Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Free breakfast and chat with Tower Hamlets Wheelers on CS3 this morning. Flapjacks, bagels and coffee -- and lots of cycle based ranting. Surprisingly the majority opinion about the ride into London was that too many cyclists were being prats about the new cycle superhighway and that pedestrians are the new and ever-present danger.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Left home and was following a Polish HGV through Bristol city centre and cause of a bridge being shut the traffic was backed up quite a bit, five miles later the HGV overtook me.
    Another of the cycle racks in the bike sheds in work will be used soon with another colleague riding to work, he's only got to do 3 miles but now his kid is in a local school the family only need one car so when the insurance is due he's ditching it and riding to work.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    Yesterday I had to drive in and it was persisting down, today I could cycle and the sun is shining.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Today I rode in ...

Sunday I had a good ride with a mate ...

2 weeks time I've got the bike leg of a triathlon to do ... oh way - that should be in Rants! ;)
  • slowbike
    Yesterday on the way home ... blue lorry goes for an overtake then decides against it ... holds back until I wave him past (and ease off) ... nice little toot toot to say thanks along with flashy lights ... :)
    Thank you ... for doing a nice overtake at an appropriate time.
  • weezyswiss
    weezyswiss Posts: 123
    Got home before the heavens opened last night and was dry by 5 minutes. Lovely commute though. Cracking mood as I'm off to Ripon this weekend for a 100 mile commute and really looking forward to not lugging the laptop on my back for a change.

Not much phasing me this week 8)
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    Proper rain on the way in
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    This time tomorrow my bike and I will be on a ferry to Normandy to watch the first three days of the tour.

I reserve the right for the mother of all rants at an obscure time tomorrow as I'm heavily dependent on South West Trains to get me to Portsmouth in time for my ferry and that's not a comfortably situation to be in.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • slowbike
    It's not so far to ride it ... ;)
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Down in wales looking after my folks dog, been going out in the hills locally with him.

Fred 13442283_10153535502796640_6206048233749439896_n.jpg?oh=80a08615726817d8e0cb9f75941c91a8&oe=5836D93C

Hills 13528740_10153535502771640_1967378649530295687_n.jpg?oh=ea411730f764377ce6e503c34e13fb28&oe=57ECF17F13510818_10153535502821640_8010843392074499567_n.jpg?oh=c4aab27823a547bbf1dedd9d455c1b86&oe=5807D47D13509108_10153528085216640_1854601838068296477_n.jpg?oh=645edf986753dbc5fd47007d727f2eff&oe=57FADC9E

Was amusingly asked if Freddie was a trail dog? at Gospel Pass/Lord Herfords Knob...

been great to get out on to some of the higher hills, I grew up walking and MTBing though far less capable bike, though rider was much braver! which is no bad thing.
  • slowbike
    Sat here. Sunny but I'm indoors. Jobs not getting done. No bike tweaking
    Just sat

With my 1 yo son on my lap needing cuddles because he's had his jabs yesterday and not feeling so good today.
    Anti rant because although I'd rather he was asleep in his cot, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else if he needs me :)
  • asprilla
    Nice day out today.

IMG_20160702_220413_zpsebsoyz3k.jpg

IMG_20160702_212626_zpsfhzobkmx.jpg

FB_IMG_1467477158224_zpssug0p17k.jpg

IMG_20160702_210720_zps32oplqs4.jpg
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • corriebee1
    corriebee1 Posts: 390
    I had a few quid on Sagan to take yesterday's stage.... :)
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Ranty bit: Get overtaken by a left indicating car approaching entrance to work junction. Slam on the brakes, just as another one does the same.
    Both left hook across my path, as I slide around the corner with them. Very lucky I was planning to take the turning as well, otherwise I'd have been doing 30+ mph into the side/under a 4x4

Anti-ranty bit.
    Guard stops them both, refused to let them past, closes the road until I recover.
    Asks both drivers (who I don't know) to get out of the cars, and drags them to reception with me, where we record the near misses in the book and he replays the CCTV to them.
    Both drivers shudder as they watch me slide. Both apologise, 1 really meant it, while I stand there trying to avoid swearing at them both.
    Get given a DVD of the event there and then.

Turn up to a meeting half and hour later, both are there to present to me. It didn't go well.

Hopefully they have learnt their lesson, making it safer for other cyclists.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • asprilla
    Ranty bit: Get overtaken by a left indicating car approaching entrance to work junction. Slam on the brakes, just as another one does the same.
    Both left hook across my path, as I slide around the corner with them. Very lucky I was planning to take the turning as well, otherwise I'd have been doing 30+ mph into the side/under a 4x4

Anti-ranty bit.
    Guard stops them both, refused to let them past, closes the road until I recover.
    Asks both drivers (who I don't know) to get out of the cars, and drags them to reception with me, where we record the near misses in the book and he replays the CCTV to them.
    Both drivers shudder as they watch me slide. Both apologise, 1 really meant it, while I stand there trying to avoid swearing at them both.

Turn up to a meeting half and hour later, both are there to present to me. It didn't go well.

Like this post.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • veronese68
    I didn't think this bit actually happened in real life, did make me chuckle.
  • wolfsbane2k
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I didn't think this bit actually happened in real life, did make me chuckle.
    Rather amusingly, it actually did :). I was standing in on a project review as an independent, so knew none of the team :)
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • veronese68
    Well done to the guard as well.
  • wolfsbane2k
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Well done to the guard as well.
    Indeed. I'm dropping a 4 pack of ale off on his door tomorrow morning!.
  • imatfaal

Anti-ranty bit.

Good on the Guard - restores my faith in human nature a bit after that video in other thread. And fantastic on the meeting - kindles my faith in karma
  • corriebee1
    I had a few quid on Cavendish (at 5/1) for today's stage.

I should put yesterday's money i lost on Valverde in the rants column, but the tour's being kind to me so far! :D
  • imatfaal
    corriebee1 wrote:
    I had a few quid on xxxx (at 5/1) for today's stage.

I should put yesterday's money i lost on Valverde in the rants column, but the tour's being kind to me so far! :D

I was waiting till the highlights show and had carefully avoided the result - my post should definitely have gone in the rants section :evil:
  • corriebee1
    imatfaal wrote:
    corriebee1 wrote:

I was waiting till the highlights show and had carefully avoided the result - my post should definitely have gone in the rants section :evil:

Sorry!!!
  • imatfaal
    corriebee1 wrote:
    imatfaal wrote:
    corriebee1 wrote:

Sorry!!!

No worries. :mrgreen:

In fact the knowledge made me make sure I got home, showered, and plonked in front of tv with beer in good time. Would have been much more angry to have missed it entirely than just knowing that he had won in advance.
  • redvee
    Returned my Vivosmart to Argos for a replacement but no stock so a gift card issued and a new one ordered in for Tuesday which means a brand new Vivosmart and another 12 months guarantee for an item originally purchased nearly two years ago, the last one was refunded onto a gift card cause of stock issues.
  • corriebee1
    imatfaal wrote:
    corriebee1 wrote:
    imatfaal wrote:
    corriebee1 wrote:

Sorry!!!

No worries. :mrgreen:

In fact the knowledge made me make sure I got home, showered, and plonked in front of tv with beer in good time. Would have been much more angry to have missed it entirely than just knowing that he had won in advance.

At least i haven't told you who wins today's stage! ;)

(I've backed Steve Cummings at 20/1. Shhhhhhh)
  • wolfsbane2k
    redvee wrote:
    Returned my Vivosmart to Argos for a replacement but no stock so a gift card issued and a new one ordered in for Tuesday which means a brand new Vivosmart and another 12 months guarantee for an item originally purchased nearly two years ago, the last one was refunded onto a gift card cause of stock issues.

I love it when they do that.
    Especially when you bought them in a sale, the replacement is currently more, so they issue that amount in gift card, by the time it's in stock it's in a sale again, so you end up "up"..
    Happened a few times in the last few years :)
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    ^^^^
    Delete that post! Two days in a row...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • redvee
    redvee wrote:

I love it when they do that.
    Especially when you bought them in a sale, the replacement is currently more, so they issue that amount in gift card, by the time it's in stock it's in a sale again, so you end up "up"..
    Happened a few times in the last few years :)

I was expecting a refund to my debit card but had the original receipt that said 'gift card' on it, whilst the girls was checking the item over with her boss I was already looking at Amazon for a replacement.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Today's commute "pays off" my cycle spending since 2011, working on car use savings. Also at one point on the route, I was part of a line of four cyclists - a record for my rural commute.