Sac Wax

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Too tired last night, this evening however ....!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    dont do it, the regrowth is a killer

edit.... :oops: so I've been told
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,638
    @ITB: WFH = waxing from home?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • itboffin
    rjsterry wrote:
    @ITB: WFH = waxing from home?

Very good :wink:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    home waxing, never a good idea the consequenses are not nice :shock:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,638
    'Salright. He's dosed up on painkillers, he won't feel a thing (he hopes).
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • NGale
    rjsterry wrote:

I so wish I was working today and he lived in the south west...I want to be on the phone when that call comes into the ambulance service that would be a 'ripped off testicle' call :shock: :lol:
  • itboffin
    NGale wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

I so wish I was working today and he lived in the south west...I want to be on the phone when that call comes into the ambulance service that would be a 'ripped off testicle' call :shock: :lol:

Veet not wax i'm not completely mad you know.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    itboffin wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Don't leave it on too long! That could sting a bit
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited August 2010
    My girlfriend runs out of nair by the 2nd week of buying it, I complain about living in the 70s (though sometimes I like it). She got annnoyed and now buys me my own sachets.
    I can't believe this thread has reached the third page without a contribution from DDD

I've used nair for a while now. Since cycling I prefer to be smooth down there as opposed to having a boiling afro jungle while being bitten by friction burn.

Nair is great stuff, smells a little funky at times. Fooking burns the crack and star though. Such is the resilience of my tight curls that nair doesn't fully remove them (even after the full 5 mins). So I have a Gillette Fusion (not the battery one you need to be absolutely surgically steady) specially those tough bast*rds. (I use another Gillette or Wilkinson Sword for my face).

I like it being hairless but when it grows back it's no longer as full and lushous like the Jackson 5 afro it used to be. This upsets me but the comfort is worth it.

Edit: Hang on, is this thread about shaving legs? Jaysus I don't do that! I'm not a pansy.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • itboffin
    Eh?

I also have several of those 750ml innis & gunn oh yeh!

might just do one leg :lol:
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Silly question but why not just trim to a number one with clippers? Short enough not to cause any yankage issues, long enough to be soft like suede and zero regrowth issues.

I have shaved before and the regrowth period is like keeping a wire brush in your undercrackers. Going the veet or the wax route removes the hair beneath the skin so you've got the ingrowing potential......
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • itboffin
    SimonAH wrote:
    Silly question but why not just trim to a number one with clippers? Short enough not to cause any yankage issues, long enough to be soft like suede and zero regrowth issues.

I have shaved before and the regrowth period is like keeping a wire brush in your undercrackers. Going the veet or the wax route removes the hair beneath the skin so you've got the ingrowing potential......

mmmm food for thought, half a leg waxed, half veet, half trimmed and half razor

It's like a lab test :D
  • NGale
    itboffin wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Ok then, it will be the 'allergic reaction, itchy balls' call :wink:
  • DonDaddyD
    Also I've noticed that I get less blocked pours down there since the use of Nair.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • itboffin
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Also I've noticed that I get less blocked pours down there since the use of Nair.

Do tell .................
  • NGale
    itboffin wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

No, please do not. :shock:
  • itboffin
    Pics DDD or it didn't happen :lol:

Rubs thighs :roll:
  • DonDaddyD
    edited August 2010
    itboffin wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Well, my hair down there is incredibly curly. When cycling things got sweaty, hot and pours would at times get blocked leading to a bump (that I got looked at). Its another reason why I now wear lycra, it allows your skin to breath.

Comfort then became the issue, my sweaty/wet afro hair becomes coarse when dry (its why I put oil - baby love - in my head hair) and that in turn was a prickly so the hair had to go.

It grows back fairly slowly, but then I shave my chin once a week as it takes 5 days for my 'weekend stubble' to grow in.

Its been an issue of hygiene and comfort that should be discussed.
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    Interesting and somewhat disturbing, it's a good job I know you matey :lol:

:lol:
  • itboffin
    i like the smoothness mmmmm

pics to follow :shock:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    itboffin wrote:
    i like the smoothness mmmmm

pics to follow :shock:

was GregT waxed?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • itboffin
    4927022894_dfd9d87fe7_z.jpg
  • jonginge
    And that's enough. No further.
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    JonGinge wrote:

too late

pics to follow :twisted:
  • jonginge
    itboffin wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

too late

pics to follow :twisted:
    This was the bit that concerned me. Ever heard of maintaining an air of mystery? ;)
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    Nope but i'm already liking the results, Mrs itboffin is shaking her head
  • itboffin
    I am smooth 8)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    As a Chewbacca hairy man I've never shaved any part of my body except for for my face and the bit of pruning required for nose and ears.

It beggar belief that any man would shave or otherwise remove his pubic hair (that is what we are talking about, isn't it?)

I have always thought that the idea of cyclists shaving their legs was ridiculous and the reasons given spurious to say the least. However I have discovered that hairy legged cycling on rural roads offers the flies something to cling onto.

I may reconsider shaving the legs.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • itboffin
    erm it actually looks really good, seriously !!