Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    corriebee1 wrote:
    For the second time in a couple of weeks the wife phoned me on my way home from work to ask if i minded her going out on her bike after i get home.

Got the two year old to bed and had a glass of wine with the 3 month old whilst she went out and did 15 miles. Very proud of her getting back into it despite the energy sapping abilities of the aforementioned sprogs!.

excellent - mine is now out for 2-3 evenings a week ... rather curbs my riding plans - but I suppose I could get a turbo out if desparate!
  • slowbike
    elbowloh wrote:
    corriebee1 wrote:
    For the second time in a couple of weeks the wife phoned me on my way home from work to ask if i minded her going out on her bike after i get home.

Got the two year old to bed and had a glass of wine with the 3 month old whilst she went out and did 15 miles. Very proud of her getting back into it despite the energy sapping abilities of the aforementioned sprogs!.
    You did what? :wink:

Did you not know that it's the recomended method of getting a 3month old to sleep for more than 1 hour?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Slowbike wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    corriebee1 wrote:

Did you not know that it's the recomended method of getting a 3month old to sleep for more than 1 hour?
    I did not. The (new) wife and I are trying for our first. I'll let her know about this recommended method, she'll be delighted I'm sure.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • slowbike
    elbowloh wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    corriebee1 wrote:

I did not. The (new) wife and I are trying for our first. I'll let her know about this recommended method, she'll be delighted I'm sure.

It needs to be red ... and a good sized glass - none of these namby pamby ones ...

Mine (at 13 1/2 months) is going to be going onto the whisky before bed tonight ... the 3 hour bed time routines are getting a bit much! ;)
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    4 Conti Race tubes from Halfords. £8.99 each. Price matched to Evans at £3.49 each, then 10% BC discount.

nice.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    4 Conti Race tubes from Halfords. £8.99 each. Price matched to Evans at £3.49 each, then 10% BC discount.

nice.
    Semantik wrote:
    Halfords - Our Price Match Promise-
    No other promotional offers or vouchers can be used on top of a price match
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... oryId_null

You're not supposed to but I did on a pair of GP4Seasons, matched to £30 each then 10% BC discount made them £27 each, half RRP but not what most places charge.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    The new layout of CS7 at Collier's Wood is a huge improvement. No more fighting to squeeze between 2 linesof traffic in improbably narrow lanes. Just nip through on the dedicated strip along the side.
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Visit from the PF today, decided to enjoy the vulcanising time (rather than swap the tube) in the middle of a nice wide green verge near a low travelled road as I didn't have a 9 am meeting today.
    Cue visit from 3 pheasants, numerous bees, grasshoppers / crickets, and a buzzard circling overhead, and not a single car going past in the ~15 mins.
    And people wonder why I cycle to work.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Visit from the PF today, decided to enjoy the vulcanising time (rather than swap the tube) in the middle of a nice wide green verge near a low travelled road as I didn't have a 9 am meeting today.
    Cue visit from 3 pheasants, numerous bees, grasshoppers / crickets, and a buzzard circling overhead, and not a single car going past in the ~15 mins.
    You are Disney's Snow White and I claim my £5.

SnowWhite6.gif
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,660
    New branch of charity shop opened this week up in local shopping centre. Quick browse... brand new Rapha jersey, my size... 35 bucks, about 20 pounds....
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    elbowloh wrote:
    You are Disney's Snow White and I claim my £5.

SnowWhite6.gif

ROFL :mrgreen:
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • Price matching saved me over £100 yesterday..

I WILL ALWAYS endeavour to price-match, I have mouths to feed, including mine!
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I think price matching has cost me more than it's saved me :roll:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:

:D

That's not how its meant to work...

:lol:

Self-control is a must!
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    dhope wrote:

:D

That's not how its meant to work...

:lol:

Self-control is a must!

Wrong forum for that! :wink:
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    A bee decided to examine the inside of my lid this morning...cue me, ripping said lid of my head unfortunately not fast enough (still smarts).

The anti-rant is to thank the motorist for stopping and asking if I was OK.
  • dyrlac
    dyrlac Posts: 751
    Cleared to get on the turbo, 3 1/2 weeks after getting knocked off the bike with a broken femur. Managed 15 minutes: Z4 heart rate needed to generate Z1 power. But it's a start!
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Dyrlac wrote:
    Cleared to get on the turbo, 3 1/2 weeks after getting knocked off the bike with a broken femur. Managed 15 minutes: Z4 heart rate needed to generate Z1 power. But it's a start!

Good to hear you're recovering. Injuries from my "accident" were much less severe and (un)fitness doesn't seem to have suffered too badly. It returns pretty quickly.

In other news our weekend visit to friends in Winchester has been cancelled which is great because I may get to finish building the new bike and frankly I could do without 5 hours of driving this weekend.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Dyrlac wrote:

Nice 8)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    Shouted at a driver today for being on the phone while overtaking me on a blind bend. He stopped at the top of the hill for a chat. I actually think he left with a much better understanding of the road.
  • dyrlac
    dyrlac Posts: 751
    Woohoo. Z 3~4 HR bought me something approaching Z2 power. For 15 minutes. SW London SCRers, I am coming for you. Sometime in October ... somebody get me an ice pack.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    My Canyon order is in its way.. Three weeks earlier than anticipated and I'm in France but hey ho.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • dhope
    Asprilla wrote:
    My Canyon order is in its way.. Three weeks earlier than anticipated and I'm in France but hey ho.
    What's the Endurace up to that the Inflite wont be doing?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • MrSweary
    dhope wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Going up hills quicker?
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
  • dhope
    MrSweary wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Going up hills quicker?
    Only 1kg in it, and most of the rest of the kit is the same.
    Only curious as I have the same Inflite as Asprilla and it sees me through club rides and chaingangs. Am holding out for the Aeroad with discs and Di2 as I'm not sure that something like the Endurace AL would be different enough to warrant a buy.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • MrSweary
    dhope wrote:
    MrSweary wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Going up hills quicker?
    Only 1kg in it, and most of the rest of the kit is the same.
    Only curious as I have the same Inflite as Asprilla and it sees me through club rides and chaingangs. Am holding out for the Aeroad with discs and Di2 as I'm not sure that something like the Endurace AL would be different enough to warrant a buy.

I sympathise - it was all I could come up with. Miss my Canyon already. :cry:
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    dhope wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

I find myself using the Inflite for commuting and trail stuff, like the Thames Path. The Endurace is going to be for weekends club rides and I might do some triathlons again next year.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    Asprilla wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

New bike.
    That's how I read it anyway.
  • Walls82
    Walls82 Posts: 126
    My Aeroad arrived today - scratched top tube :x
  • corriebee1
    corriebee1 Posts: 390
    Bloody tourists/pedestrians!!

Arrived into Cambridge on the bike this morning, hit some bumpy roadworks and heard an almighty clanging and crunching from the back wheel. Turns out my car and office keys had fallen out of the saddle bag, into my wheel and then into the road. I'm 20 yards past them and a double decker bus is slowly advancing over them.

A very lovely lady (front and rear rucksacks on, heading for the station) sticks her hand up in front of the bus, which stops. She steps gingerly out into the road and retrieves my keys from about 50cm in front of the bus wheels and returns them to me with a smile.

Given the fact that my car is parked 40 miles away from my spare key, and 50 miles away from the office. That's saved me a whole lot of heartache today!

Safe and happy travels Angel of the Station Road! May the road rise up to meet you, and may the wind at your back always be your own! :D