Tour De France 2010 - *May contain spoilers*

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,356
    Haven't found the BBC site to be particularly anti AC.

But then I'm not Spanish.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    Let's have your predictions for tomorrow.

AC to win the stage with an trademark attack on the Tourmalet.

AS to lose enough time so 'chaingate' becomes irrelevant
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    edited July 2010
    gabriel959 wrote:
    I actually agree with Paul Kimmage, LA is the cancer of cycling.

So really, the WSJ/WADA/Feds enquiry is all a bit of a waste of time. You've both made up your minds, and if that lot agrees with you, whoopie do, and if they don't, they're wrong.

Right?

One final question: why isn't LA doping this year?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • greg66_tri_v2.0

This is always fun.

SaxoBank and Astana will vie to set the pace up at the beginning of the climb. Astana will be left standing after that fight. AS will attack, and attack and attack. AC will follow, follow, follow.

AC follow AS over the line; possibly try to outsprint him, but I think more likely he'll sit in.

Then AC will seal it in the ITT, taking enough time to make chaingate irrelevant.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Then AC will seal it in the ITT, taking enough time to make chaingate irrelevant.

Bertie may well win by a greater margin than was lost as a result of the mechanical, but his actions will not be deemed as irrelevent by the purists. Wonder if the crowd will still be booing him on the podium all the way to Paris?
  • tailwindhome
    Greg66 wrote:

This is always fun.

SaxoBank and Astana will vie to set the pace up at the beginning of the climb. Astana will be left standing after that fight. AS will attack, and attack and attack. AC will follow, follow, follow.

AC follow AS over the line; possibly try to outsprint him, but I think more likely he'll sit in.

I reckon the early pace will be very high, I could see the sprinters' teams taking a real interest in the intermediate sprint at 33km.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Greg66 wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

So really, the WSJ/WADA/Feds enquiry is all a bit of a waste of time. You've both made up your minds, and if that lot agrees with you, whoopie do, and if they don't, they're wrong.

Right?

I don't know the answer to that last question. Regarding the other bits, its wheter you follow cycling enough or you watch the TDF, which is not the same.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • gabriel959
    Gussio wrote:

Bertie may well win by a greater margin than was lost as a result of the mechanical, but his actions will not be deemed as irrelevent by the purists. Wonder if the crowd will still be booing him on the podium all the way to Paris?

The purists say get on with the race and learn how to change gears.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

They must all be saying at once, which is why it sounds like booing :wink:
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

Right?

I don't know the answer to that last question. Regarding the other bits, its wheter you follow cycling enough or you watch the TDF, which is not the same.

Well, that big ol' sidestep sure told me to not to ask questions about matters that I can't comprehend.

Back to kitchen for me, I suppose...

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • OldSkoolKona
    OldSkoolKona Posts: 655
    Greg66 wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

Well, that big ol' sidestep sure told me to not to ask questions about matters that I can't comprehend.

LOL, commuters, know your limits ;-)

Always funny when people get lost from Pro Racing and come across here. Almost as bad as the mtbers :shock:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Greg66 wrote:

This is always fun.

Yup. AS needs, I guess, two minutes on AC tomorrow to make the ITT interesting. As I see it, this means AS needs to attack on the Soulor to give himself the chance of putting time into Bertrand on both climbs. Wonder if Saxo Bank will put someone in the break to pace AS down the Soulor to the foot of the Tourmalet.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    gabriel959 wrote:
    I kinda expected those answers. Never supported Leeds United, bunch of dirty scum.

BBC Live Feed and forum – I have done both, not that it’s going to make a difference. I have actually complained to the BBC about the live commentary as I reckon it’s a bloody rip-off, they barely update the thing, and when they do, they spout some random, baseless crap or even better, lets have a wank about the latest LA move and his lack of “luck”.

My point about the BBC feed is that they try every single opportunity to have a dig at AC, just because LA behaved like an idiot last year (and part of this one) on Twitter.

I know about that Hinault moment, and I still agree with it.

Lets hope he gets done for doping for once and for all. Seems likely one with the WSJ and WADA pressing on. Never thought I’ll say this but Landis FTUW :)

Armstrong or Contador? Let's face it, they both owe a lot of their palmares to being juiced. You honestly believe a rider who started off with Saiz, jumped ship to Bruyneel and now hangs out with Vino and the Kazakhs is riding clean?! :lol::lol::lol:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    MatHammond wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:
    I kinda expected those answers. Never supported Leeds United, bunch of dirty scum.

BBC Live Feed and forum – I have done both, not that it’s going to make a difference. I have actually complained to the BBC about the live commentary as I reckon it’s a bloody rip-off, they barely update the thing, and when they do, they spout some random, baseless crap or even better, lets have a wank about the latest LA move and his lack of “luck”.

My point about the BBC feed is that they try every single opportunity to have a dig at AC, just because LA behaved like an idiot last year (and part of this one) on Twitter.

Lets hope he gets done for doping for once and for all. Seems likely one with the WSJ and WADA pressing on. Never thought I’ll say this but Landis FTUW :)

Armstrong or Contador? Let's face it, they both owe a lot of their palmares to being juiced. You honestly believe a rider who started off with Saiz, jumped ship to Bruyneel and now hangs out with Vino and the Kazakhs is riding clean?! :lol::lol::lol:

Tsk, tsk, Mat. Innocent until proven guilty and all that :wink::)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • gabriel959
    MatHammond wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

Never said he wasn't juiced. In fact as I said before in here, if the fall of LA means the fall of Contador so be it. With blood transfusions invisible to drug tests anyone could be doing it, including the french and Cadel! :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • gabriel959
    Greg66 wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

LOL, commuters, know your limits ;-)

Always funny when people get lost from Pro Racing and come across here. Almost as bad as the mtbers :shock:

LOL :roll:

I am not lost here pal, I commute with my bike and have been posting in Commuting for a while. It is just seems that if you don't follow the LA bandwagon you must be a lunatic. :wink:
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • gabriel959
    Greg66 wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

Right?

Never said you didn't understand though... you said it :wink:
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    cjcp wrote:
    MatHammond wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

I guess so, no smoking pistolero - yet (unless you count his name being on the Puerto docs...).

Still, as Gabriel says, who is clean? I think we have to suspend our disbelief a little to really enjoy the race, but then certain riders get vilified and others don't - that's the bit I find a bit confusing. :?
  • gabriel959
    MatHammond wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    MatHammond wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

I guess so, no smoking pistolero - yet (unless you count his name being on the Puerto docs...).

Still, as Gabriel says, who is clean? I think we have to suspend our disbelief a little to really enjoy the race, but then certain riders get vilified and others don't - that's the bit I find a bit confusing. :?

I guess we might never know but good olde Greg thinks otherwise...

"The evidence will come from the investigation," LeMond said, "and I believe it will be overwhelming."

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15554334
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • gabriel959
    Armstrong behaving like an...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQsqS-mY ... r_embedded

:roll:
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • gabriel959
    Gussio wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

They must all be saying at once, which is why it sounds like booing :wink:
    All this stuff about ‘noble tradition of not taking advantage of another's misfortune’, ‘big No No to attack the Yellow Jersey when the rider has a crash or mechanical’, ‘unwritten rule in the peloton that you did not capitalise on someone else's crash or mechanical’, “etiquette’, etc, is nonsense.
    It’s a race and all competitors have to take it how it comes, including rivals taking advantage when they can.

It’s wrong to say ‘the players of TDF used to have a gamesmanship not found in other sports’, this approach never really existed in past decades, at least to the extent that some people now believe.
    Merckx didn’t wait for Ocana when he punctured, Thevenet for Merckx when he was attacked by a spectator, Zoetemelk for Hinault when he punctured, Roche for Bernard when he punctured, Chiappucci for Lemond when he punctured, etc.

The idea of waiting only really took over during the Armstrong years, when on the one hand LA almost demanded it from others or, in order to appear magnanimous, granted it to certain others (but only in hypocritical fashion, i.e. not to all rivals), while on the other hand the media played up this notion to suggest the sport still had some ideals despite doping scandals

Those who should know best, ex-riders Hinault, Bernard, Jalabert and Bruyneel, have all stated what Contador did is quite legitimate.
    One of them also pointed out that if people expected Contador to wait, where do you draw the line, because Menchov and Sanchez would have heard through their earpieces what had happened.

:wink:
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

So, when YOU change gears, do you click the button on the handlebars, or click the button on the handlebars? Personally, I click the button on the handlebars, but some say that this puts me at an increased risk of shipping a chain.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

So, when YOU change gears, do you click the button on the handlebars, or click the button on the handlebars? Personally, I click the button on the handlebars, but some say that this puts me at an increased risk of shipping a chain.

No idea mate, I am not an expert in those matters, in fact its rare for me not to drop chain!!! Probably more to do with my crappy DIY bike mechanic skills. I am sure there is an article now on the net though after the chaingate.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • always_tyred
    If AC has a mechanical during the ITT, will AS wait for him?
  • tailwindhome
    'chaingate'

I started that

hehehehehe
  • tailwindhome
    MatHammond wrote:

No Matt it's the vilification of other posters which is confusing
  • gabriel959
    'chaingate'

I started that

hehehehehe

Did you?

I saw it on Twitter.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • always_tyred
    MatHammond wrote:

Imagine all the posters, living life in peace. Some people say Tailwindhome is a dreamer. But he's not the only one.
  • gabriel959
    MatHammond wrote:

Of course you would, as long as everyone agrees, there is nothing to see here, there or anywhere. :roll:
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • tailwindhome
    gabriel959 wrote:
    'chaingate'

I started that

hehehehehe

Did you?

I saw it on Twitter.

Well aren't you just the man.

I was referring to this thread and the fact the a couple of other posters have repeated it.

Are you having a really bad day, you seem angry and tense?

Feel free to use this thread to let it all out.