our fellow cyclist, SO STUCK UP

1234568»

Comments

• Interesting posts Mr. Jamie Dodger, but I was thinking of a camper van for the various trips I take to Pro bike races around European and wondered if any of the members of the CiC had any experience of this company?

http://www.wickedcampers.co.uk/

And when I park this up at the camp site on Alpe d'Huez in July, what section should I be in? Is there a separate area for probationary members in camper vans? Does the Caravanner-in-Command produce some sort of site plan?

I was not going to post any further on this thread, given all the prejudice and abuse shown towards 'vanners.

However to answer your question, if the campsite is under the direction of a CiC, then your arrival will be noticed and you will be directed to an area of the site in which you can cause no trouble. Amongst Club members, this area is referred to as "the Bronx".

Rest assured, all Able Caravanners have experienced your type before and know how to deal with you. They are aware of your degenerate lifestyle, all 6-packs of Magners and Ditzy Rascal blaring out, most likely followed by keys in the fruit bowl afterwards. Any CiC worth his salt knows what measures to put in place.
  • bam49
    bam49 Posts: 159
    The-beast wrote:
    mattshrops wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Can I get a Caravan Club cycling jersey? It would make perfect sense when I'm holding up a bunch of increasingly angry motorists on narrow country lanes.
    /quote]

Have you earned it? :roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    +1 priceless , great thread this has turned into , I was away for a day and came back to caravans & probationers :)
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Interesting posts Mr. Jamie Dodger, but I was thinking of a camper van for the various trips I take to Pro bike races around European and wondered if any of the members of the CiC had any experience of this company?

And when I park this up at the camp site on Alpe d'Huez in July, what section should I be in? Is there a separate area for probationary members in camper vans? Does the Caravanner-in-Command produce some sort of site plan?

I was not going to post any further on this thread, given all the prejudice and abuse shown towards 'vanners.

However to answer your question, if the campsite is under the direction of a CiC, then your arrival will be noticed and you will be directed to an area of the site in which you can cause no trouble. Amongst Club members, this area is referred to as "the Bronx".

Rest assured, all Able Caravanners have experienced your type before and know how to deal with you. They are aware of your degenerate lifestyle, all 6-packs of Magners and Ditzy Rascal blaring out, most likely followed by keys in the fruit bowl afterwards. Any CiC worth his salt knows what measures to put in place.

PMSL. :lol::lol:

You don't own a caravan do you neither are you a member of any caravan club :roll: ?
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    do able caravaners patch/repair punctures or should they always replace with new. A blowout during a speed wobble would be horendous, leather gloves or not :!:
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Jamie, what are the regs regarding chemical toilet emptying?

Should it be the man or the lady performing the task?

Should it be attended to during hours when other caravanners are likely to be eating?

Should you offer to take another vanners container at the same time, or is that an unwelcome threat of intrusion?

So may aspects for the unwary to learn....
  • Interesting posts Mr. Jamie Dodger, but I was thinking of a camper van for the various trips I take to Pro bike races around European and wondered if any of the members of the CiC had any experience of this company?

Presumably, being abroad, the idea is to form a defensive circle.
  • Can you get caravans made from Carbon? Do Italians make caravans? Are they hand made or farmed out to a factory in Taiwan? Does the n+1 formula work for caravans?
  • Right, I'm going to nip this one in the bud!

The only possible correct answer to the question no one has asked yet is, self-evidently, Campergnolo
  • The-beast
    The-beast Posts: 140
    Interesting posts Mr. Jamie Dodger, but I was thinking of a camper van for the various trips I take to Pro bike races around European and wondered if any of the members of the CiC had any experience of this company?

jamie you truley are a funny guy, we ride round the lancs area, mainly round the trough, next time ur caravaning in the area get your self out for a ride with us, you are entertaining :lol:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,201
    Great post by JamieDodger and some excellent replies - shame so many people felt a rush of air as the sarcasm went over their heads but there you go! :lol:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,201
    Great post by JamieDodger and some excellent replies - shame so many people felt a rush of air as the sarcasm went over their heads but there you go! :lol:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Don't worry OP, it happens to the Pro riders too apparently.

http://www.irishprocycling.com/news/bra ... -big-time#

Brammeier rode an incredibly tactical race during the national championships in Sligo escaping in the decisive break of the day before seeing off defending champion Nicolas Roche (AG2R La Mondiale) in a two-man sprint for the line.

“It was awesome to win the national jersey and to beat riders of that quality. Wearing the jersey means a lot to me and it meant a lot to the team. When I came back to Belgium they said I couldn’t wear it because they thought I was the amateur champion but I was delighted to let them know that I was the pro champion and that I could wear the jersey,” he said."
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/r ... pril-29243

Hope this re-starts the comments, missin the dissin :lol:
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I take back everything I said about wear GB kit - now that it's going on sale to the general public. 8)
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996

Is that the sound of key boards and humble pie eating I hear?..........

Dear British Cycling,

This is a bloody outrage! Blah, blah, blah, blah.....................................

Yours,

Miffed of Bikeradar.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Pokerface
    It sounds like it will be similar to the racing kit, but not exactly the same. So - designed to be worn by the public, but different from the team kit (which still should be earned) :twisted:
  • Aggieboy
    Pokerface wrote:
    It sounds like it will be similar to the racing kit, but not exactly the same. So - designed to be worn by the public, but different from the team kit (which still should be earned) :twisted:

Sorry.................... :wink:

It's advertised as 'replica' not 'similar' and 'The kit will apparently "be designed using team specification, technology and styling'.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Aggieboy
    Pokerface wrote:

It's advertised as 'replica' not 'similar' and 'The kit will apparently "be designed using team specification, technology and styling'.
  • Pokerface
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Yeah - I just figure if it needs to be 'designed' again - then there must be some changes from the real stuff. Otherwise it would be 'produced', etc.
  • Aggieboy
    Pokerface wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Yeah - I just figure if it needs to be 'designed' again - then there must be some changes from the real stuff. Otherwise it would be 'produced', etc.

Dear Advertising Standards Authority,.................
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Pokerface wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

See if you can finish this well known phrase- " when you're in a hole stop.... " :lol:
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • A range of official GB Cycling Team replica clothing made by Adidas will go on sale in April. There'll be short- and long-sleeved jerseys, a gilet, bib shorts, gloves, socks and a cotton cap, plus a children's jersey.

It will be abundantly clear any child sporting the jersey did NOT earn it. The calamity! I hope anyone that sees a child wearing the jersey makes a point to politely let them know to stop wearing it, as they have not earned it. That'll teach them!

:roll:
  • mattshrops wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

See if you can finish this well known phrase- " when you're in a hole stop.... " :lol:

So anyone in a full length zip jersey or a skin suit had better have earned it. :)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Bon_Jovi wrote:
    A range of official GB Cycling Team replica clothing made by Adidas will go on sale in April. There'll be short- and long-sleeved jerseys, a gilet, bib shorts, gloves, socks and a cotton cap, plus a children's jersey.

It will be abundantly clear any child sporting the jersey did NOT earn it. The calamity! I hope anyone that sees a child wearing the jersey makes a point to politely let them know to stop wearing it, as they have not earned it. That'll teach them!

:roll:

I refuse your post on the grounds that you have chosen the username "Bon_Jovi".

Enough said. :P