israel

12346»

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    1. Arabs wanting peace
    2. Israelis wanting peace
    3. Post Imperialist Militaristic US and its lapdog Uk seeking exploitaion and calculated slaughter in the middle east.
    4. The entitlement of people to live in basic dignity.

elmo.jpg

One of these things is not like the others,
    One of these things just doesn't belong,
    Can you tell which thing is not like the others
    By the time I finish my song?

Did you guess which thing was not like the others?
    Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong?
    If you guessed this one is not like the others,
    Then you're absolutely...right!

92,000 fatalities (from 1945 to 1995). Both sides.

Yay for Elmo.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Mad Roadie
    Mad Roadie Posts: 710
    saymush wrote:
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    Saymush, you're missing the bit where DMClite starts name calling:

dmclite wrote:

Ok, you can get back on subject and express your anti-semitic diatribe once more. :roll:

Pretty predictable.

not name calling though is it?

Anyway Ill let the rage continue i have no interest in wasting my time on this.
    yeah ... back out I would,,, there is only so long you can try to defend the indefensible
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    How is it not name calling?

Anyway, don't blame you for losing interest. It always was going to end up this way. The person(s) who favour/defend Israel will always end up calling the other side anti-semitic. It's the hammer blow. How can you come back from such an accusation? You can't without appearing to be anti-semitic. Even Jewish Academics can't (see Norman Finklestein).

You are so noble, I bow to your superiorness. :roll:

How is school ?
  • Anonymous
    EKIMIKE wrote:

dmclite wrote:

Ok, you can get back on subject and express your anti-semitic diatribe once more. :roll:

Pretty predictable.

Spell my name correctly when you are being snidey. And can you please put up a picture where you are smiling, you look way too intense if it is you in your photo. Lighten up dude, things could be worse, you could be on an aid boat somewhere. :D:wink:
  • Anonymous
    mr_si wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    On these figures alone, Israel is winning big time, but I reckon if the Palestinians got a Eurovision entry and won they may even up the scores somewhat. :P

Crikey your jokes are a bit close to the bone. That and a couple of other rantings make you sound somewhat partisan. That's not meant to be a compliment.

Gallows humour you see. I don't rant, I see my posts as delivery mechanisms for the un-enlightened. :D

Or............I just like taking the pi55 out of people like ekimike, who seem to so "right on", and probably not say what they really feel.
    I like the Beta band's lyrics on the subject, "If theres something inside that you wanna say, say it out loud it will be ok, it will be allright".

Wouldn't life be boring if we all agreed ?
  • Anonymous
    EKIMIKE wrote:

dmclite wrote:

Pretty predictable.[/quote]

Sorry, missed a trick there, it was pretty predictable that you were going to resort to the "pretty predictable" weapon of last resort and then bow out. :)

This thread, however is unpredictable.

I see Turkey is rumbling away over Israel, pretty predictable.
  • Anonymous
    Turkey has an excellent human rights record, I can see how they too grab moral high ground. First genocide of the 20th century, no less.

http://www.historyplace.com/worldhistor ... enians.htm
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    dmclite wrote:
    Turkey has an excellent human rights record, I can see how they too grab moral high ground. First genocide of the 20th century, no less.

http://www.historyplace.com/worldhistor ... enians.htm

Turkey has an appalling human rights record, as do the majority of Arab states, and Hamas. As I have said before in this thread, I don't think that the other Muslim countries are genuinely concerned about the plight of the Palestinians, and they do need to get their own houses in order first.

However, that does not really change whether Israel is right or wrong in Palestine. It simply means that hypocrisy is a cornerstone of world politics.
  • Anonymous
    Feeling very sarcastic today......... :wink:
  • saymush
    saymush Posts: 80
    Mad Roadie wrote:
    saymush wrote:
    EKIMIKE wrote:

dmclite wrote:

Pretty predictable.

not name calling though is it?

Anyway Ill let the rage continue i have no interest in wasting my time on this.
    yeah ... back out I would,,, there is only so long you can try to defend the indefensible

Its indefensible to the blind and hard of hearing.

Youve been manipulated by the media,
    Youre being manipulated by Arab States
    But you are of course right; no other opinion or truth could possibly have validity.

Enjoy your blindness and defacto persecution of Israel. Im sure youre right though there are so many people thinking the same thing.

Most people believed the world was flat once.
  • Limburger
    Limburger Posts: 346
    saymush wrote:

But you are of course right; no other opinion or truth could possibly have validity.

Enjoy your blindness and defacto persecution of Israel. Im sure youre right though there are so many people thinking the same thing.

I tell you what, you say something even remotely credible and supported by established facts/historical data and maybe, just maybe you might sound like less of a ill-educated fanatic.

......or you can keep spouting unsubstantiated sh!t lacking in any compelling argument - the written equivalent of jumping up and down with your hands over your ears screaming that everyone is wrong are only you know the truth. The sort of thing that would get you taken away to the nut house not so long ago though sadly no more.
    God made the Earth. The Dutch made The Netherlands

FCN 11/12 - Ocasional beardy
  • surreyxc
    surreyxc Posts: 293
    what's the cycling like there?
  • Limburger
    Limburger Posts: 346
    surreyxc wrote:

I hear they love Kat(y)usha :twisted:
    God made the Earth. The Dutch made The Netherlands

FCN 11/12 - Ocasional beardy
  • saymush
    Limburger wrote:
    saymush wrote:

I tell you what, you say something even remotely credible and supported by established facts/historical data and maybe, just maybe you might sound like less of a ill-educated fanatic.

......or you can keep spouting unsubstantiated sh!t lacking in any compelling argument - the written equivalent of jumping up and down with your hands over your ears screaming that everyone is wrong are only you know the truth. The sort of thing that would get you taken away to the nut house not so long ago though sadly no more.

Well thats the thing beefburger isnt it, my point is actually similar to yours but as a fanatic youve chosen to ignore it and put it back to me; so for clarity, I dont think its positive that anyone was injured or killed but i do think this anti israeli anger is not based on acknowledgement in most cases of all the facts.

Those facts that dont sit comfortably are ignored or dismissed.

In this thread weve seen peoples views dismissed becasue theyre Israeli and therefore biased. The views of Arab Peace activists and Al Jazhira on the other hand seem perfectly acceptable and there veracity is taken as red.

To that end id say the only lunatics here are the ones who fail to contemplate a balanced and reasonable view, those who fail to accept that they might not have all the facts or views and those who feel it neccescary to lash out at anyone who isnt instantly damming of Israel. As usual its herd mentality.
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    saymush wrote:
    a rant

I think you need to reread everything you've posted and ask yourself if it is balanced.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    I love it when cyclists talk politics.....
  • saymush
    mr_si wrote:
    saymush wrote:
    a rant

I think you need to reread everything you've posted and ask yourself if it is balanced.

There is a term for ignoring the facts and turning it back on someone but i cant remember it.

My point of course was the lack of balance being displayed. As im sure you know how ironic my point should be made so admirably in the very next post.
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    Once a thread has got this long it's probably past its' best with little new being added to the debate.
  • saymush
    Cressers wrote:
    Once a thread has got this long it's probably past its' best with little new being added to the debate.

quite agree so Im off to look at pictures of liz hatch and thnak the lord for good weather this weekend
  • Anonymous
    saymush wrote:
    Cressers wrote:

quite agree so Im off to look at pictures of liz hatch and thnak the lord for good weather this weekend

Good point fellas, I'm off too.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    surreyxc wrote:

Oh look, here comes surreyxc to tell us what we can and can't talk about again.
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    dmclite wrote:
    Or............I just like taking the pi55 out of people like ekimike, who seem to so "right on", and probably not say what they really feel.

Congratulations on 4 cheap digs in 27 minutes. :lol:

Thing is, if i did say what i really feel i'd just get called an anti-semite by you. If you're arguing that i should just say what i think regardless, you'd probably be the first to call me a 'd1ckhead' and quite rightly so. Unfortunately for you, i haven't given you the satisfaction of calling me an anti-semite or a d1ick who opens their mouth without thinking.

That's why the best thing you came up with in direct response to the letters i typed in the box were 'you spelt my name wrong'. By the way you worked that out, you spelt my name wrong too. If you're so worried about capital letters, then maybe you need to lighten up :lol:

And i would hate to get cheap, but if that is your face in your picture.... :lol:
This discussion has been closed.