...see you there !
  • edb999
    edb999 Posts: 44
    Butterd2 wrote:
    This is my short route, 33 miles 2-2.5 hours:http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=208651
    Very similar to one of my litle routes :)
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en& ... 49939&z=12
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    EdB999 wrote:
    Butterd2 wrote:
    This is my short route, 33 miles 2-2.5 hours:http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=208651
    Very similar to one of my litle routes :)
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en& ... 49939&z=12

Yep, that;'s about the shortest route I can do and still feel like I got out into the country and have not been just commuting through London.

Went wrong once just after Bean and ended up on the A2(M), not fun!
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • Headhuunter
    turnerjohn wrote:
    noodles71 wrote:
    @turnerjohn.... It is a bloody nightmare for travelling from your direction at the moment since they shut the foot tunnel at Greenwich. Your only option if you don't want to use the riverboats is the STHSCR (TM) via Tower Bridge. The only shortcut then is the Rotherhithe which is not recommended without a gas mask.......

hi noodles thanks for the heads up ! had heard about the tunnel being closed but has thought that was ages ago ! Not like you can simply pop down Blackwall tunnel lol.

I think the DLR is funny about people taking bikes on trains... I may be wrong though...
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    turnerjohn wrote:
    noodles71 wrote:

I think the DLR is funny about people taking bikes on trains... I may be wrong though...

LOL - the conductors will get cross :D

(disclaimer - don't actually know...)
  • hatbeard
    yup no bikes on the dlr but he can ped it or I've heard tales that if you remove the front wheel and chuck your bike in a black sack it magically becomes 'luggage' and you can travel the dlr unimpeded. prob only a good idea if you have QR wheels though.
    Hat + Beard
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    yes I know...bit silly really isn't it ? saw them throw a kid off once ...he tried to blag his way out of it but they weren't having any of it !
    hatbeard; thats one idea I hadn't thought of !
    Will probably walk on Thursday...fingers crossed for nice weather B-)
  • Headhuunter
    Having said all that I'm sure I've taken my bike on the DLR before, I genuinely had no idea you wer enot allowed to take them on as normally on the rest of the Tube, it's only the deep level lines that ban bikes. No one said anything or stopped me....
  • hatbeard
    turnerjohn wrote:
    yes I know...bit silly really isn't it ? saw them throw a kid off once ...he tried to blag his way out of it but they weren't having any of it !
    hatbeard; thats one idea I hadn't thought of !
    Will probably walk on Thursday...fingers crossed for nice weather B-)

the pub is only a couple of hundred metres from the dlr (deptford bridge) so you'll be fine
    Hat + Beard
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Having said all that I'm sure I've taken my bike on the DLR before, I genuinely had no idea you wer enot allowed to take them on as normally on the rest of the Tube, it's only the deep level lines that ban bikes. No one said anything or stopped me....

Bikes aren't allowed on the DLR a friend with a larger folder(big wheel style) wasn't allowed on till she cried :lol: The chap said it wasn't really a folder, but he buckled when she blubbed
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Headhuunter
    Clever Pun wrote:

Bikes aren't allowed on the DLR a friend with a larger folder(big wheel style) wasn't allowed on till she cried :lol: The chap said it wasn't really a folder, but he buckled when she blubbed

I've taken my full size road bike on the Northern Line a couple of times and slipped through... I must blend into the background so no one notices!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Clever Pun wrote:

I've taken my full size road bike on the Northern Line a couple of times and slipped through... I must blend into the background so no one notices!

Is this your bike? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QikYL3bvc
  • Headhuunter
    notsoblue wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

Is this your bike? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QikYL3bvc

:lol: No, my bike actually moves...!
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Boo - had forgotten "giving up alcohol for lent" to support my g/f :roll:
  • hatbeard
    s'ok just drink fosters :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • hatbeard
    bump.

I'll be there but it may be a fleeting visit as I only have £20 to my name until next weds thanks to some untimely bills. :(
    Hat + Beard
  • dhope
    hatbeard wrote:
    bump.

I'll be there but it may be a fleeting visit as I only have £20 to my name until next weds thanks to some untimely bills. :(

I'll sub you a drink and you can have the light back that I borrowed a month or two ago.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Anyone got spare lockspace... forgot mine this morning?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    I'll be there - what's the railing/things to chain the bike to situation at this boozer by the way?
  • dhope
    I've got a relatively cheapy Kryptonite D-lock at work, or could swing by home and grab a heftier Abus thing. Either way, should be there around 7
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • HamishD wrote:
    I'll be there - what's the railing/things to chain the bike to situation at this boozer by the way?

There are railings around the raised ''garden'' in front.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 54.16,,0,5
  • hatbeard
    I'll bring my faghettaboudit chain with me from work. could do with the weight training.
    Hat + Beard