Sac Wax

Comments

• prawny wrote:
    You lot are all poofs, the only way to properly remove hair is with a can on lynx and a zippo. Mmm smooth.

My barber does something similar with ear-hair.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    itboffin wrote:
    Post veet

4950975757_058b57ac9f.jpg

Dude there was no need for that :shock:

Mine are getting a second going over tonight, I seem to grow stubble faster on my legs than my chin :shock: I'll have to see what the ex left behind that'll make my legs tingle....................on second thoughts maybe that's not such a good idea!
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,336
    What next? Thread to tell everyone what skin complaints you have? Silly Commuting Scabs?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    rjsterry wrote:
    What next? Thread to tell everyone what skin complaints you have? Silly Commuting Scabs?
    Dude, don't give people ideas! ;)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Men shouldn't buy things from body shop for themselves.

It sends exactly the same message as being male and riding Campag Athena, which is exactly the same as being male and driving a convertable Vauxhall Tigra, which is exactly the same being male and wearing skinny jeans.

It's just not cricket.

I just had to post the quote from the previous page below

DonDaddyD wrote:
    As a man that has moisturised everyday since birth:

The right cream depends on your skin type. If you have dry skin the none oil based baby lotion won't do anything.

Example:

I have a oily face, after I use facial wash (Tea Tree oil) I use baby lotion for my face to moisturise, not add more oil to it and thus the production of spots thorugh traped/blocked pores. I have don't have an oily (naturally sweaty) body so I use baby oil for that and cocoa butter or vaseline for my feet (foot bottom ~ for Cafewanda's benefit).

If your rash is more ala razor bumbs then perhaps using a bumpstopper type cream. There are shops in deepest darkest Brixton, Croydon, Streatham, Shepards Bush etc that can help.

That said I'd probably bath (using Tea Tree Oil or something equally natural) making sure the skin was devoid of all oil, grime, dirt, sweat and use either Vaseline, Astral or baby oil should E45 not work.

However, if the rash isn't just skin irritation then the application of more oil may:

i: Block the pores creating spots and irritate the skin further (stopping it from breathing etc - which something as thick as E45 does).
    ii: Prevent new hair from growing straight, making them curl inwards and back into the skin thus creating razor bumps.

If it is skin irritation baby lotion might work but your skin may also need help producing natural oils cocoa butter may do the trick. But the solution really may come down to you knowing your body and what works for it.

(I just like to cream - moisturise - my skin).
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    prawny wrote:
    You lot are all poofs, the only way to properly remove hair is with a can on lynx and a zippo. Mmm smooth.

My barber does something similar with ear-hair.

Scared the crap out of me the first time - not just on ear hair, but fine, downy hair on my cheeks to.....
  • PBo
    itboffin wrote:
    Post veet

4950975757_058b57ac9f.jpg
    Hmmm, just red and angry.

No juicy white heads, under pressure, that'll explode and hit you in the eye, or splatter the mirror.......

FAIL

What? Just me then.....? :oops:
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I don't know what you've been doing ITB, my second go went off without incident, save for a few areas of accidental overun, and no nasty rashes! The gillette aftershave moisturiser seems to have done it's job, even if it is missing the tingling ngale was on about. I need to get hold of some of that stuf.
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Rich, cough cough!

4967300536_ee45bf1eea_z.jpg
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    itboffin wrote:
    Rich, cough cough!

4967300536_ee45bf1eea_z.jpg

You and Rich on a waxing date eh?!
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • NGale
  • itboffin
    TMI ALERT - NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK OR CHILDREN, LOOK AWAY NOW

So i'm told that when waxing the crack this is performed with the victim on all fours head down and parted, if you get what I mean :shock:

DDD can you confirm ...?

:lol:

no wait ... :?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rjsterry
    Just when you think this thread can't get any worse/better, a new nadir is reached.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• NGale
    Just don't look at the page for the mens brazillian waxing then :shock: :shock:

as for the womens 'hollywood' waxing :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    itboffin wrote:

So i'm told that when waxing the crack this is performed with the victim on all fours head down and parted, if you get what I mean :shock:

DDD can you confirm ...?

Its more a self service job IMO, one leg up like a flamingo and lean to one side. However, what works for the individual is a very private moment and position between you and yourself. You may find out that you like absailing back there.

Enjoy the war against Klingons and cleaner underwear/cycle shorts. Whoever does the laundry will love you more.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    NGale wrote:
    Just don't look at the page for the mens brazillian waxing then :shock: :shock:

as for the womens 'hollywood' waxing :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: Don't worry, as the son of two veterinary surgeons, I've seen far worse than this, and my parents lunchtime conversations would put most people off their food (Mrs RJS is just about used to it now after 14 years). I just keep it all to myself is all
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I'm not sure I'll see the word 'absailing' in the same light again :lol::lol:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'm adding my name to the shorn flock as I did the deed on sunday and the only problem was running out of veet and having to use it sparingly on my legs which left some hair but not a lot. Monday in work was a different matter however, for the contracty I was working on I had to wear full length trousers for the first time in 2 months, very odd on shaven legs even though I've done it before. More veeting later for me. No spots/rashes etc unlike others :)
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    redvee wrote:
    I'm adding my name to the shorn flock as I did the deed on sunday and the only problem was running out of veet and having to use it sparingly on my legs which left some hair but not a lot. Monday in work was a different matter however, for the contracty I was working on I had to wear full length trousers for the first time in 2 months, very odd on shaven legs even though I've done it before. More veeting later for me. No spots/rashes etc unlike others :)

Welcome to the club :wink:
  • NGale
    itboffin wrote:
    redvee wrote:

Welcome to the club :wink:

Jake is in the club at the moment as well, he had his leg waxing on saturday in readiness for his ride out on Sunday.

He has surprisingly smooth legs...it's quite disturbing and reminds me I really need to get mine done :shock:
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    All so very wrong.

I may grow a beard again in a vain attempt to redress the hairiness balance.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • NGale
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    All so very wrong.

I may grow a beard again in a vain attempt to redress the hairiness balance.

He's sporting a beard at the moment, I guess he's trying to redress some weird balance at the moment :lol:
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Was it just the sack or did the gooch get any action?!
  • Yeah, much as I prefer men without an Austin Powers chest wig, all the hairless legs are a bit weird. And the rest... well. Less said the better.
  • itboffin
    Yeah, much as I prefer men without an Austin Powers chest wig, all the hairless legs are a bit weird. And the rest... well. Less said the better.

• itboffin
    Okay I've got to ask, so 'real' ladies is it a bit of a shock if you discover that the new man in your life is going with the Telly Savalas look downstairs :shock:

I'm pretty sure I speak for ALL men when I say we REALLY like that look on the laydees :roll:

There i've said it, over to you DDD / Greg T

:P
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    ...all the hairless legs are a bit weird. And the rest... well. Less said the better.

LiT, these hairless legs do nothing for you then? and if he were to disorbe and the totally hairless under his trousers you'd kick him out? :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • PBo
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

DDD can you confirm ...?

Its more a self service job IMO, one leg up like a flamingo and lean to one side. However, what works for the individual is a very private moment and position between you and yourself. You may find out that you like absailing back there.

Enjoy the war against Klingons and cleaner underwear/cycle shorts. Whoever does the laundry will love you more.

Hmmmm - isn't this KB's major issue with going commando? Hey KB - solution for you, so you can join the liberated non-undie wearers!!!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited September 2010
    itboffin wrote:
    Okay I've got to ask, so 'real' ladies is it a bit of a shock if you discover that the new man in your life is going with the Telly Savalas look downstairs :shock:

I'm pretty sure I speak for ALL men when I say we REALLY like that look on the laydees :roll:

I would have voted for Bush...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • PBo
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

I would have voted for bush...

Hollywood is a bit paedo I think....