Tour of QATAR **Spoilers**

Comments

• Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    Getty
    Offredo. Cool photo, check the road rash.
    9995695000e563323eb11950fc5c3cea-getty-cycling-qat-tour.jpg

Came off hitting a pothole while doing 90km/h behind a truck apparently, lucky to come away with just the rash tbh.
  • Not sure if it has been mentioned but Boonen lost his jersey due to a puncture.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    edited February 2011
    Not sure if it has been mentioned but Boonen lost his jersey due to a puncture.

He seems to get quite a few untimley punctures.

As my girlfriend said.

"He's always got a rubbish excuse!!! I can turn up to a bike race and not win"
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Cav took his turns for a while then Garmin/Cervelo decided that it was time to get rid of some opposition for the sprint. They went on the front in the opposite gutter to the wind and he presto there were boys out the back including Cav. Smart riding but not rocket science and Hammond was awesome, the fella doesn’t get enough praise and he is such a nice guy too. :lol:
    Have to agree with a previous threader that this is one totally awful venue for watching bike racing even some of the roads yesterday looked like they belonged in some third world country not some oil rich peninsular. Wiggo smashed a wheel down one of the numerous gapping cracks in the surface. :cry:

Land Yachting, Kite Surfing , Wind Surfing, Camel Racing maybe, cycling? I ask you would you book a weeks cycling holiday here and take in the classic stages and what about the land mark features. One might assume the holiday photos might get a bit similar. :shock:

Can you imagine next year they have some unusual weather and it’s not windy :idea:

Also why is the filming going into the finish so bloody amateur? We have some muppet filming a head on sprint from under some nerds armpit. In the Tour of the Algarve they use a vehicle with a personnel cage, similar to the ones used to service street lights etc and they put a camera man in it then hoist it above crowd and bingo.. no obscured pictures. :wink:
  • Velonation
    "FDJ rider Yoann Offredo is uncertain for the Tour of Qatar after what could have been a disastrous accident while training. The 24 year old rider was travelling at 90km/h behind a truck when he crashed, blacking out.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7330/ ... z1DYNH5sCO"
  • Ron Stuart wrote:
    Hammond was awesome, the fella doesn’t get enough praise and he is such a nice guy too. :lol:
    did you see him on TV about the self inflicted blood doping? ...

"he's and idiot, we all know he's an idiot, he has always been an idiot" ......
    not some oil rich peninsular.

Gas, gas,gas in Qatar!
  • Mad Roadie wrote:
    Velonation
    "FDJ rider Yoann Offredo is uncertain for the Tour of Qatar after what could have been a disastrous accident while training. The 24 year old rider was travelling at 90km/h behind a truck when he crashed, blacking out.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7330/ ... z1DYNH5sCO"

That article is from Saturday. He finished in the front group yesterday so assume he's fully recovered.
  • cant see this ending in anything but a sprint finish again - but Highroad seem absent??
  • 12k to go and "all together now"
  • Sky an impressive machine, but all that work just to get eaten in the sprint? - its split the pack into 2
  • Go Wiggo - head down for home with 4kms to go
  • ace - Renshaw - but did he sit up too early and lose it?
    nope Renshaw by a length - nice!!
  • Renshaw takes the win, and the bonus to take the overall GC lead by 6'
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Ooh good win for Renshaw that....where did Haussler finish? Cant get eurosport player working at work :(
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Tom BB wrote:
    Ooh good win for Renshaw that....where did Haussler finish? Cant get eurosport player working at work :(

4th. Renshaw now has the lead by six seconds.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Neil McC
    Tom BB wrote:

I think he was 4th

edit : http://twitpic.com/3ya17e
  • ace - all that talk about, forever the bridesmaid.... - what chance he can hold it through tomorrow? He deserves it, but it should make the intermediate sprints worth contesting.
  • rick_chasey
    Mad Roadie wrote:
    ace - all that talk about, forever the bridesmaid.... - what chance he can hold it through tomorrow? He deserves it, but it should make the intermediate sprints worth contesting.

Take it you're a Renshaw fan?

*tut tut*
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Mad Roadie wrote:
    Ron Stuart wrote:
    Hammond was awesome, the fella doesn’t get enough praise and he is such a nice guy too. :lol:

Gas, gas,gas in Qatar!

Have you met Roger Hammond? I have and found him a nice fella.... alright?

Qatar is a member of (OPEC) a member of the Organization of the Oil Exporting Countries and is a significant oil producer. In recent years it has concentrated more on Natural Gas fields to sustain it's current development particularly the North Field, however it's initial rise in world wide terms has been sponsored via it's oil fields but currently the Gas, gas, gas in Qatar has taken a more leading roll in Qatar’s GDP….. alright?
    . :roll:
  • rick_chasey
    Ron Stuart wrote:
    Mad Roadie wrote:
    Ron Stuart wrote:

Gas, gas,gas in Qatar!

Qatar is a member of (OPEC) a member of the Organization of the Oil Exporting Countries and is a significant oil producer. In recent years it has concentrated more on Natural Gas fields to sustain it's current development particularly the North Field, however it's initial rise in world wide terms has been sponsored via it's oil fields but currently the Gas, gas, gas in Qatar has taken a more leading roll in Qatar’s GDP….. alright?
    . :roll:

Just refer to it as hydrocarbon and petrochemical rich.
  • Ron Stuart wrote:
    Mad Roadie wrote:
    Ron Stuart wrote:

Gas, gas,gas in Qatar!

RS - I was quoting what Roger H was saying about Ricco - not in any way implying he was an idiot - in fact 'd agree with you about 'nice fella' and I will see him next week in Oman. Maybe if I was more PC savy I could have patched in the link to the TV clip,( but I am not) and the misinterpreation wouldnt have happened.
  • Getty
    aa34ba00766c6407762f1e573dbc3d50-getty-cycling-qat-tour.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Getty
    aa34ba00766c6407762f1e573dbc3d50-getty-cycling-qat-tour.jpg

CAV-HAUSSLER-CIOLEK-CRASH-610x350.jpg

Does Flecha have the same face at the end of every race?
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Mad Roadie wrote:
    ace - all that talk about, forever the bridesmaid.... - what chance he can hold it through tomorrow? He deserves it, but it should make the intermediate sprints worth contesting.

Absolutely thrilled to be proved wrong.
    Go Mark Go...
  • Neil McC
    Edit. nvm , end of a long week.
  • Guardini takes Stage 5.

After totally cleaning up in Tour of Langkawi, they were touting him as the next killer sprinter. They said though that the opposition wasn't top dollar. This result is looking very good.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462
    You can only beat those put in front of you.

For a neo-pro he's looking like a very exciting prospect, much more than Viviani.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Good stuff Renshaw, really pleased for him and a great win for Guardini too!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    mroli wrote:
    Question - does Hunt's 6th place overall get any World's points?

No
    Twitter: @RichN95