Calling SE London...

Comments

• Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    hatbeard wrote:
    I'll bring my faghettaboudit chain with me from work. could do with the weight training.

See you around 10ish then :D
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • With this wind there should be some good speeds on the Jamaica Road this evening :lol:
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    meh I've ridden with all 3 of my locks loads of times, piece of piss.
    Hat + Beard
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    hatbeard wrote:
    meh I've ridden with all 3 of my locks loads of times, piece of wee-wee.

Better weigh the 3 locks down with the pub bike to prevent someone stealing them ;)
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    combined the value of the locks does in-fact exceed the value of the bike :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    With this wind there should be some good speeds on the Jamaica Road this evening :lol:

my brakes was hampering progress this morning combined with the wind and really tired legs I was a mess, got away scalp intact though even though I was threatened by a competitive dad style hybrid nodder #shame
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Need to get some lights sorted out - all batteries are run out :? :roll:

Railings @ front are good, was thinking of coming on the Gary but might chance it on the Ghost...

Why is it that N type batteries aren't stocked in supermarkets?
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I always ride with 2 D locks, combined weight is at least 3 or 4 kg... Never had a bike nicked yet though!
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • pianoleo
    pianoleo Posts: 135
    @Pufftmw, I buy all my batteries from 7dayshop. 48 AAs, 48AAAs, 24 CR2032 (coin type for cycle computer etc.), all Panasonic branded, came in at £30. Good job they've got expiry dates of 5 years plus, as they'll probably last me that long :D
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    HamishD wrote:
    I'll be there - what's the railing/things to chain the bike to situation at this boozer by the way?

There are railings around the raised ''garden'' in front.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 54.16,,0,5

sorted - two d-locks it is . . .
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I may still drop by if I can get out of work at a reasonable time. I'm on the Iron Horse today, after doing some serious damage to my road bike on the way in this morning (picture on my Flickr page - if anyone can paste a link that'd be great, hampered by restricted net access here). Probably shouldn't have put quite that much power down up Anerley Hill...
  • BigMat wrote:
    I may still drop by if I can get out of work at a reasonable time. I'm on the Iron Horse today, after doing some serious damage to my road bike on the way in this morning (picture on my Flickr page - if anyone can paste a link that'd be great, hampered by restricted net access here). Probably shouldn't have put quite that much power down up Anerley Hill...

Breaking a bike going up Anerly Hill a better result that at 40mph going the other way...
  • frankieh
    frankieh Posts: 85
    I'll probably stop for one after work and say hello, so quite early but I don't have any locks or a change of clothes :?

Whos comming past dockhead at 6ish?
  • frankieh
    frankieh Posts: 85
    I'll probably stop for one after work and say hello, so quite early but I don't have any locks or a change of clothes :?

Whos comming past dockhead at 6ish?
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    So you guys couldn't have sorted out the locks yesterday? I now have 3 D-locks with me :roll: :)

@ Hatbeard - I've got a tenner, so maybe two softies and half a chip :)

I'm hoping to get there before 6pm. Attempting to commit route to memory over the next hour and a bit :)
  • Cafewanda wrote:
    So you guys couldn't have sorted out the locks yesterday? I now have 3 D-locks with me :roll: :)

I'm hoping to get there before 6pm. Attempting to commit route to memory over the next hour and a bit :)

I'm aiming for a 6pm arrival, call me if you get lost CW,

tooley st....follow it to rotherhithe roundabout - turn right - follow that til you pass Deptford then right onto Deptford High St - with the shops - down to the far end then turn right and the pub is only a short way up on your left.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I won't be there til at least 7... Hope you're all still there...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Cafewanda wrote:

I'm aiming for a 6pm arrival, call me if you get lost CW,

tooley st....follow it to rotherhithe roundabout - turn right - follow that til you pass Deptford then right onto Deptford High St - with the shops - down to the far end then turn right and the pub is only a short way up on your left.

Yup, keep going straight along the High Street - much of the traffic will bear left into Giffen Street - but you just continue straight on to the brick-surfaced road.
  • Butterd2

Me too. (7.00-7.30)
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • Clever Pun
    Butterd2 wrote:

Me too. (7.00-7.30)

If you don't look like this I'll be dissapointed

image_01.gif
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Butterd2
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Butterd2 wrote:

Me too. (7.00-7.30)

If you don't look like this I'll be dissapointed

image_01.gif

I fear you may be disappointed then :(

I will however be wearing the Jens Voigt t-shirt in your piccy.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • Clever Pun
    Butterd2 wrote:
    I will however be wearing the Jens Voigt t-shirt in your piccy.

Awesome... you must have tigers blood too then
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Hmm - it appears that I might have to call off & go home instead, miss karate too :(

Sorry!
  • Great to see people I've met before again, and to now be able to put a few more names and faces to screen names.

Spooky though that the landlord/manager knew that there was a meeting planned via some kind of Google early warning system. And it turned out that the manager recognised HH's screen name from another place and context. So when unordered food arrived at the table we had to check that it was for us - and it was, compliments of the manager!

Which was all a bit like turning up at a hotel without a reservation and finding they were expecting you and had put a room aside for you anyway. Nice but spooky.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    edited March 2011
    Very lovely evening. Made it home in good time, although my stomach and my legs had a major disagreement and my legs had to concede this time round :roll:

Finally I can pootle for more than a few yards only if stuffed with food :wink:

ETA: Thanks Richardthelandlord for the complimentary grub. Great, but welcome surprise.

PS: What's with the wind? No matter how many corners I turned it was in my face :(
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I really don't like locking my bike up out of sight, but at least with such an old and maltreated frame I don't worry about cosmetic damage, just general not being thereness.

It was good putting faces to names, avatars, posts etc.
    As DM said, the landlord expecting us was nice but spooky. I get the feeling that he (we should have got his name) may be trying to make the pub known as being bike friendly. Not a bad thing at all and I don't think it will be the last time I drink there.

Good news all, my bike was still locked at the train station I left it at!
    A -1 to the jobsworth at Dalston Junction Overground station who wouldn't let me take my bike onto the train. No showing off my new steed for me.

I didn't say TTFN to Cyclopsbiker. I wish you all the best in your new life.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I didn't say TTFN to Cyclopsbiker. I wish you all the best in your new life.

yeah, sorry we left early...thanks EKE, I tried to get your attention but you'd sunk into the sofa and was deeeeep in conversation. we're gonna try and find a date for another session before we leave which should in theory involve a few of Greenwich's finest hills. will consult the diary later. great seeing folks, thanks for making the effort, especially the honorary SELondoners :)
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    Gah! Sorry I didn't make it - got caught up in late meeting at work.

Hope to make the next one . . .
  • Clever Pun
    I'd like to say thanks to the landlord of the Royal Albert (*dingdingding*) for the free food, very nice it was too, if it was a ploy to get us back, it might well have worked

good meeting people again and for the first time, sorry I didn't have time to stick around for too long but I had a headwind to attack.
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Butterd2
    That was a good evening, nice to meet you all and chapeau to HH for getting it all together, although I suspect he gets a backhander from the Landlord for bring us all to his pub. :D

Hope you all got home ok, I was nearly wiped out not 100 yards up the road!

Next step, get a Sunday ride sorted. Also another plan for me this spring is to go to the track at Herne Hill and do my induction training one Saturday lunchtime.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols