Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• The skies have opened here... wish you luck!

Oh well, I got a 5 minute downpour about 5:15, then it dried up again, so I guess I was quite lucky, at least compared to what came later :D
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    The early sun filtering through the mist on Putney Green at 0700 this morning was beautiful.
  • Putney Cycles - they got Cotter pins, the winter hack is now complete and I've never been there before.

Nice Shop, really helpful. Chap from Evans said they would help - they did.

Good show all round
    No Babbit No, Look what Birdy doing
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    At last a comfortable chair :D
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    suzyb wrote:
    Not the comfy chair <dramatic chords...>
  • suzyb
    2 anti-rants in one day. Wtf was in my water :shock:

Called the bank to activate my credit card. Not only was the woman who took my call very pleasant and quite chatty but she was British, Scottish to be more precise. In fact I think she may have been in the Motherwell call centre 10 miles away.

Aaaand they have the signs up for Pedal for Scotland on Sunday. Saw a "Caution Cyclists" sign at a roundabout the route goes round and an arrow indicating which exit to take. I'm quite excited now :wink:
  • CiB wrote:
    suzyb wrote:
    Not the comfy chair <dramatic chords...>

Amongst our weapons are..................
  • I love the anti-rants thread.
    Just sayin'
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • CiB
    Did 3 pointless additional bits on the route home tonight adding an extra 5 miles or so on, as it was brilliant evening, there was no wind and I just felt like it. What a great way of going home, on a bike. All is well.
  • Woke up to the sound of rain on the skylights and looked out to see a very wet world. Ten minutes later the rain stopped and the sun started to rise. Cycled in without the need for water proofing apart from my overshoes. Result!
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Woken up well before eight by my six year old girl who hates you to sleep when she's up. It's now nine fifteen and I'm waiting for her in the study and she's still not even dressed. Aaaarght! But I love her more than cheese so it's OK. :D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Riding on the South Circular Road today and pulled up next to a bloke on a very nice Ducati at a red light.
    I look at him, he looks at me.
    "Race ya!" I say as the lights change and sprint off.
    He (obviously) overtakes me, but seems to stick to the speed limit, so I catch up to him at the next lights.
    We look at each other again, this time with me grinning. He looks the bike over then says,
    "You've got nicer legs than my missus." Then zooms off as the lights change again.
    I catch up to him at the next set of lights and say to him,
    "She needs to get a bike then!"
    He replies, "Nah, she needs a face lift first!"

I laugh, he laughs. Smiles all round.
    I then left him for dust in heavy traffic.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Okay, there's been some justified vituperation on the site recently,

You lost me after the first sentence, I thought a vituperation was a snake

So here's some bird with big knockers.

scousebyooty.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • My life is complete.

Was out watching the last bit of the Stoke stage of the Tour of Britain when I got a bottle hurled at me by one of the Team Sky riders, hit me right on the bottom of the leg, was a quarter full so it hurt a bit.

But now I have a bottle! :D:D:D
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    While has the fat bird been posted on here repeatedly?

This morning I'm filtering in traffic heading to the loampit vale roundabout at lewisham and there's a motorbike in front of me (middle of 2 lanes of cars) he clocks me in his mirror and when the opportunity arrises he pulls to one side and waves me through, I give him the thumbs up and weave my way through the traffic

Awesome work there Kawasaki man
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    yesterday on the way home it showed all the signs of starting to hammer it down and I'd not got my waterproof

but it didn't so I was a happy camper
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • CiB
    Clever Pun wrote:
    While has the fat bird been posted on here repeatedly?

Dunno. Are we trying to get our own equivalent of the pic of Andrew Neil wearing a vest & peaked cap, in a clinch with young beauty Pamela Bordes - Private Eye [used to] print it in every issue in response to readers' convoluted requests; viz "I wonder if you could show an example of an older man demonstrating how the modern youth like to see us dress?" etc.

This is the one
  • CiB
    Bloke on The World At One was just making the point - in response to the news item about a 7 year-old girl who walks 20 yards to a bus stop unattended to go to school and whose parents are under threat of investigation by the local authority for allowing her to do it - that the more children there are walking to school the more motorists are likely to expect them to be there, so it's a self-perpetuating safety measure. Sound familiar?
  • suzyb
    My name is in today's Scottish Sun :D

As part of the Pedal for Scotland role call, not anything nedish. Top of the 5th column on page 3 of the supplement.

Looking at the times of the 100 mile riders I think I might enter that one next year. Pretty sure I could manage 100 miles in 9 hours with another years worth of cycling behind me.
  • suzyb wrote:

As part of the Pedal for Scotland role call, not anything nedish. Top of the 5th column on page 3 of the supplement.

Looking at the times of the 100 mile riders I think I might enter that one next year. Pretty sure I could manage 100 miles in 9 hours with another years worth of cycling behind me.

You read the Sun? :shock:

Well done though, go for the 100 miles, its not too bad at all, just need to put the miles in.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • suzyb
    suzyb wrote:

You read the Sun? :shock:

Well done though, go for the 100 miles, its not too bad at all, just need to put the miles in.
    No I don't.

That's one of the advantages of working on site in a PR firm. They get all the main national newspapers (including the trashy tabloids) so I didn't even have to buy the paper to have a look at the PfS supplement :D
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Is this you Suzy?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • suzyb
    I wish :(
  • A private hire vehicle (an MPV bus type one at that) flashed me out as i was riding my bike.

I nearly fell off i was so surprised!
  • Matt.K
    Matt.K Posts: 105
    New personal best last night!
    8.8 miles in 27mins 06secs.
    Average speed 19.4mph

Reckon it could of been under 27mins if it wasn't for the woman in the silver BMW who drove incredibly slowly towards me though a slalom of staggered parked cars whilst flicking her hair around, forcing me to wait. That was the 7 seconds needed right there!

Anyway, it's still a massive improvement on my previous of 28.30.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Bike wasn't in it's rack this evening but then I remembered I'd dropped it off for servicing in the morning. Yay! Shiny clean bike with no squeaks or rattles, new cables and new bar tape.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

A commute home without drama, nothing, zilch!

LOVE IT!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,747
    Glad your luck has improved - you seemed pretty hacked off. Scary talk of ditching cycle commuting :shock:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    First commute by bike in ages (been working at a customer site miles away, and not a simple way to ride) and it was just glorious... Sunshine, beautiful temperatures, really enjoyed being back on the bike... lovely. Extended the ride home 'cos I was enjoying it so much

Who'd have thunk a car breaking down would have been a positive?
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • suzyb
    Getting away an hour early today so the office can be rearranged for a company conference tomorrow :D