• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    10th? Count me in.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I may well join you - not too much of a detour on way home. Always up for long weekend rides as well, when I can find the time - I'll watch this space for details...
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    it'd be rude not to join you guys given I live closer to the pub than Hatbeard....what times kick off? HB - fancy walking me down there?

the likelihood is I'll just ride straight there from work.

Bring Tim along for security. He's met a few of us forumites before so he'll be fine. :)
    Hat + Beard
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    dhope wrote:
    Butterd2 wrote:
    Thurs would work for me, does someone have a map to the Prince Albert?

I think Google Maps have maps. If you look for the Prince Albert, in Deptford. You'll need to open up your Internets first though :twisted:

http://www.fancyapint.com/pubs/pub3419.php
    OK, Thu 10th OK for everyone?

Cheers, it's in the diary.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I like beer

10th is sketchy for me... might be able to squeeze one in (cue me getting home at 12 leathered)
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • hatbeard wrote:
    it'd be rude not to join you guys given I live closer to the pub than Hatbeard....what times kick off? HB - fancy walking me down there?

Bring Tim along for security. He's met a few of us forumites before so he'll be fine. :)

oh I'm more than happy walking through Deptford and New Cross on my own!! (D-lock in hand!) Tim may join us...he works late on Thursdays.
  • hatbeard wrote:
    ahh that's on my street that is (it's a long street). :lol:

Your street is like a personalised number plate. I bet you're disappointed that the A1 had already been taken. :wink:

I'm very tempted to join you, if I may, especially as the pub's practically in Deptford.
  • hatbeard wrote:

oh I'm more than happy walking through Deptford and New Cross on my own!! (D-lock in hand!) Tim may join us...he works late on Thursdays.

I can meet you by your development and you can protect me with with your D-lock as we run the Broadway gauntlet.
  • DM - you'd better join us....think you might be the closest BR member to the pub....unless anyone else puts in a claim!
  • hatbeard
    Everyone knows the A1 is played out, the A2 is where it's really at :lol:

you should definitely come along DM. I'd say it's firmly in deptford territory being only 100m or so away from the high street.
    Hat + Beard
  • hatbeard wrote:

I can meet you by your development and you can protect me with with your D-lock as we run the Broadway gauntlet.

thanks DM...probably safest if I just run to the pub, rather than one of us hang about on the corner of the big cross roads!! safety in numbers may be wise at the end of the night though when things are a little fuzzy :)

Questions:
    1. does the pub do food?
    2. what time are we meeting?
  • hatbeard
    I'll be there between 6.30 -> 6.45

it does food and from what I remember it's of the gastropub variety but I cannot comment on it's quality.
    Hat + Beard
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    edited March 2011
    I'm SE too and would be up for drinks.

There are nice pubs in Greenwich too though ;) along the river etc..
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Jesus, just realised that place is what used to be the Paradise Club in New Cross - an interesting venue. I'm sure its improved since the refurb...
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    Hey guys if you don't mind me crashing the venue I'd be up for a drink...not long been in London and not met up with any cyclists ! see you guys there :D . John
  • BigMat wrote:
    Jesus, just realised that place is what used to be the Paradise Club in New Cross - an interesting venue. I'm sure its improved since the refurb...

Yes, the pub's gone through a few reinventions but the current owners have done a good job on it - pretty good food, wide selection of beers and comfy saloon-style seating. In short, nothing like the Paradise Club!
  • hatbeard
    turnerjohn are you commuting yet? if so what's your route and what do you ride it on? there's a lot of us out and about during rush hour so odd's are you'll cross paths sooner or later (unless it's dhope as he never seems to see anyone :lol: )
    Hat + Beard
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Thurs is karate night so unless I bunk off, I wouldn't be there before 21:00 - what time do they do food 'til? Danger of crashing otherwise :?
  • hatbeard
    there's always LFC just down the road if you miss the kitchen at the pub (or the meateasy if you go in the opposite direction and queue from 6pm)
    Hat + Beard
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    hatbeard wrote:
    turnerjohn are you commuting yet? if so what's your route and what do you ride it on? there's a lot of us out and about during rush hour so odd's are you'll cross paths sooner or later (unless it's dhope as he never seems to see anyone :lol: )

hijack . . .

Well, I never see anyone off here: but that might be because I don't know what you all look like . . . does anyone go Old Kent Road way? I go from HG via Lewisham RAB and then Westminster Bridge before the schlep up to Park Royal.
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    HamishD wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:

hijack . . .

Well, I never see anyone off here: but that might be because I don't know what you all look like . . . does anyone go Old Kent Road way? I go from HG via Lewisham RAB and then Westminster Bridge before the schlep up to Park Royal.

I used to go along the OKR, but not since I moved. However, I'm almost certainly going to be returning to the OKR soon as the routes I've tried so far have been awful for commuting.

Don't you set off at some ungodly hour of the morning, though? That might be why you don't see anyone off here. :D
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Wow, I popped out to the gym for a while and this thread has taken on a life of its own! So Thu 10th at the Prince Albert in Deptford from 6.30pm? I won't be there til about 7ish but you lot can settle in somewhere! Hopefully some of you will be wearing cycling kit or I won't know who to talk to....

I ride on the OKR sometimes, that's my fast route into work, if I'm running late. If I want a slight detour I go through Surrey Quays and past Bermondsey Tube, or sometimes even up through Denmark Hill and round through E&C....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • hatbeard
    I take the STHSCR - Southern Thames Highways Scenic Coastal Route (tm hatbeard patent pending)

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4322250
    Hat + Beard
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    hatbeard wrote:
    I take the STHSCR - Southern Thames Highways Scenic Coastal Route (tm hatbeard patent pending)

That's pretty much the route I take when I go that way! I must have passed you before... :wink:
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard wrote:

That's pretty much the route I take when I go that way! I must have been passed by you before... :wink:

ftfy :wink:
    Hat + Beard
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    hatbeard wrote:

Scenic? Then you're going too slow 8) :D
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • hatbeard
    When you're not having to put in as much effort as some others you can still take time to sit back and admire your surroundings while all around you are decimated :P
    Hat + Beard
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    ketsbaia wrote:

Don't you set off at some ungodly hour of the morning, though? That might be why you don't see anyone off here. :D

Half seven ish - I find any later and the traffic is just too bad . . .
    Wow, I popped out to the gym for a while and this thread has taken on a life of its own! So Thu 10th at the Prince Albert in Deptford from 6.30pm? I won't be there til about 7ish but you lot can settle in somewhere! Hopefully some of you will be wearing cycling kit or I won't know who to talk to.....

Sounds good - ditto about sevenish. . .
  • Obie
    Obie Posts: 51
    Well seeing as I live not to far from there I would be up to meet a few fellow commuters. If you will have me along? Just a thought, but it is not the best place to leave/lock bikes up along that road. So bring heavy duty kit. ;)
    FCN 8.
  • hatbeard
    I'm sure if you buy this handsome chap a pint he'll point you in the direction of the cyclists...

imagefiz.jpg
    Hat + Beard