NY Times - Cyclists are said to back claims Armstrong doped

Comments

• ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    ...thank you Pokerface.... consider the sentence ended.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    8) :lol:
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Two more stories on the hospital bed confession here:

Ballsy Betsy's meeting with Novitsky
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5699/Betsy-Andreu-speaks-about-Lance-Armstrongs-involvement-in-the-Floyd-Landis-investigation.aspx

McIlvain and Lemond's phone recording to be used by Novitsky?
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5686/LeMond-McIlvain-recording-to-be-used-in-Landis-investigation.aspx

Read it and weep fan-boys!

So, you're over there sitting around and gleefully just loving all the anti LA stuff. Fine with me. Hate whomever you like. Think whatever you like. Strikes me as odd that it's not enough for you to KNOW(if indeed you do KNOW) that LA could "go down". No, you seem to want all of these , so called, fan boys, to cry in their beer. That's really a weird
    idea and way of looking at it. Nobody cares THAT much. You rate him way too highly. He's not the God / Devil you seem to think he is. He's only a human and a something of celebrity. If you need to think that bunches of people are crying themselves to sleep over any of this, and if it makes YOU feel better, well, go ahead and think it.
  • ratsbeyfus
    dennisn wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Two more stories on the hospital bed confession here:

Ballsy Betsy's meeting with Novitsky
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5699/Betsy-Andreu-speaks-about-Lance-Armstrongs-involvement-in-the-Floyd-Landis-investigation.aspx

McIlvain and Lemond's phone recording to be used by Novitsky?
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5686/LeMond-McIlvain-recording-to-be-used-in-Landis-investigation.aspx

Read it and weep fan-boys!

So, you're over there sitting around and gleefully just loving all the anti LA stuff. Fine with me. Hate whomever you like. Think whatever you like. Strikes me as odd that it's not enough for you to KNOW(if indeed you do KNOW) that LA could "go down". No, you seem to want all of these , so called, fan boys, to cry in their beer. That's really a weird
    idea and way of looking at it. Nobody cares THAT much. You rate him way too highly. He's not the God / Devil you seem to think he is. He's only a human and a something of celebrity. If you need to think that bunches of people are crying themselves to sleep over any of this, and if it makes YOU feel better, well, go ahead and think it.

What time is it over there? Have you been drinking? Have a nap Dennisn... it's all just a nasty dream.

@ratsbey
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    ratsbeyfus wrote:

What time is it over there? Have you been drinking? Have a nap Dennisn... it's all just a nasty dream.

What he says does have some merit though as you seem somewhat obssesional about it. I mean coming out with read it and weep .......ffs get a grip.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • ratsbeyfus
    Moray Blub wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:

What he says does have some merit though as you seem somewhat obssesional about it. I mean coming out with read it and weep .......ffs get a grip.

Titter... one bit of bait, and two bites!

@ratsbey
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Some odd voice mails

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_ ... probe.html

Not very exciting actually.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • moray_gub
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Moray Blub wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:

Translated as .........my obsession with all things Lance is becoming increasingly obvious i better try a divertionary tactic, i know will use the old bait line !
  • dennisn
    Moray Gub wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Moray Blub wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:

Translated as .........my obsession with all things Lance is becoming increasingly obvious i better try a divertionary tactic, i know will use the old bait line !

Ya got that right. There seem to be few people on here who are really Lanceaphobics.
    They just can't get enough. Reading every little scrap of info they can find, then posting it
    so, apparently, the rest of us(the unknowning and / or the uncaring) can be fully enlightened, should we decide to read any of it. I'm becoming very tempted to believe that
    most of the anti LA people are trolls looking for an arguement. If you're not trolling then I'm very tempted to believe that you should seek professional help. Doesn't seem very healthy to be so obcessed and hateful to someone AND want everyone else to do the same. That's just plain creepy, to say the least.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    For MG and Dennis.

pot-kettle-black.jpg
  • ratsbeyfus
    edited September 2010
    Statler-waldorf-portal.jpg

A match made in heaven!

@ratsbey
  • dennisn
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    waldorf_statler.jpg

A match made in heaven!

So, are you trolling or just creepy?
  • ratsbeyfus
    edited September 2010
    dennisn wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:

A match made in heaven!

Hey, I'm just posting up links about LA for anyone who's interested in reading about the Novitsky case... you seem to have got a bit angry about that, even though you never seem to bother reading the links. Ignorance may be bliss for you... me, I prefer to read about stuff to try and get a clear picture of what is going on. As Mr Gubb once said in his signature... 'Read, educate yourself for future conflicts'...

@ratsbey
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_ ... probe.html

"I hope somebody breaks a baseball bat over your head,"

:shock:
  • ratsbeyfus
    Arkibal wrote:

Them fangirls are a nasty bunch.

@ratsbey
  • dennisn
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:

A match made in heaven!

Hey, I'm just posting up links about LA for anyone who's interested in reading about the Novitsky case... you seem to have got a bit angry about that, even though you never seem to bother reading the links. Ignorance may be bliss for you... me, I prefer to read about stuff to try and get a clear picture of what is going on. As Mr Gubb once said in his signature... 'Read, educate yourself for future conflicts'...

If you feel the need to know all about LA and this is of major importance in your life, I guess you're not a troll, just some sort of creepy, obcessive, stalker type.
    Whatever keeps ya going I guess.
  • Arkibal
    dennisn wrote:
    If you feel the need to know all about LA and this is of major importance in your life, I guess you're not a troll, just some sort of creepy, obcessive, stalker type.

Oh, come on Dennis, you don't know ratsbeyfus, why the nasty words? :?:
  • dennisn
    Arkibal wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Oh, come on Dennis, you don't know ratsbeyfus, why the nasty words? :?:

Come on, sure I do. I know "ratsbeyfus" as well as he knows LA. He KNOWS LA is pretty much as bad as everything that was ever said about him, and rightly so. He read it on the internet. So because he knows all this he tells everyone and says what he pleases.
    Well, I've read stuff by "ratsbeyfus" on the internet and I KNOW he's certainly got some "issues". Now I'm telling everyone that cares to read it, what his problems are.
    Why question only me in this "nasty words" issue? What abouy "rats..."?
  • Arkibal
    dennisn wrote:

Because you have been the one saying you can't judge the people you haven't met.
  • dennisn
    Arkibal wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Because you have been the one saying you can't judge the people you haven't met.
    You're right about that.
    Remember, I'm only dishing out to him what he dishes out to other people. If he doesn't like it maybe he should consider that, when he bad mouths whomever on this forum. Strictly tit for tat with me. Very childish of me, calling people names on a forum? Don't you think? I sure do. Guess I'm just being childish with another childish forum poster.
    Seems fair to me.
  • moray_gub
    ratsbeyfus wrote:

A match made in heaven!

You can use images and other wee tricks to try and disguise all you want mate but the bottom line is you are an obsesssive individual when it comes to the subject of LA and no matter how much you try to disguise it it shines through every time.
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:
    For MG and Dennis.

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Oh to have an idependant thought process.
  • moray_gub
    dennisn wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Moray Blub wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:

Ya got that right. There seem to be few people on here who are really Lanceaphobics.
    They just can't get enough. Reading every little scrap of info they can find, then posting it
    so, apparently, the rest of us(the unknowning and / or the uncaring) can be fully enlightened, should we decide to read any of it. I'm becoming very tempted to believe that
    most of the anti LA people are trolls looking for an arguement. If you're not trolling then I'm very tempted to believe that you should seek professional help. Doesn't seem very healthy to be so obcessed and hateful to someone AND want everyone else to do the same. That's just plain creepy, to say the least.

its becoming increasing apparent that the anti LA mob are in the main obsessional individuals who are more interested in the downfall LA down than they are about professional cycling in general.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Moray Gub wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Moray Blub wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:

its becoming increasing apparent that the anti LA mob are in the main obsessional individuals who are more interested in the downfall LA down than they are about professional cycling in general.

exactly, well said MG. This forum is a bit of a snake pit really..and most if not all are wondering why some are just better at sport than others-fact of life! They are the main sources of dope talk and LA bashing.
  • ratsbeyfus
    Calm down, calm down. Take a deep breath. Dave_1 - don't panic... professional cycling has not been destroyed, and I don't see lines of lycra clad ex-pros clogging up the dole queues yet. Moray/Dennis - you'll be able to write to LA in prison... he may even sell you one of his old bikes!

Now... on a serious note...This is a cycling forum, so you are going to meet people who are interested, in bikes, cycling and the people who cycle them. Gasp! Yep, I'm interested in LA. I was fascinated by his wins in the Tour. This led to me reading his books in an effort to find out more about his 'amazing' story. (Dennisn... I haven't written my autobiography yet, but when I do I'll send you a copy so you can get to know the real me.) When, I joined Bike Radar, I started seeing that there were a lot of rumours abut the legitamacy of his wins... someone suggested on a forum that people interested in hearing another side to his story should read 'From Lance to Landis'... I did, and I felt that Walsh made a pretty convincing aargument that LA was in fact a huge fraud. Personally, I see him as some kind of comedy panto villain in the world of cycling... someone that the 'outside' world admires, but many cycling fans dislike because he is such a fraud. So now you are surprised that on a forum about LA I post links to some more articles that go in some way to corroborating what Walsh suggested? Hmmmmm.

At the end I post 'Read it and weep fanboys' as a throwaway remark and now all this hissy-fitting... OK boys... I promise... no more teasing... happy now? I suggest if you're not interested in the story of LA, don't read the thread. If you are, why don't you engage in the argument? So Dennisn/Moray Gub/Dave_1 what do you think (not know) about the information in the links? Did you read it? Are you interested?

@ratsbey
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Does it ever cross your (Denis, Moray, Dave) mind that LA's fraud has done more to damage cycling than any opinionated forum poster ever could. The constant Team LA attacks against the persons presenting the considerable evidence against his having been a clean rider are only fuel for the flames, there is never a proper rebuttal of the evidence, only personal attacks against those presenting it.

The whole aspect of 'never tested positive' has been done to death, but how many admitted cheats passed 10's of dope controls, the tests are of limited value, that's clear.

If by having an opinion that is different to yours I'm a Lance obsessed nutter then I'll just have to live with that.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Oh to have an idependant thought process.

Just imagine I've posted the pot and kettle image here too.
  • dennisn
    dougzz wrote:

If by having an opinion that is different to yours I'm a Lance obsessed nutter then I'll just have to live with that.

OK, now we're getting someplace. Glad to see you admit your obsession. Confession is good for the soul.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    If you added together Dennis, MGs and Dave's posts, I wonder what the ratio of posts on doping/LA versus non-doping/LA threads would be?

Strava is not Zen.
  • I see a the psychological mind games continue.
    Here we have the 3 truly "obsessive"forum individuals lobbing their pet word,
    like a verbal stun grenade at anybody who dares to post anything negative
    about the object of their "obsession".
    It doesn't look as if it is silencing anyone.

Still, it makes a bit of a change from the old "hater" manta.

Just goes to show how little either side has to contribute to this stagnated debate.

It could be a long winter, at this rate.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.