Your TT position - pics

Comments

• celbianchi
    celbianchi Posts: 854
    Dru wrote:
    Surfr wrote:
    Uh-oh dru's flying early season. Well done. Looking forward to Sunday's showdown

clearly not as quickly as you are!

Good ride at the weekend.

anyone got any thoughts about stem length on my front end - unfortunately on the 3T bars there is no fore or aft adjustment. Currently got a 100mm stem on there.

I was fairly comfortable front end wise for an hour so will ride next tt sessions and race with a lower front end - but concerned if I need to go for a short stem or not.

Although the pads are in different locations they are on the same height.

JP_R25_7_25_03_12.jpg
    yesterday

cardiff1.jpg
    last week.

Dru - sort your number pinning out. That's woeful :-)
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Me and a mate (who's waaaay faster than I'll ever be!) were discussing bike stuff over beers last night and aero gains that pro's get from windtunnels for TT'ing... my gut reaction for purely position gains (as against bike hardware) might account for only a few watts. I guessed '10 watts' if someone was already very low and fast. Do people get more gains than this??

I suppose you get this thing where you can get power lost from a lower position which can be outweighed by gains which are greater from less drag.

Wondered what people reckon?
  • sub55 wrote:
    sub55 wrote:
    I fancy doing the R10/17 did a 21 on there last year but im fairly sure im alot quicker now, Is it the 10 and the 30 in Llandovery? I'll probably do both the Llandovery 30 was my first ever open TT last year and I think I did a 01:19:58 so im hoping to knock 10-12 minutes off that this year

:shock:
    if you were to take 12 min of 01;19;58 on the R30/5 it would put you in touch with course record
    my best on there is 01;09;?

What is the Cr on that course anyway? Fairly sure Kieron has it
    I did my club 30 at the end of last year and did a 01:11:10 which is probably a similar course
    Fairly confident I can do under 01:10:00 anyway

No body seems to keep records these days , i know for certain John Pritchard held it in 1998, with a 1:08:31.
    In 2000 , Paul Osbourne took that down to long 1:07:, from there , Martin sage ( J P`s son-in-law ) took it down to 1:07: 30 something in 2001. To put martins time in context , he was regularly riding 48`s down the bank at that time.
    God im sounding old.

Well the 30 is over and I did a 1:09:18 nearly crashed in llangadog on the first lap after a lorry came around the corner, got stuck behind a car turning right in Llandovery and got massively held up in Llangadog on the last lap behind a 4x4 doing about 5mph trying to squeeze through a gap, I paced it badly and came back a bit too fresh but im still pretty pleased with my time as it got me 3rd place and it was an eventful ride to say the least :P.

As for the course record Kieron Davies smashed it taking three and a half minutes off it taking it down to 1:03:30 something, what an incredible ride.
    10 mile TT pb - 20:56 R10/17
    25 - 53:07 R25/7
    Now using strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/155152
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    edited May 2012
    I would appreciate any thoughts on my position which I have been working on this season. I could probably get the bars a centimetre or so lower but I find I'm not as comfortable any lower and my neck begins to lock up as well.
    (Oh and I know I should have pinned my number a bit tighter and a skin suit is on order)

ttposition1.jpg
  • markos1963 wrote:
    I would appreciate any thoughts on my position which I have been working on this season. I could probably get the bars a centimetre or so lower but I find I'm not as comfortable any lower and my neck begins to lock up as well.
    (Oh and I know I should have pinned my number a bit tighter and a skin suit is on order)

ttposition1.jpg

Cant see the picture :?
  • markos1963
    markos1963 wrote:

ttposition1.jpg

Cant see the picture :?

Thanks, now sorted
  • RoadMeridaBen
    RoadMeridaBen Posts: 265
    Picture taken from R10/22A last saturday, 3rd place overall
    http://www.sisportsimages.co.uk/Galleri ... 225-2.html
  • Mike george
    Mike george Posts: 11
    It looks like you could lower your chin a tad more but aside from that it looks pretty tidy

Here's me from the same race; http://www.sisportsimages.co.uk/Galleri ... 390-2.html

Markos 1963, personally I think you could go a bit longer as your arms look very upright, that's the only change I'd be tempted to make if it's comfortable to do so.
  • RoadMeridaBen
    Mike, do you find that position comfortable? as the saddle looks a bit on the high side.
    Congrats on taking the team prize on saturday, was hoping to get that aswell but Keiron didnt turn up lol
  • Mike george
    Yeah since buying the adamo I had to start completely from scratch with saddle height/position and that feels spot on now, for the outward leg my cadence was 100 average and I didn't feel like I was bouncing at all, taken alot of fettling though those saddles are good but take a while to get set up. Cheers, we had a pretty good day as a club. When we saw Kieron wasn't starting we knew we were in with a shout, first prize money ever, all this cash blown on bikes is starting to pay off..............!
  • RoadMeridaBen
    You were lucky to have evenly matches team mates, mine were scattered all over the place lol
    22:16 for me then a massive jump to 25 x2 and a 27 i think.

Think I got my first ever prize money at your velo weekend last year with 3rd in the 10, what an awesome course that is.

Are you riding the 25/7 in a few weeks? hoping to do it if i got the entries in on time
  • Mike george
    You were lucky to have evenly matches team mates,

Yeah there's some fantastic battles at our club 10s at the moment!

I stuck an entry off for the 25/7 on Monday so hopefully the organiser's kept it open till the weekend, have to say I prefer it to the bank even if it's slightly slower, the sound of a disc in the tunnel is ace :mrgreen:
  • RoadMeridaBen
    I sent my entry off last friday and phoned the guy because it was a bit late, he said he was closing the entries on tuesday so you will be lucky if you get in :P
  • RoadMeridaBen
  • James H-S
    James H-S Posts: 139
    Any comments, this was me from the weekend on my way to a 21.29.

aacecca8.jpg
  • pianoman
    pianoman Posts: 706
    2q3zyoh.jpg

My hip angle looks and feels too tight, the stem is as low down as it can go (though there's scope to raise it) and the extensions have not been cut. But my back is very close to being flat. Shorter cranks? Or shorter aerobars? The stock ones on the 2012 Slice are 290mm after all.
  • markos1963
    James H-S wrote:
    Any comments, this was me from the weekend on my way to a 21.29.

aacecca8.jpg

If you can do a 21.29 you don't need any help, you're fast enough as it is! :D
  • RoadMeridaBen
    PianoMan wrote:
    2q3zyoh.jpg

My hip angle looks and feels too tight, the stem is as low down as it can go (though there's scope to raise it) and the extensions have not been cut. But my back is very close to being flat. Shorter cranks? Or shorter aerobars? The stock ones on the 2012 Slice are 290mm after all.

Personally I wouldnt have my actual elbows on the pads (look at james and his pad positioning in the pic above) try leaving the bars as they are and moving your arms back a bit if possible so the pads are further up your arms, as for the rest its hard to tell as the picture you've taken is quite high up. Doesnt look very comfortable though lol

The best way to find out how your position really looks is from race pictures as you will only find yourself posing on the turbo :P
  • Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    ?action=view&current=538125_419881881379690_343689409_n.jpg
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Matt the Tester
    doesnt work :( could someone work their magic please? im amazed i got it this far!
    north west of england.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    538125_419881881379690_343689409_n.jpg

There you go, not the best picture however to gauge anything by.
  • Matt the Tester
    sorry yes, ill get another one up! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... =1&theater

can anyone work there magic please? :)
    north west of england.
  • indjke
    indjke Posts: 85
    Have no TT bike actually) so.. this is my TT position :lol:

Boardman Team C / 105 / Fulcrum Racing 3
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    Broke under 24 minutes on Tuesday night for the first time

r10_16_19_06_12_23_57.jpg

The bike is setup with a slightly longer and higher stem (as I've done some 25's and a 50TT) Got a 100TT coming up new weekend - hopefully this position will be ok for 4-5 hours!
  • Positions not looking too bad, improvement on the number pinning :P

See you at the 100 TT, my first one aswell :shock:
  • woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    Hi,

It's amateur hour I'm afraid!

This is my first outing on my new tri bars. Any suggestions on how to improve my position would be appreciated.

Compared to others on this thread I think i look too far back on the bike and my head is too high? I'm not sure I have the leg length or the flexibility to achieve the full on flat back look?!

I have at least an inch of spacers I could lose, the tri bars are parallel with the stem so I guess it's not quite flat yet.

Thanks for your help :P
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    Dru wrote:
    Broke under 24 minutes on Tuesday night for the first time

r10_16_19_06_12_23_57.jpg

The bike is setup with a slightly longer and higher stem (as I've done some 25's and a 50TT) Got a 100TT coming up new weekend - hopefully this position will be ok for 4-5 hours!

to be controversial
    if you do feel the need to alter your position race to race (which you shouldn't need to),you may do better lifting the stem for a 10 and drop it for a 100
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    Positions not looking too bad, improvement on the number pinning :P

lets all guess who bottled it
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • sub55 wrote:

Didnt see that coming :P (2nd fastest at the 37 mile mark though!)
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    sub55 wrote:

Didnt see that coming :P (2nd fastest at the 37 mile mark though!)

Well - the self supported Tortoise made it home - just under 5 hours - it wasn't quick, it wasn't pretty - entered a dark place between hours 3 and 4 but hopefully have come out the other side stronger.

Ended up riding a road bike as my test on Wednesday night showed that with 3 large bottles on the TT bike I could not get them in and out of the holders properly whilst being comfortable looking at the road ahead.

New frame has bigger clearance for bottles etc