Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• We could go all 'Inception' here and suggest that you are in fact wearing 2 Viking hats.....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Team xmas lunch.
    Steak, sausage, chips, egg, bubble & squeak, mushrooms, cauliflower cheese, spotted dick, helped along with a Guinness.
    Ready for a nap.

Supposed to be running home tonight... :?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Just received a cheque for £50, a bonus for being employee of the month :D
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Well. It's - what? 20 to 3, kids, wife, in-laws are in bed; sisters etc have been in touch to say Happy NewYear. Hat+Beard seems to have taken on the Stats mantle for the new year, and all is well. Howrelaxed and happy is it possible to be?

Very - that's how much.

A big big big thanks to all, and a huge High-5 to everyone on the stats board.

Life's good y'know. Let's enjoy it. HNY.
  • CiB
    edited January 2011
    ---
  • hatbeard wrote:
    My Beardhead and woolly viking hat have arrived... can't wait until it snows again so I can debut it on my morning commute :lol:

thats brilliant, I so want on of those, quite fancy the fu manchu moustache attachment too
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I have just managed to repair my (assumed to be) terminally fubar-ed dishwasher whilst simultaneously keeping my six year old girl entertained and vanquishing a hangover. I am every kind of awsome!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • yey for no work today. my employer gives us all an extra day off :D
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,051
    SimonAH wrote:
    I have just managed to repair my (assumed to be) terminally fubar-ed dishwasher whilst simultaneously keeping my six year old girl entertained and vanquishing a hangover. I am every kind of awsome!

That's some mad parenting skillz!
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    On October 5th I wrote in the rants thread about two pissed blokes that had a physical at me in a beer garden forcing me to give one of them a hard right in th face.

Today I met them again.

They both approached and then apologised for their behaviour, shook my hand and we chatted for 20 minutes.

I am stunned and my faith in human nature has had a large mug of Horlicks.

I'm also feeling bloody lucky as the one who showed me the missing tooth is a good few stones muscelier than I am.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    SimonAH wrote:
    On October 5th I wrote in the rants thread about two pissed blokes that had a physical at me in a beer garden forcing me to give one of them a hard right in th face.

Today I met them again.

They both approached and then apologised for their behaviour, shook my hand and we chatted for 20 minutes.

I am stunned and my faith in human nature has had a large mug of Horlicks.

I'm also feeling bloody lucky as the one who showed me the missing tooth is a good few stones muscelier than I am.

Yob!

:lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Bigging up Matt@EvansinBrizzle for sorting out my Gore Phantom jacket. Dropped it in on 15/12 and was told 28 days to repair/replace the broken zip. Left them to it till this time last week which drew no joy, as did saturdays visit but did promise a conclusion by today. I called in on the way home and within 15 mins was riding home with a new jacket in my bag, albeit red opposed to the grey I broke.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    SJS Cycles; for both dealing with a warranty issue and an item that wasn't dispatched 15months ago but I've only just realised it! :oops:
  • thanks to the white van man on Jamaica Road this morning who anticipated that I'd want to go round a bus which was pulling in to a stop and wouldn't have had time to unless he slowed down. much appreciated mate, and very refreshing. you even hung back a bit as I passed the parked van further down the road, lovely :)
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Thanks to the driver of the Rav 4-type vehicle who hung back to let me pass the bus at Clapham Common this morning.
  • redvee
    To the driver of the Fiesta or Ka behind me on York road, thanks for stopping when I dropped my bottle and letting me spin round to pick it up.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    A big thanks to the sensible driver in charge of a large lorry this morning on Embankment between CB and AB. He stayed well back, instead of driving up my @rse or trying to overtake, and only overtook at the point when wyou pass the Flower Show grounds i.e. when he loads of room.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Cafewanda
    My thanks to the drivers at Hyde Park roundabout yesterday afternoon with the exception of one.
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Cafewanda wrote:
    My thanks to the drivers at Hyde Park roundabout yesterday afternoon with the exception of one.

that's a very glass half full outlook on life madam :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Cafewanda wrote:

Which one - you can't leave us hanging :D
  • Cafewanda
    In the 'Rants' thread. Roadsafe is my friend on this occasion. :)
  • CiB
    Putting the bike back together after a good clean, I was stood in the garage wishing I'd got some carbon grease and then found some, hidden behind various pots of stuff. Result. If only Spurs had scored against Man Ure at the same moment my day would have been made.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    First ride in for a month - post Flu bug and Christmas / New Year hiatus. I am knackered, finding it hard to breathe, was late, struggled the entire way in, coughing and wheezing and it appears still not fully cleared of the bug.

You know what? I don't care. It was great just bimbling along the pitch black country lanes and being out on the bike again. Give it a couple of weeks and I'll be back to my usual crappy pace and trying to improve my times again :D
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • flicksta
    flicksta Posts: 157
    To the black cab driver today with whom I had a good chat stopped at a set of lights. Good bloke, nice to talk with someone about the state of the roads, good/bad cyclists and good /bad drivers in a decent spirit.
  • northstar
    northstar Posts: 407
    Thanks to the white van driver for holding back the cars with your indicator so I could cycle throug the pinch point crossing islands along Parkside (Wimbledon Common) asmorning about half 10ish, very kind of you and much appreciated.
    Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.
  • redvee
    The local Council deserve a thumbs up. I reported a pothole on Friday night when I got home and this morning there was a stretch of new tarmac where the hole was, I also used the CTC fillahole webby which might have hastened matters up. I've reported another today on the strength of the above so all being well it should be filled by thursday.
  • Thanks to the taxi driver this morning, who'd slowed before lights to let a car out onto the road while I was coming up the left hand side. The car driver had obviously seen me as was thinking twice about pulling out in front of me (+1 to drivers this morning), until I obviously slowed and signalled I was ok with it. Then as I went past the taxi driver I looked into the cab to see if he'd seen me and he gave me a thumbs up as if to say 'peace be between all motorists and cyclists' (+2 to drivers this morning).
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    Yey for high pressure.

Crisp and clear this morning, awesome sunrise over the fields and the Thames Estuary, sky was on fire (so were my legs).

W
  • Obie
    Obie Posts: 51
    To the white van man who not only flashed me to let me pass but also moved over into a gap in parked cars to give me alot of room. Thank you very much! It put a smile on my face and made the rest of my commute much more enjoyable. :D
    FCN 8.
  • I'm astounded and amazed- Lambeth Council have ACTUALLY filled in a pothole. Huge one on the dulwich road near Brockwell park that you could fit a body in (okay not that big but enough to easily make your teeth mix with road) and it was gone within a few days. Top marks to whoever reported that one!
    Giant Defy 3
    FCN 5

All wrenching and no riding makes me frickin' angry...