Sac Wax

Comments

• MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    NGale wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    ITB: Jake says to avoid the stubble rash you 'have to man up and get waxed or you'll be veeting or shaving every other day' :lol:

Whats wrong with the man himself's fingers... or have you broken them after realising he'd knicked all your shaving gear? :D

:lol:

No not quite, he has his head stuck in the books today, he has his Naval Architecture exams next week and his AIB for promotion the first week of october so he's in revision mode at the moment

Well please pass on crossed fingers and good luck for them!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    NGale wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    ITB: Jake says to avoid the stubble rash you 'have to man up and get waxed or you'll be veeting or shaving every other day' :lol:

Whats wrong with the man himself's fingers... or have you broken them after realising he'd knicked all your shaving gear? :D

No not quite, he has his head stuck in the books today, he has his Naval Architecture exams next week and his AIB for promotion the first week of october so he's in revision mode at the moment

Well please pass on crossed fingers and good luck for them!

I will once he surfaces from his office. At the moment he's stressing about it. I don't think he realises how easy all this stuff really is for him, he's lucky not to be like me when it comes to Maths :(
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Looks worse today alas E45 did nothing to help :cry:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • NGale
    itboffin wrote:
    Looks worse today alas E45 did nothing to help :cry:

Sudocreme (which is antibacterial and medicated) of just good old baby lotion.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    As a man that has moisturised everyday since birth:

The right cream depends on your skin type. If you have dry skin the none oil based baby lotion won't do anything.

Example:

I have a oily face, after I use facial wash (Tea Tree oil) I use baby lotion for my face to moisturise, not add more oil to it and thus the production of spots thorugh traped/blocked pores. I have don't have an oily (naturally sweaty) body so I use baby oil for that and cocoa butter or vaseline for my feet (foot bottom ~ for Cafewanda's benefit).

If your rash is more ala razor bumbs then perhaps using a bumpstopper type cream. There are shops in deepest darkest Brixton, Croydon, Streatham, Shepards Bush etc that can help.

That said I'd probably bath (using Tea Tree Oil or something equally natural) making sure the skin was devoid of all oil, grime, dirt, sweat and use either Vaseline, Astral or baby oil should E45 not work.

However, if the rash isn't just skin irritation then the application of more oil may:

i: Block the pores creating spots and irritate the skin further (stopping it from breathing etc - which something as thick as E45 does).
    ii: Prevent new hair from growing straight, making them curl inwards and back into the skin thus creating razor bumps.

If it is skin irritation baby lotion might work but your skin may also need help producing natural oils cocoa butter may do the trick. But the solution really may come down to you knowing your body and what works for it.

(I just like to cream - moisturise - my skin).
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Putting a moisturiser on a rash isn't going to help it... like d'uh.

You need to establish whether it's being caused by regrowth, or by a reaction to the veet.

If it's regrowth, you need to exfoliate (scrub your skin with a brush/loofah) and perhaps use something to prevent ingrowns, google is your friend.

If it's a reaction to the veet, you need to leave it well alone, and pop to a pharmacist.
  • NGale
    Putting a moisturiser on a rash isn't going to help it... like d'uh.

You need to establish whether it's being caused by regrowth, or by a reaction to the veet.

If it's regrowth, you need to exfoliate (scrub your skin with a brush/loofah) and perhaps use something to prevent ingrowns, google is your friend.

If it's a reaction to the veet, you need to leave it well alone, and pop to a pharmacist.

Ideally need to be moisturising in the first place before the veeting anyway, but that's just something which needs to be done on a regular basis anyway.
  • DonDaddyD
    that's kinda what I said.

If its razor bumbs, get a bumpstopper cream (yes it exists with that name). Wash moisturise as dry skin doesn't help.

If its proper skin irritation don't use heavy duty cream like E45. Skin still needs to be moisturised and not go dry though (as that in and of itself could be worse) so I use baby lotion.

Duh....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • itboffin
    it's regrowth oddly it's only on the areas I used a razor post drunken veet :oops:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • DonDaddyD
    That would be razor bumps then.

That's not a rash! MTFU, shave again, put some aftershave on it just becuase!
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    DDD you're a very disturbed young man :P
  • So, umm, you used Veet, then you had a few drinks, then you used a razor.

Riiiighhtt.

Isn't your problem that you didn't give it a second coat of Veet? Go on: have a go with some more Veet. In fact, do a trial. One leg: more Veet. Other leg: more shaving. And try some more wax in the middle.

You be sure to let us all know how y'get on, now, wontcha? :twisted: :mrgreen:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • NGale
    itboffin wrote:
    DDD you're a very disturbed young man :P

and on your recent form he's not the only one who's disturbed :lol:
  • This has to be the funniest thread I've read in a LONG time. Good to know I'm not the only one struggling with partners, shaving various parts, what and how to shave, etc....

The first time I shaved my legs (I thought that was what you were supposed to do as a roadie) I didn't tell my girlfriend beforehand. She climbed into bed cuddled up to me, screamed in my ear and lept out of bed. If I hadn't been laughing so much I might have been a bit more sympathetic....I would not recommend shaving without prior consent. :wink:

p.s. itboffin: Nice legs.....
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • itboffin
    Greg66 wrote:
    So, umm, you used Veet, then you had a few drinks, then you used a razor.

Riiiighhtt.

Isn't your problem that you didn't give it a second coat of Veet? Go on: have a go with some more Veet. In fact, do a trial. One leg: more Veet. Other leg: more shaving. And try some more wax in the middle.

why don't i just show you in person, you know somewhere you can't escape from :twisted:
  • itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    So, umm, you used Veet, then you had a few drinks, then you used a razor.

Riiiighhtt.

why don't i just show you in person, you know somewhere you can't escape from :twisted:

I thought the local authority turned down your planning application for the dungeon.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • NGale
    just a recommendation lads for the 'aftershave' try the Body Shop Simply Purify body gel afterwards. nice a tingly and smells lovely. Just be careful where you put it as it as menthol in it and it could sting a little :shock:
  • itboffin
    NGale wrote:
    just a recommendation lads for the 'aftershave' try the Body Shop Simply Purify body gel afterwards. nice a tingly and smells lovely. Just be careful where you put it as it as menthol in it and it could sting a little :shock:

Wot like mint source tingle?
  • NGale
    itboffin wrote:
    NGale wrote:

ooooh a better tingle than that :wink::D

I had my bath an hour ago, still tingling now :lol:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    :lol: Some of the greatest posts of all time are in this thread.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    NGale wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    NGale wrote:

Don't tease now remember I use asso cream ;-)

However there is a body shop @ Waterloo and in the interests of science it wouldn't be right if I didn't try.

:-)
  • NGale
    itboffin wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    NGale wrote:

Don't tease now remember I use asso cream ;-)

However there is a body shop @ Waterloo and in the interests of science it wouldn't be right if I didn't try.

I'm hoping it's not a discontinued one as I want to get hold of more myself.

Seriously though there was still a tingling an hour afterwards and my skin is still lovely and soft this morning :D

:-)
  • itboffin
    Ngale it's discontinued :cry:
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Vinegar and wire wool
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • itboffin
    I tried another method this afternoon, will post the results on Sat hopefully :?
  • DonDaddyD
    NGale wrote:
    Men shouldn't buy things from body shop for themselves.

It sends exactly the same message as being male and riding Campag Athena, which is exactly the same as being male and driving a convertable Vauxhall Tigra, which is exactly the same being male and wearing skinny jeans.

It's just not cricket.
    itboffin wrote:

I'm ashamed to admit it but I like that tingle.... :oops:
    Food Chain number = 4

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,739
    ...which is exactly the same as having no body hair.

I think after your admissions on this thread DDD, you've forfeited any right to comment on what men should or shouldn't do for fear of seeming girly.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • DonDaddyD
    I shave once a week because thats how long it takes for my chin to get stubble (it takes me a whole week to grow weekend stubble), I don't have a single hair on my chest or upper body (I don't shave), my legs aren't hairy at all I have been asked if I shave them. I am not a hairy man, a little nair doesn't maketh an Athena rider of me.

Anyway:

Who has had more than one look at ITB's legs?

Who is man enough to admit to going back and looking at them over the course of a few days?

Yep, this thread questions everything!
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    Post veet

4950975757_058b57ac9f.jpg
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    You lot are all poofs, the only way to properly remove hair is with a can on lynx and a zippo. Mmm smooth.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017