First date on Friday

12346»

Comments

• gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    invincible wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Having said that, at least two of my brothers (in their single days) used to recommend having a 'backup' just in case things didn't work out.

only do this though if there is no possible chance they know each other, even if they live in different cities the consequences of them having a mutual friend isnt pretty :oops:

Or that there is no chance you can run into the spare whilst in the company of the other: it isn't pretty if that happens
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Cheryl I could cope with, but "Common as muck" spice - Blurgh!

I could almost cope if they were style icons, but they say that when they mean 'lifestyle icons'......

You're right, its not going to work!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited October 2010
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I don't think I'm really feeling her.

Talk of Victoria Beckham and Cheryl Cole being "style icons" and "great singers" just ain't doing it for me.
    Pity, because she is fit as.

"Coca Cola bokkle shape
    Ah it ah run de place"

What to do?

Should have followed through with the girl I met on the way home!

I would probably spend the duration of the relationship, making her understand that she is, in fact, wrong.

Still by the third date you may realise certain qualities that make you overlook those misconceptions. In fact the misconception may be something you grow to love...

I'm sure there is at least one thing about our partners that we don't fully understand, get or simply don't like but have learned to love 'it' nonetheless.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • You can't expect to find a person who thinks about the world in exactly the same way as you. It's unrealistic. And if her liking for Victoria Beckham and Cheryl Cole is the only downside so far, stick with it.
  • pianoleo
    pianoleo Posts: 135
    I did recently *not* ask a girl out on account of her Lady Gaga addiction....
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,181
    You can't expect to find a person who thinks about the world in exactly the same way as you. It's unrealistic. And if her liking for Victoria Beckham and Cheryl Cole is the only downside so far, stick with it.
    Yep it's not that bad. I like Cheryl Cole but probably in a different way from her :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    gbsahne wrote:
    invincible wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Having said that, at least two of my brothers (in their single days) used to recommend having a 'backup' just in case things didn't work out.

only do this though if there is no possible chance they know each other, even if they live in different cities the consequences of them having a mutual friend isnt pretty :oops:

Or that there is no chance you can run into the spare whilst in the company of the other: it isn't pretty if that happens

:shock: :lol::lol::lol:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    You can't expect to find a person who thinks about the world in exactly the same way as you. It's unrealistic. And if her liking for Victoria Beckham and Cheryl Cole is the only downside so far, stick with it.

Indeed my and Mrs RJS's musical tastes overlap only at the edges, and we both have music that we can only listen to with headphones. There are lots of other examples, but none of them have been a problem.

BTW, Victoria Beckham is actually starting to make a bit of a name for herself in fashion design, despite not having any design training. Her latest catwalk shows were well received, and her commentaies on the collections were convincing enough to dispel rumours that they weren't her designs. (I chanced upon an article in the paper the other day - I'm not a follower)
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493

in my experience, only one issue is insurmountable.......

....they read the Daily Mail.
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    I went out with a lady about a year ago, who was quite a lot younger than I. She was fit and lively and a lovely person etc and we seemed to get on really well. The only problem was that I didn't dress in a style that she liked (or indeed any style) so she was determined to change me. Now I didn't mind too much about the need to update my wardrobe, well overdue, but it was when she sent me an email with a load of pictures from internet shopping sites with comentaries (I like that, thats nice, good trousers etc) that I decided that we had a problem but it was only when she refused to see me until I had completely changed my wardrobe that I decided enough was enough. I think someone in their 40s trying to look like Shoreditch Man might have been too much...
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yep it's not that bad. I like Cheryl Cole but probably in a different way from her :P

unless she does like her in that way :wink:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    rjsterry wrote:

BTW, Victoria Beckham is actually starting to make a bit of a name for herself in fashion design, despite not having any design training. Her latest catwalk shows were well received, and her commentaies on the collections were convincing enough to dispel rumours that they weren't her designs...

Yes, I lost that argument as with the Missus as well....

:lol::lol::lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game