Floyd -- he wrote us a letter...

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    So, it's an early evening, kick off, I see.
    Yes, Rocky, I've seen every GT in the passed decade and all the TDFs since 1980 odd.

I was at the 2005 Tour prologue and walked away convinced that, barring accidents, LA had won the Tour within the first 20kms.
    I wasn't wrong.
    Now, to me, that's boring as sh*t.

A lot of pundits didn't give Basso a cat in hell's chance of ever winning a GT again.
    He rode a virtually flawless race to prove them wrong. He had to ride, error free, because this wasn't the flying Basso, vintage 2006.
    So, if that can be considered mediocre, so be it.

For me, the whole race was up for grabs until the Mortirolo, Evans having the potential to upset the Liquigas applecart.
    Even the ITT on the final day had the possibility to alter the GC podium.

Besides this, we had a breakaway stick by 5 seconds, peloton splts on tranquillo days, the strada bianchi mud slog and monumental feats of endeavour, climbing the Giro "walls".

Anyhow, I can see you are taking a lot of flak over your opinion.
    How about throwing in a couple of your most exciting GTs ever, into the mix.
    Maybe we'll all find some agreement in those.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    rockmount wrote:
    Just got it ...being Irish, I take exception to your slight of the great one !

Oh, I'm sure Sean wouldn't mind after all he and I have some common ground.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Daryl Impey on Twitter after today's Tour de Luxembourg prologue.

"Happy with todays Prologue - interesting technical course but a great vibe. @chef_duffy has just made us a great meal"

No word if the team bus broke down on the way to Luxembourg.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    afx237vi wrote:
    No word if the team bus broke down on the way to Luxembourg.

I'm led to believe that the team bus is more prone to breakdown in mountainous territory so should probably be OK in Luxembourg....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    "2004: Again the team performed two seperate blood transfusions on me, but this time Bruyneel had become more paranoid and we did the draws by flying to Belgium and meeting at an unknown persons appartment and the blood was brought by "Duffy" who was at that time Johans assistant of sorts"

I suppose Chef Duffy could always knock up a black pudding with the leftovers :wink:
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    micron wrote:
    "2004: Again the team performed two seperate blood transfusions on me, but this time Bruyneel had become more paranoid and we did the draws by flying to Belgium and meeting at an unknown persons appartment and the blood was brought by "Duffy" who was at that time Johans assistant of sorts"

I suppose Chef Duffy could always knock up a black pudding with the leftovers :wink:

Where's the vomit smiley when you need it?

Strava is not Zen.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Has there been any word from Dr Arnie Baker since all this broke?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    calvjones wrote:
    micron wrote:

vomit-smiley-31.gif
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Good article here 100528
    www.dotcycling.com
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    RichN95 wrote:
    calvjones wrote:
    micron wrote:

vomit-smiley-31.gif

Many thanks, will keep that one for later!

Strava is not Zen.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    when is the FDA and Fed investigation starting? I thought it would be under way...I guess some chewed old diary written in engima code might not justify the millions of dollars an investigation calls for...
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    been away for a week so just catching up on the thread.

Has there bee any actual news on this while I was away ? I assume the rumours on CNs forum about a story breaking at the weekend are false
  • thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    sherer wrote:
    been away for a week so just catching up on the thread.

Has there bee any actual news on this while I was away ? I assume the rumours on CNs forum about a story breaking at the weekend are false

Think the rumour was about OUCH-Bahati losing its title sponsor. Bad, but hardly earth shattering!
  • iainf72
    sherer wrote:

They were just getting excitable. It was to do with the Bahati foundation team folding.

I believe the fed investigation is underway. Will rumble on under the covers, as all law enforcement stuff done.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    thanks for the updates. Saw the news about Ouch but didn't realise that was it as seemed a bit too low key :D
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    The Belgian Cycling Federation site reports that they are gathering evidence about the allegations against Bruyneel for a potential Belgian federal case
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    sherer wrote:

They were just getting excitable. It was to do with the Bahati foundation team folding.

I believe the fed investigation is underway. Will rumble on under the covers, as all law enforcement stuff done.

the feds are calculating not only if a crime took place but if they can prove it...I reckon the chance of this seeing the light of day are 50%/50%
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    [Bogart]Once da G-men start puttin' the heat on Duffy I reckon he'll sing like a canary rather than do time in Joliet. Lance and Johhny B need ta start packin heaters for protection, an' Lance needs ta track down every broad he's ever been with ta make sure he keeps all dem ladies sweet so they don't spill da beans.[/Bogart]
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    DaveyL wrote:
    [Bogart]Once da G-men start puttin' the heat on Duffy I reckon he'll sing like a canary rather than do time in Joliet. Lance and Johhny B need ta start packin heaters for protection, an' Lance needs ta track down every broad he's ever been with ta make sure he keeps all dem ladies sweet so they don't spill da beans.[/Bogart]

Why you dorwty wat! LA will never be taken alive I tells yah.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • iainf72
    Dick Pound on Flandis / etc etc

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/06/ ... um=twitter

Worth a read.
  • iainf72
    And a bit from Lemond (not much new, aside from maybe the advice for investigators)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/ ... tion_N.htm?
  • thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    iainf72 wrote:
    And a bit from Lemond (not much new, aside from maybe the advice for investigators)

"(Armstrong) has talked about Floyd's mental well-being, as he's done with me and nearly every person who has questioned him," says LeMond, now 49 and slightly paunchy.

WTF has that got to do with anything!! V poor journalism
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    iainf72 wrote:

Interesting. I presume until actual evidence appears then it's a bit preemptive of LeMond to claim he feels vindicated.
    Mens agitat molem
  • iainf72
    bazbadger wrote:

Interesting. I presume until actual evidence appears then it's a bit preemptive of LeMond to claim he feels vindicated.

There is actual evidence. Eye witnesses are considered evidence. Depends if more people talk.
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    iainf72 wrote:
    bazbadger wrote:

There is actual evidence. Eye witnesses are considered evidence. Depends if more people talk.

Sorry, I should have wrote 'irrefutable evidence'. You're right about more people talking. The stakes are so high...

The only problem is, if Landis is telling the truth, then there are going to be a lot of gloating frenchman out there - can we stomach that?? :lol:
    Mens agitat molem
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    bazbadger wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    bazbadger wrote:

Sorry, I should have wrote 'irrefutable evidence'. You're right about more people talking. The stakes are so high...

The only problem is, if Landis is telling the truth, then there are going to be a lot of gloating frenchman out there - can we stomach that?? :lol:

French people should never gloat about ousting cheaters considering their entry into the World Cup this year came by just that!
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    The only problem is, if Landis is telling the truth, then there are going to be a lot of gloating frenchman out there - can we stomach that??

I think all things considered I prefer gloating French to gloating Americans
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    The only problem is, if Landis is telling the truth, then there are going to be a lot of gloating frenchman out there - can we stomach that??

I think all things considered I prefer gloating French to gloating Americans

I know we all jest and this ain't aimed at you in particular but can we get past the nationality thing....

I'm guilty of anti-american bias myself but frankly its not really about that anymore for me..

thou I think it is part of the focus of LA in the general scheme of things.. I will confess i didn't like him in 1999 for winning because he was a big headed Texan git.. that bias must have rolled into later opinions I formed of him

however after the final votes are in and weighing it all up I reckon he is the number one baddest apple in barrel for a host of reasons IMO but being a Texan isn't one of them..

if the 7 time tour winning doping cheat had come from France he would need to go and all... lets not forget parts of the french cycling establishment effectively colluded with LA and JB not to mention the myriad of nations represented in the peloton so there is plenty of blame to go round if you want to tar brush entire nations

nobody looks good in hindsight if only because so few tried to do anything about it and those that did were not effective enough to stop it coming to this
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    iainf72 wrote:
    bazbadger wrote:

I think you're mistaking evidence for truth. Or you think that because someone says something that it's truth. Evidence is everywhere out there. Truth, well, good luck in finding very much of that. :roll: :roll:
  • iainf72
    dennisn wrote:

I think you're mistaking evidence for truth. Or you think that because someone says something that it's truth. Evidence is everywhere out there. Truth, well, good luck in finding very much of that. :roll: :roll:

No I'm not. I said there is evidence. Did I say anything else? And it's not just people, there's a body of other stuff as well that if you take as a whole could well be enough for someone to use to form a case.

If it got to a court, and a guilty verdict was returned, you wouldn't accept it, would you Dennis?