Tour of QATAR **Spoilers**

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,796
    Getty
    7814865f494fb7b641dcbdc9a5799a31-getty-cycling-_qat-tour-gbr-downing-camel.jpg

conscripted into the Egyptian counter revolutionary cavalry...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    calvjones wrote:
    calvjones wrote:
    Will Bennati ever win anything worthwhile again?

A few Giro stages no doubt.

Dunno really. Would like to agree but he looks pretty slow post-injuries.

It was tendonitus wasn't it?
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Enjoyed the fact that Hausler was so busy whinging he appeared not to notice he'd won.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    prawny wrote:
    Enjoyed the fact that Hausler was so busy whinging he appeared not to notice he'd won.

hausler whinging? never?!
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • That pic shows just how bad the current black / blue / white kit trend is. Sky? Leopard? Cervelo? Who knows.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    gsk82 wrote:
    prawny wrote:

hausler whinging? never?!

He's only really started whinging since he became an Aussie again. He didn't grumble much when he was a German. Maybe it's part of the Australian citizenship test.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Cancellara :shock:

"Wind…wind…wind…from the front, side, back…I beat my record on the flat today 81.5 km/h. Happy I was in the front group."
    Contador is the Greatest
  • shmo
    shmo Posts: 321
    Any news on Visconti? Was riding well in the break yesterday and took a surprise fall going over a stone or catseye or something. Couldn't tell whether he was over that side of the road to look back at the bunch, or to cast a few death glares in the direction of Niko Eeckhout who wasn't contributing at the front. Either way, bet he felt a bit cheesed off afterwards.
  • rick_chasey
    Shmo wrote:
    Any news on Visconti? Was riding well in the break yesterday and took a surprise fall going over a stone or catseye or something. Couldn't tell whether he was over that side of the road to look back at the bunch, or to cast a few death glares in the direction of Niko Eeckhout who wasn't contributing at the front. Either way, bet he felt a bit cheesed off afterwards.

No idea but he should have stayed at QS years ago.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    how dull is today's course - !!!! ? there is notihing of any note south of Doha in this area - 3 boring laps, the highlight of which is the flightpath into Doha airport.
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Big splits in the field.......Haussler is in the lead group with Bennati, Steegmans, Hammond, Cav, Renshaw, Eisel, all named by Harmon....lots of others too

Group 2 is 47 seconds back, with Boonen in there, and Wiggo too....couple of Quick Step guys with Boonen.

Very Windy and 30 ish km to go
  • Tom BB
    Stannard in the front group
  • Tom BB
    Boonen group have given up for the day.....almost 2 minutes down.

We could get Cav leading Renshaw out here as a stage win would see Renshaw lead overall.

EDIT: Ooh Cav off the back....he may have had a mechnical though
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Cav dropped from the lead group - last 4 km

Haussler, Renshaw, Hondo, Steegmans, ???
  • Tom BB
    Astana rider Simon Clarke attacks off the front....4 km to go
  • FJS
    5 Rabo's in there, but no sprinter... Boom for the last km?
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Not watching it but i'd say Haussler, narrowly followed by Renshaw.

Cav is just there for the miles it seems. I'd be worried if he was firing on all cyclinders this early, considering the targets he has this year.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • FJS
    haussler
  • FJS
    spot on
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    FJS wrote:
    spot on

I am a genius...shame there's no PTP points for this one!!!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Tom BB
    Haussler wins stage and takes leaders jersey, Renshaw second, Bennati third
  • Tom BB
    Boonen rolls in three minutes down....Wiggins and Downing were amongst the 20 or so that came in with him
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Cav is just there for the miles it seems. I'd be worried if he was firing on all cyclinders this early, considering the targets he has this year.

M-SR is only 5 weeks away this weekend. Plus Boonen, Haussler etc would have similar targets to Cav for this Spring and they 're not exactly hanging around. Miore likely to the after effects of his pavement surfing on Sunday.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Getty
    c62e1b2dcf69603a9cfc5b565b869322-getty-cycling-qat-tour.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LangerDan wrote:

M-SR is only 5 weeks away this weekend. Plus Boonen, Haussler etc would have similar targets to Cav for this Spring and they 're not exactly hanging around. Miore likely to the after effects of his pavement surfing on Sunday.

According to cyclingnews Cav was working on the front today. Didnt see it myself so no idea how much he did. Suppose this race may be Renshaw's last chance to not be working for someone else?
  • Getty
    Offredo. Cool photo, check the road rash.
    9995695000e563323eb11950fc5c3cea-getty-cycling-qat-tour.jpg
    79631e0678abe65f602b59e0d718d2c5-getty-cycling-qat-tour.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Feel sorry for Renshaw though. He's so close, and yet..............even when the bride goes awol, he's still the bridesmaid.
  • rick_chasey
    LangerDan wrote:

According to cyclingnews Cav was working on the front today. Didnt see it myself so no idea how much he did. Suppose this race may be Renshaw's last chance to not be working for someone else?

Didn't seem like it to me. Just looked like he was taking his turn in the echelons. Is easier to do than hanging your ass out of the back of the echelon.
  • Didn't seem like it to me. Just looked like he was taking his turn in the echelons. Is easier to do than hanging [your ass] out of the back of the echelon.

[Keys]Did he smash it?[/Keys]