Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    First day on the bike for 8 weeks.... it smarts a bit but damn that felt good.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    menthel wrote:
    Managed to lose the rubber attachment things for my cadence sensor (ultegra cranks are waaaaay bigger than veloce!) so emailed garmin to see if I could buy some new ones. Instead they are sending them out for free- I know they are only worth a few pence but still a decent gesture!

They sent me a whole new retail box of the two sensor set! All I wanted was the rubber band. Nice one garmin.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    After failing to tighten the bolt on my seat last night I had cause to use the free bike repair people at Chelsea Bridge. Very nice chaps and all paid for by Westminster Council and TFL to provide cycling infrastructure to encourage more cyclists.
  • telesv650
    telesv650 Posts: 59
    After failing to tighten the bolt on my seat last night I had cause to use the free bike repair people at Chelsea Bridge. Very nice chaps and all paid for by Westminster Council and TFL to provide cycling infrastructure to encourage more cyclists.

Are they there at weekends? Great Idea I must say.
  • surrey_commuter
    No idea about weekends. But I agree it is a very good idea and he was doing good business.

On CS3 they have pumps built into solid bollards which is also a good idea
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067

Where are these? Guess a trade-off for a solid bollard, just so long as no-one plans to try to take any Strava KoMs along there Tour of Basque Contry-style:

https://youtu.be/IS6QKeSCtFQ
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    That was just a glorious ride home. Took the river route down through Attenborough and there were loads of cyclists, walkers, families all out just enjoying the Sun. I deliberately pootled along and just took in the evening's ride.

I could with more rides like that :)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • surrey_commuter

Where are these? Guess a trade-off for a solid bollard, just so long as no-one plans to try to take any Strava KoMs along there Tour of Basque Contry-style:

https://youtu.be/IS6QKeSCtFQ

where Royal Mint becomes Cable St... possibly should have said adjacent to CS3
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.51079 ... !2e0?hl=en
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    20150407_200142_zps9tmoflbf.jpg

Tuesday night just after 2000... and people ask me why I ride a bike... :D
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Feeling human after a good nights sleep so got to Take a longer wander though Bushy Park, time for breakfast/lunch in Kingston
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067

Ha, cycled that route quite a few times (tho usually prefer the Highway) and never noticed them. Had the displeasure of using the other end of CS3 this morning, tho that should probably go in rants...
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • surrey_commuter

Ha, cycled that route quite a few times (tho usually prefer the Highway) and never noticed them. Had the displeasure of using the other end of CS3 this morning, tho that should probably go in rants...

I seem to get caught at the lights everytime heading West. It may have even been you who persuaded me the Highway was preferable to CS3
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    Ordered some wheels from merlin cycles some months back. Went to put some tyres on a couple of them a few weeks back and found part of one of the valves was missing (tubeless). Sent them an email & they've sent me a whole new tubeless valves set. .
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • rubertoe
    Two out of 3 bikes are riding like a dream. Take your time when re-indexing. It is worth the effort.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    3rd best time on the club 10 last night - previous two bests were late last year ...

then another cracking ride in this morning ...
  • Kieran_Burns
    Made a lady cyclist all happy today when I drove in. People were squeezing past her despite there being a queue of standing traffic coming the other way.

I just waited behind until a van driver opposite left a massive gap that allowed me to safely overtake. I got a big thank you wave off her as I went past :)

It's feels good to feel good.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Let me correct that for you .....
    Made a lady cyclist all uneasy today when I drove in. People were overtaking her despite there being a queue of standing traffic coming the other way.

I just oogled her behind until a van driver opposite left a massive gap that gave me no choice but to overtake. I got a big piss off you perve wave off her as I went past :)

;)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    Slowbike wrote:
    Let me correct that for you .....
    Made a lady cyclist all uneasy today when I drove in. People were overtaking her despite there being a queue of standing traffic coming the other way.

I just oogled her behind until a van driver opposite left a massive gap that gave me no choice but to overtake. I got a big wee-wee off you perve wave off her as I went past :)

;)
    I know which version I believe.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    The smell of the garden as I left walked through on my way out this morning. Made me feel glad to be alive.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Today I didn't wear a rucksack, arm warmers or knee warmers for the commute. I did wear sun screen though.

Nice (in a Jazz Club style).
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Just got asked to go to the City vs West Ham match on Sunday - corporate seat. There will be prawn sandwiches. Makes up for having to sit in a meeting room in Birmingham on Saturday listening to men talk about bike racing instead of going for a bike ride.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The weekend has already started, Friday is a rest day and the 'weekend' is holiday for Bespoked. Must remember to charge the camera.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    Getting a bottle of filthy Armenian cognac. How they can call it cognac is beyond me, but I like it.
  • redvee
    Found a pair of bibs the laundry maid put away in the wrong drawer.
  • redvee
    Letter from Lloyds about my PPI claim. They found in my favour so a cheque in the next 28 days of £2923 will be mine, add that to the £100 on Thunderball Tuesday and £300 from selling Bike 3, this week is going well. Must stay away from Wiggle/CRC et al.
  • Kieran_Burns
    I live on a sharp little hill that leads on to a rolling section going out into the countryside (Strava segment is called Whatton Rd rollers) so it's a favourite haunt for the weekend cycle clubs and evening groups.

I was going into work yesterday ( :( ) and had to wait on my drive for an endless line of cyclists making it up the hill, it was so good to see so many people out and boy was I jealous!
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • redvee
    One of the girls in work is doing the Mitie London Revolution in 2 weeks time, 180 miles over 2 days.
  • rubertoe
    Someone threw away the screw cap for one of my leyzene Micro Drive and with out this they are exposed to the element. I posted in the wanted section on here, someone pointed me in the direction of upgrade Bikes.

I checked out there site and they had them on there for a fiver a piece, I wasn't prepared to pay that, so I dropped them an email, rather helpfully they got back to me and asked for my address and 3 days later I got 2 in the post.

Happy.

• daveski12
    daveski12 Posts: 158
    Smashed my PB on the local TT course last night. Very happy.
  • redvee
    Hospital appointment this morning and I was weighed and I've gained 200g since February, much better than the 3kg I'd gained previously.