Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Was congratulated on my graceful arrival this morning in the car, executing a neat full pirouette on the packed-snow side road, into a parellel to the kerb attitude then smootthly rolling it back 4 yards to park neatly at the side of the road. Managing Director personally poked her head into my office to convey her + Sales' enjoyment of the performance. Which was nice.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,051
    To the lady (and I use that term quite incorrectly) who ran out in front of me on Queenstown Road: your hilariously over-the-top outburst of expletives in reaction to my complaint at your running out was so ridiculous that it made me laugh out loud, and cheered me up for the rest of the ride despite having numb wet feet and shins. Thank you.

@CiB: And a 6.0 from the Russian judge! the crowd are on their feet!
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Should also add what a huge amount of fun it was taking the boy Jr to school this morning. We got the sledge out of the shed, I hooked the string round my finger and dragged him on it on the bike through the fresh snow, just an inch or so it, all the way to school. Big smiles all round all the way there - recommended.
  • Two anti-rants in two days :D

Got home, barely. The hill I live near the top of was covered in snow and the road was completely white with no tracks at all in front of me.

I pulled up at the bottom of the drive and stepped off the bike, as the drive was deep with snow and treacherous to cycle on.

Just as I step off the bike, a white van pulls up next to me and the driver gesticulates at me, and then up the hill; clearly offering me a lift with bike to the top! :shock: :D

I smiled in gratitude and pointed over my shoulder at the drive / house and waved thanks. He smiled, waved back and drove off.

How cool was that? The guy saw someone on a bike struggling in the snow up a cow of a hill and took the time to help. :)

That was a sod of a ride home, very difficult and at times near impossible but that bit right at the very end had me grinning.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Major kudos to the guy cycling along the A801 in the blizzard.
  • Satu
    Satu Posts: 51
    I adore the smell of my kitties' fur when they come in from playing in the snow. That is all!
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Lost 3.5 lbs since last weds, which now puts me at officially under 14 stone and takes my total weight loss tally to 5.5 stone since march.
    Hat + Beard
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    hatbeard wrote:
    Lost 3.5 lbs since last weds, which now puts me at officially under 14 stone and takes my total weight loss tally to 5.5 stone since march.

Blimey, that's impressive. I'm 71kgs at the moment but trying to put on a bit if anything. Think I'll need to start some training if I'm to avoid being destroyed when spring comes around.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • suzyb
    i got employee of the month :D
    SUZANNE IS OUR EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH
    She is not actually an employee but Suzanne Boyle has been doing such a great job building websites for clients of Beattie, Only Marketing and 11tenGroup that I feel she deserves our December Employee of the Month title.

Suzanne has been producing websites like a production line and our clients love them. A huge well done to Ms Boyle.

And yes I am so sad that things like this make me happy.
  • suzyb wrote:
    i got employee of the month :D
    SUZANNE IS OUR EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH
    She is not actually an employee but Suzanne Boyle has been doing such a great job building websites for clients of Beattie, Only Marketing and 11tenGroup that I feel she deserves our December Employee of the Month title.

Suzanne has been producing websites like a production line and our clients love them. A huge well done to Ms Boyle.

And yes I am so sad that things like this make me happy.

susan-boyle-pic-itv-150409-thumb-450x324.jpg

????
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • suzyb
    Last day working on site :D
  • zanes
    zanes Posts: 563
    Ahh, the sun is out, a beautiful relaxing sunday jaunt through various bits of Bath, a taxi driver putting his window down at a set of lights to have a few lines of genial conversation.

Couple that with a driver of a largish mercedes saloon who pulled out from picking up his sunday paper on my side of the road in front of me (5.5/10 for mistake magnitude, 9/10 for me locking up in the slightly damp road and shouting "F*CKING HELL!" at the top of my voice :oops: ), him saying "sorry" through his opening window, pulling up on the other side of the road, dropping his passenger window, saying "I'm really really sorry" several times, me saying "it's fine, don't worry about him", him cracking a small joke and we both part ways amiably.

To be fair, I was going a bit quick down that bit of road. 10/10 for the driver on how to handle a minor mistake/problem out on the road.

All in, a lovely ride :)
  • as I have flat though well I have nice warm walking boots tried them on a wet snowy MTB ride, really fantastic! lovely toasty feet.
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    Had my first go on a Borris Bike on Saturday. Absolutely loved it. Enjoyed being able to pootle, and found it a great way to get about! Excellent.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Really glad that the internet cafe below my flat has been replaced by a Mediterranean/Veggie eaterie. Means my bedroom above the kitchen isn't as cold as last winter and the flat has a welcoming slight warmth to it when I get home :D
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    I was gonna write a whole lot, but really it can be summed up in a few words.

PORRIDGE WITH HONEY, mmmm
  • hatbeard
    nich wrote:
    I was gonna write a whole lot, but really it can be summed up in a few words.

PORRIDGE WITH HONEY, mmmm

No PORRIDGE WITH WHOLE MILK AND OPTIONS HOT CHOCOLATE *drool*

I usually go for skimmed milk to save myself some fat/cals but goddamn that was tasty.
    Hat + Beard
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    Have to thank the chap in Evans@Farringdon.

Several months ago I brought a Bontrager bottle cage.

Now, bare in mind I had forgot which make the bottle cage was, the chap persuaded me to part with my £3 on a Bontrager water bottle.

Woohoo, perfect fit, it seems like they were made for eachother
  • marchant
    marchant Posts: 362
    Going out on the bike for the first time tomorrow :D ; had the pacemaker checked today & all is well so a gentle spin is in order. Only 9 weeks since I last rode....

Edit: Anyone wanna see my scar? :wink:
  • hatbeard
    Just logged onto my quidco account to find out sky has coughed up the £90 cashback which accidentally tracked after I'd been on their site through quidco then gone back the same day and signed up using a sky friends and family employee code for half price package for a year.

Should arrive in my account just in time to do some last minute xmas shopping for myself :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    BT have done something semi fatal to the data lines to the office - I have now returned home, am working at my living room table and with my lunch in a couple of hours time shall be having a glass of Shiraz. :D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • hatbeard
    My Beardhead and woolly viking hat have arrived... can't wait until it snows again so I can debut it on my morning commute :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    hatbeard wrote:
    My Beardhead and woolly viking hat have arrived... can't wait until it snows again so I can debut it on my morning commute :lol:

Now that is actually slightly insane. I have a huge black furry hat with bear ears however so I suppose I shouldn't be disparaging.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,051
    hatbeard wrote:

Why wait?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • hatbeard
    rjsterry wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:

Why wait?

it'll be too hot :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • hatbeard wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:

Why wait?

and he's afraid he might look slightly silly. :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:

Why wait?

nope no fear of that, it's already been paraded around the office :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    hatbeard wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:

Why wait?

We should have all turned up with those on Friday and seen if anyone could work out who the real Hatbeard was........"I'm the real Hatbeard!" "No I'm the real Hatbeard" :lol:
  • hatbeard
    JZed wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:

Why wait?

We should have all turned up with those on Friday and seen if anyone could work out who the real Hatbeard was........"I'm the real Hatbeard!" "No I'm the real Hatbeard" :lol:

it's when I take it off and I still look the same that would give it away :lol:
    Hat + Beard