Ooo cha cha!

Was Eisel helping out, too?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • holybinch
    holybinch Posts: 417
    Interesting... Just what the Cav needed before the Alps as well.
    Hopefully he'll manage well enough to challenge Thor for the maillot vert!
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    cjcp wrote:
    Ooo cha cha!

Was Eisel helping out, too?
    Not in the finale. He towed the field for a few k from about 10k to go. Only Renshaw left in the last couple of k but they used the Lampre and Garmin trains as leadout...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Renshaw is pure class

Yup. Cav is the bullet, but he's the marksman who gets in position, lines up the shot and pulls the trigger.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    I think the green's still beyond Cav after the start he's had, Thor is probably going to pick up some points in the mountains again too....but there's plenty of competition for green now, should be interesting!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Oddjob62 wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Renshaw is pure class

Yup. Cav is the bullet, but he's the marksman who gets in position, lines up the shot and pulls the trigger.

+1
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    StuAff wrote:
    I think the green's still beyond Cav after the start he's had, Thor is probably going to pick up some points in the mountains again too....but there's plenty of competition for green now, should be interesting!
    +1

There is no way the other sprinters will drop enough points for Cav to win.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    cjcp wrote:
    Fingers crossed for Geraint Thomas being able to climb tomorrow...
    With a name like that, I'm hoping that he has had a bit of previous experience cycling up hills.

:lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Renshaw is pure class

Cheers matey :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Bugly
    Bugly Posts: 520
    anton1r wrote:
    Ok i'm a bit of a TdF noob so can someone explain what's going on with the green sprinting jersey.

I would have expected Cavendish (currently on 1pt) to be a bit closer up there for it with Hushovd (currently on 63pts) but alas he isn't. Is it possible for him to still win it given he's already given away a 62 point lead? If not what's he playing at? I mean if he's not contesting the green jersey why is he there as I understand he's lacking when it comes to the climbing so he's never going to win the overall.

As stated elsewhere its a points jersey and points are won for intermediate sprints and finishes. Cavendish is fast - but doesnt have the engine to be competitive all the way to Paris, he can win on a leadout on a flat stage, but wont be mixing it in the hills and mountains. Thor is getting old but I think has the legs and the race nauce to accumalate points most stages and be more consitentant the Cav thus win the points in Paris. (Or at least I hope he wins)
  • Orleandrew
    Orleandrew Posts: 61
    More on the bike Boardman's been using:

"@jog_on_: @Chris_Boardman is it one of your 'own' bikes you ride on the telly? With no stickers on it? >Yes"

"@Paul_AnnettsPaul_Annetts @Chris_Boardman and is that likely to be a 2011 model!! > Possibly, 2011 range will blow you away. Can't say more"
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Sky, could have sent someone back to help Geraint.

Out-of-order.

From now on I'm a Geraint Thomas fan.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,356
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sky, could have sent someone back to help Geraint.

Out-of-order.

From now on I'm a Geraint Thomas fan.

There was nobody to sent back.

Wiggins had one man with him, everyone else was busted.

8. ROCHE Nicolas + 02' 28

Ireland>England>Wales
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,356
    Firstly let me state that I have no Lance issues. I don't love him or hate him.

And I know that they are 'messages of hope and support' for cancer supporters

But the printing of these messages on the road seems nauseatingly corporate compared to the painting of names by fans

chalkbot-lo.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • cjcp
    8. ROCHE Nicolas + 02' 28

He's quietly gone about his buiness, hasn't he? Would be great to see him go for a stage win.

Bad luck for Geraint Thomas yesterday Can't really waste a domestique on him though, when he said his aim was the prologue and team leader is Wiggo.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    End of an Age today, no mistaking.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    Schleck, A has already blown it.

Ditto Wiggins.

To paraphrase Kenneth Wolstenholme, "He has now!".

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cjcp
    Greg66 wrote:

Yup.

Was screaming at the TV when Schleck attacked, too. He still needs more time ahead of the TT. Still got my fingers crossed that I'm wrong about AC having it in the bag. Shame about, Wiggo.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Greg66 wrote:
    Yup.Pity Radio Shack aren't invited to the Vuelta - I reckon there'd be half a chance he'd do an Evans and have a pitch at it after a poor tour.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    Greg66 wrote:
    Yup.Pity Radio Shack aren't invited to the Vuelta - I reckon there'd be half a chance he'd do an Evans and have a pitch at it after a poor tour.

Brought back memories of Indurain getting unhitched during his attempt at number 6.

I have a feeling that he's going to get, and be allowed to get a stage win. He's in a position that he hasn't been in since pre-cancer: he can get into a breakaway group and no one will have to chase him down. More to the point, if he gets there, I'm not sure that the peloton will choose to chase him down. I reckon they'd be happy to let him have a stage as a parting gift.

Ironic, a fitting if not ideal finale, and a bit sad, all at the same time.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Greg66 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Brought back memories of Indurain getting unhitched during his attempt at number 6.

I reckon they'd be happy to let him have a stage as a parting gift.
    Indeed.
    Most of the people who had alientated over the years have been banned from the sport now, so yes, there might be some sympathy!!
    Its not that sad, really. He's nearly 39.

What now for Radio Shack? Their top GC guys are all in their mid-30's.
  • holybinch
    Lepheimer can still try for a top 10 finish I reckon.
    Would have been interesting to see what he could have done yesterday with his teammates around him, rather than trying to patch up Armstrong.

• Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Sad to see LA have so much bad luck. I was looking forward to a decent battle with Contador et al. I will probably get stick for not being a true fan etc - but the tour has lost some interest for me now that he is out of contention.

I just read some of the gloating going on on the 'Pro Race' forum...now that is sad.
  • cjcp
    Sewinman wrote:
    Sad to see LA have so much bad luck. I was looking forward to a decent battle with Contador et al. I will probably get stick for not being a true fan etc - but the tour has lost some interest for me now that he is out of contention.

I just read some of the gloating going on on the 'Pro Race' forum...now that is sad.

Know what you mean, but I don't think he was ever in contention - that's just the media building him up. He was struggling to match accelerations on the climbs before he retired in 2005, so he'd have no chance now.

Re him being allowed to win a stage: I suspect he'd have to do it on a hilly-ish stage otherwise the sprinters may have something to say about it.

Also, can you imagine this (without passing any judgment on the rights and wrongs etc): LA makes a break for it with a few other riders; AC thinks "uh, no you don't", and rides off to catch the breakway a la LA and Simeoni a few years ago to have a few words?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jonginge
    Interesting segment on Cav's bike fit during the TdF. TESTIT* method fail!
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/tou ... -de-france

* Try Everything Several Times In Training
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • holybinch
    Anyone would have an idea if it's possible to watch the tour online?
    Now that the worldcup is over, they've removed the TVs from our office :(

• jonginge
    holybinch wrote:
    Anyone would have an idea if it's possible to watch the tour online?
    Now that the worldcup is over, they've removed the TVs from our office :(
    Yes, yes it is :D

A few options:
    Look for streams from www.cyclingfans.com or steephill.tv
    ITV4 is also streaming the stages
    Get eurosport player
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides