Tour de France Stage 12 *spoiler*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    i think the shack have cut the caisse lead to almost nothing....

perhaps now edge it
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    It's nice to see that short, steep climbs like the ones we have around here can cause a few problems. Goes back to my earlier point that a few stages in the Massif Central or Vosges could liven things up a bit and encourage aggressive riding. My money's on Andy bouncing back with a stage win on Sunday, he seems more suited to the longer climbs with Contador having the edge on the really steep stuff. I'd like to see the ToB take a leaf out of this book and have finishes on the top of Hard Knott or the Tumble :wink:
  • mididoctors
    AidanR wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    That was good, that was.
    It's great now that cycling is clean. Aside from that pesky Puerto stuff. And the blood doping, eh?
    I managed to engaged in a 'willing suspension of disbelief' for a while there. After all, it's nowt but entertainment these days isn't it?

Cycling as pro wrestling?

see the hog come in from the side of the road and hit someone with a metal folding chair
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    i think the shack have cut the caisse lead to almost nothing....

perhaps now edge it

What was the CdE lead before?

Today the times were:

Klodi (+10), Levi (+17), Horner (+31) - total +58s
    LLS (+31), Plaza (+31), Kiri (+48.) - total +1m 50
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Takes them from about 30 behind to 30 in front then.
  • mididoctors
    the shack ahead by 27 secs

good margin going into the 3rd week... :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited September 2015
    At the top of the climb Contador had 24 secs on Andy. At the finsh 10. He lost those secs because it was flat:

So to reiterate, he put 24 secs into Andy in the space of definitely less than 500m
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    Mettan wrote:
    Could Andy neutralise Contador in the Pyrennees by attacking him (again and again) - both end up tired on any particular stage (and call a truce (sp)) for a particular stage - finish stage with same time? That bluff could possibly work.

doesn't help him as he needs time... if the shoe was on the other foot it would work well for Contador thou
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    the shack ahead by 27 secs

good margin going into the 3rd week... :lol:

They've got it wrapped up then. All flat to paris now isn't it?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Here's a pic for FF's private stash. Not hi-res though, sorry.

stage12gall-SCHLECK%20Andy-ys-roadbikeaction.jpg
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    That was good, that was.

It's great now that cycling is clean. Aside from that pesky Puerto stuff. And the blood doping, eh?

Indeed, turning a blind eye when convenient
  • Pross
    I'm surprised Julian Dean isn't in shot on that picture, must have gone off to get the KY :wink:
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    At the top of the climb Contador had 24 secs on Andy. At the finsh 10. He lost those secs because it was flat:

I'm pretty sure that as they crested the climb the time gap was ten seconds?
    Mañana
  • GeorgeShaw
    GeorgeShaw Posts: 764
    At the top of the climb Contador had 24 secs on Andy. At the finsh 10. He lost those secs because it was flat

I don't think so. At the top of the climb, the main legend at the bottom of the screen said 24 secs, but if you looked at the second timer at the top, Andy went over 11 or 12 behind.

Soon be able to check when the last km comes on line.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Yeah the motorbikes (used to calculate the main legend time) all got bauked in a bottleneck(sp) thus distorting the time gaps. The true time gap was given on screen. That's how I saw it anyway
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Watched replay again. I physically counted 11 secs at top of climb, and then about the same under the kite, which I think was 500 metros further on.
  • frenchfighter
    Got it. 24 secs sounded a little excessive. It was just the time gap on screen.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    Timoid. wrote:
    Its the sort of day Sam Domoulin fires down the road.

Tough for PTP. I think most people were content to hedge and guess that the big boys would at least pick up points for minor places.

I got bertie coming off J rods wheel..for the PTP points

but perhaps a break survives to the end....

well bertie should have gone straight throu.... and not waited to give J-rod the nod
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138

well bertie should have gone straight throu.... and not waited to give J-rod the nod
    Bertie needed friends last year (especialy spanish ones) and perhaps this year also. :roll:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • plectrum
    plectrum Posts: 225
    donrhummy wrote:
    Vino did look pissed. Slammed his handlebars. But really, now that we're heading into the mountains, does Contador need him anymore? He kicked butt last year with little help.

Vinokourov hit his handle bars as soon as Rodriguez won, showing is disappointment that his team AStana didn't take the stage victory. Simple, no conspiracy theory as it actually seems that Astana is workign well as a team.
  • mididoctors
    deejay wrote:

Bertie needed friends last year (especialy spanish ones) and perhaps this year also. :roll:
    had J G hand him a bottle this year on the road to Avoriaz
  • frenchfighter
    edited September 2015
    It was a real shame that Vino didn't win that stage. Not only has he been active throughout the Tour, was looking for a stage win this Tour and was looking for a stage win in the Giro which also evaded him, he was one of the first successful attackers of this stage and drilled it to the end.

At least he received the combativity prize.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    ryder deserved the red number
  • frenchfighter
    edited September 2015
    If I see Levi on the front of any group from here to the end of the Tour I think I may faint with shock.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    Wiggin's didn't do badly. Look who is on his shoulder
    Getty
    http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/49/fullj ... r_2010.jpg

If I see Levi on the front of any group from here to the end of the Tour I think I may faint with shock.

the giro mob arrived together 30 secs down
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    great stage, made up for that dross into gap
  • frenchfighter
    edited September 2015
    It was good to see some of the riders racing that climb with their sunglasses off. The effort was a lot more visible.

Post race, Andy said he expected to lose time on that climb which is in his blacklist.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Contador:
    Tough day today with the end in Mende, cutting 10 "very important, marked by confusion in the situation of race due to radio

Anyone know what he is on about with the confusion?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Contador:
    Tough day today with the end in Mende, cutting 10 "very important, marked by confusion in the situation of race due to radio

Anyone know what he is on about with the confusion?

The break had around 2 minutes, and Vino, Ryder, Kloden and Kiriyenko attacked off the break and the bunch were still being told the gap as 2 minutes when it was stretching out to 4minutes.

Saxo would've been in a lot of trouble, but Lampre and Cervelo came and helped them out chasing, no idea why, didn't seem in either teams interest.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • frenchfighter
    ryder deserved the red number

Why?

Vino created the break. He was very active driving it. Kloden attacked to make the four and Vino drove those four hard. Then he was the only remaining rider from the break, only 4secs behind the winners and in front of everyone else.
    Contador is the Greatest