Slow Rides For Unfit People - Rutland ROAD Ride Sun 9th Sept

Comments

• CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    I'm really looking forward to this ride just so someone with the knowledge of the area can show us the routes. Hopefully they'll be more "unfit knackers on tour" rides in other areas too to enjoy.
  • Cheshley
    Cheshley Posts: 1,448
    Frostys wrote:
    Would anyone be interested in a day out in the Chilterns or Woburn during the late spring early summer?

Would be interested mate, depends on me getting my pass stamped and travelling funds but hopefully yeah.
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill
    2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
    2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • Frostys
    Frostys Posts: 277
    Was thinking of doing the same as we have here put it out there with rough dates and let the majority decide specifics. There is some good single track and fire roads around the north end of the Chilterns but not too technical can build good 20/25 mile loops.

I'm pretty flexible now start new job on Monday and will be working Mon to Fri so happy days. :D
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Guerciotti Lyra Cross
    Trek 6000 S/S
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    hmm hadn't seen this before, i'm based just north of nottingham and wouldn't mind tagging along, can anyone fill me in with the details as i don't fancy reading all 8 pages?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Frostys
    Yep.. quick overview meet at the car park near ladybower res at 0930 on the 28th Feb doing 20/25 miles with something cold and frothy afterwards.

If ya want more details read Cheshleys post on the first page.

Look forward to seeing ya out there.
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Guerciotti Lyra Cross
    Trek 6000 S/S
  • CraigXXL wrote:
    I'm really looking forward to this ride just so someone with the knowledge of the area can show us the routes. Hopefully they'll be more "unfit knackers on tour" rides in other areas too to enjoy.

Craig, your'e a gem, you've just given me a brill idea, your title of' UNFIT KNACKERS ON TOUR' is a brill name for us as a group if we intend to get together more often, i could build a website dead easy where we could upload any pics, vids comments etc; on each of the rides we do, the website designing is free through 'yolasite.com' i already have one for my turtles....for a quick peek at what i can do google STEVESTURTLEPAGE.

Give me your thoughts on this guys..........':D'
    2001 Cove Stiffee FR
    Trek liquid 10
    Dolan Hercules Carbon
  • Cheshley
    ilovedirt wrote:
    hmm hadn't seen this before, i'm based just north of nottingham and wouldn't mind tagging along, can anyone fill me in with the details as i don't fancy reading all 8 pages?

Do you know the area? Car park at the Visitor's centre at Ladybower Reservoir, Copy this into Google Maps: 53.400412, -1.742291
    This is the starting point. As you drop into the visitor's centre off the roundabout (3rd exit), the main building is on your right and just after that on the right you'll see the road goes up steeply towards an upper level and the exit. I should be parked on the upper level. If (as has been previously mentioned) the car park is full, leave the car park, back onto the road and head back towards the A57, about 100ish yards on the left there is a parking lay-by. Use this and bike back down to the visitor's centre (you've just saved yourself about 4 quid). I'll post a few days before the ride and confirm all this anyway. If the weather is crappy (which isn't unheard of in the Peak District in February) there shouldn't be a problem getting into the car park as the Ramblers will stay away. You're looking for an old burgundy Vauxhall Omega with roof bars and a 6ft 5 bloke on a Specialized FSR XC Comp. I'm going to print the Bike Radar logo and stick it in the car window!!!!!

Meeting at 9.30 for a 10am start

Rich
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • Frostys
    CraigXXL wrote:

Craig, your'e a gem, you've just given me a brill idea, your title of' UNFIT KNACKERS ON TOUR' is a brill name for us as a group if we intend to get together more often, i could build a website dead easy where we could upload any pics, vids comments etc; on each of the rides we do, the website designing is free through 'yolasite.com' i already have one for my turtles....for a quick peek at what i can do google STEVESTURTLEPAGE.

Give me your thoughts on this guys..........':D'

I've had the same idea but don't have the tech skills to deliver, a UKOT MTB website would be an excellent idea me thinks.... anyone else?
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Guerciotti Lyra Cross
    Trek 6000 S/S
  • maloo
    maloo Posts: 214
    well if anyone needs a hand setting a website up, just give me a shout. Really looking forward to this ride as I not been out on my bike for over a month now :shock:
  • maloo wrote:
    well if anyone needs a hand setting a website up, just give me a shout. Really looking forward to this ride as I not been out on my bike for over a month now :shock:

Hey maloo, will have a mida with you whilst on ride regarding t' website, i could pick a brain cell or two on the subject !!!!!!

P.S.....not been on yer bike fer a month, that's a bloody lifetime mate, you'll have to learn how t' balance yerself again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody got any stabilisers!!!! ':lol:'
    2001 Cove Stiffee FR
    Trek liquid 10
    Dolan Hercules Carbon
  • maloo
    maloo Posts: 214
    yeah i think stabilizers could be a good idea :lol:
  • kangaroo
    kangaroo Posts: 1,199
    im starting to worry about my fitness for this ride as i havent been out since before christmas
    what are brakes for again
  • stumpym4
    stumpym4 Posts: 216
    kangaroo wrote:
    im starting to worry about my fitness for this ride as i havent been out since before christmas

You`ll be fine then ... no different to anyone else i think ! :D
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    On One 853 single speed
    Pinnacle Arkose 2 - cross bike
    Pinnacle Ramin 3 plus - Bike packing bike
    Cube attain GTC Pro road bike - more relaxed road bike
    Giant scr1 road bike
  • Hmmmm I might be coming if it's not pissing down, Hubby will bring me and he'll go off taking piccies in the area.
    You all won't mind a slow lone female with you?
    Caz xx
  • stumpym4 wrote:
    kangaroo wrote:

I agree with stumpym4 totally, as the post heading reads A (VERY) SLOW RIDE IN THE PEAK DISTRICT FOR US UNFIT PEOPLE.

The pace will be set for the slowest rider so that means all of us!!!! ':lol:'
    2001 Cove Stiffee FR
    Trek liquid 10
    Dolan Hercules Carbon
  • Hmmmm I might be coming if it's not pissing down, Hubby will bring me and he'll go off taking piccies in the area.
    You all won't mind a slow lone female with you?
    Caz xx

Welcome back Caz, not at all, the more the merrier, The peak district won't know what's hit it when we get there.....!!!!!!!! ':lol:'
    2001 Cove Stiffee FR
    Trek liquid 10
    Dolan Hercules Carbon
  • I know what WILL hit it, me when I fall off :lol:
    Caz xx
  • I know what WILL hit it, me when I fall off :lol:
    Caz xx

I like the style......well am sure you won't be the only one raising a laugh on the day.. ':lol:'
    2001 Cove Stiffee FR
    Trek liquid 10
    Dolan Hercules Carbon
  • kangaroo
    stumpym4 wrote:
    kangaroo wrote:

thanks, i feel better already :D

first time i went to the peaks was on a demo day and we just did a lttle loop by ladybower carkpark, and i really enjoyed that

the second time i went was a lot faster and harder and we must of done over 20 to 25 miles and i was complety recked. the time i started worry was when we reached ladybower carpark and i realized that from the place where i had parked the car to ladybower by road was about 30 mins by car and we had to get back (thats what i thought at the time, dont know how far it actully was. the car was parked about 10mins in a car south of hope)
  • Frostys
    I know what WILL hit it, me when I fall off :lol:
    Caz xx

whoop whoop welcome back caz... Is hubby going to be the official photographer? remind him to bring the chalk for the olines :wink:

Pics will come in handy for relatives identifying remains afterwards :lol:
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Guerciotti Lyra Cross
    Trek 6000 S/S
  • ilovedirt
    Cheshley wrote:
    ilovedirt wrote:

Do you know the area? Car park at the Visitor's centre at Ladybower Reservoir, Copy this into Google Maps: 53.400412, -1.742291
    This is the starting point. As you drop into the visitor's centre off the roundabout (3rd exit), the main building is on your right and just after that on the right you'll see the road goes up steeply towards an upper level and the exit. I should be parked on the upper level. If (as has been previously mentioned) the car park is full, leave the car park, back onto the road and head back towards the A57, about 100ish yards on the left there is a parking lay-by. Use this and bike back down to the visitor's centre (you've just saved yourself about 4 quid). I'll post a few days before the ride and confirm all this anyway. If the weather is crappy (which isn't unheard of in the Peak District in February) there shouldn't be a problem getting into the car park as the Ramblers will stay away. You're looking for an old burgundy Vauxhall Omega with roof bars and a 6ft 5 bloke on a Specialized FSR XC Comp. I'm going to print the Bike Radar logo and stick it in the car window!!!!!

Rich
    Cheers, i don't honestly have a clue where it is though - i don't drive, so i was wondering if i could blag a lift off anyone coming from my direction? (notts) i'll of course be happy to go halves on the cost of fuel.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • stumpym4
    stumpym4 Posts: 216
    Anyone coming from the Birmingham area and needs a lift ??
    Could really do with splitting diesel costs :(

Tony
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    On One 853 single speed
    Pinnacle Arkose 2 - cross bike
    Pinnacle Ramin 3 plus - Bike packing bike
    Cube attain GTC Pro road bike - more relaxed road bike
    Giant scr1 road bike
  • Frostys wrote:
    I know what WILL hit it, me when I fall off :lol:
    Caz xx

whoop whoop welcome back caz... Is hubby going to be the official photographer? remind him to bring the chalk for the olines :wink:

Pics will come in handy for relatives identifying remains afterwards :lol:

I'll get him to take pics before we leave so we can identify bodies by the bikes we are on, he'll probs sabotage my bike anyway as he's sulking that he's not playing out :lol:
    Caz xx
  • Sup boys and girlies, haven't posted on here for a while but I'll be joining you on this little doobry wotsit, and travelling with Cheshley so if you miss the 6ft odd dude then look for a smaller man standing next to a 6ft odd dude then you can't go wrong, much love and see you on the day...............I promise to make the first mile after that I may need help!! Lol
  • Cheshley
    It's about time you showed your face Rob!!!!!!!
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill

• Cheshley
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Cheshley wrote:
    ilovedirt wrote:

Rich
    Cheers, i don't honestly have a clue where it is though - i don't drive, so i was wondering if i could blag a lift off anyone coming from my direction? (notts) i'll of course be happy to go halves on the cost of fuel.

Ermmmm, not sure if anyone is coming from that way mate. It seems that most people are coming from t'other (wrong) side of the Pennines, Brum or Leeds/Wakey.

@Caz, nice to hear you've got your pass stamped, hope Hubby isn't sulking too much but we have an able mechanic just in case he's cut your brake cables!!!!!!
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill

• The mechanic says....... Hmmmm let me see my list:

Workshop

Stabilisers

Brakes parts

Powerlinks

Tools

Hammer

Has anybody got a trailer i can tow behind me bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ':?'
    2001 Cove Stiffee FR
    Trek liquid 10
    Dolan Hercules Carbon
  • Cheshley
    The mechanic says....... Hmmmm let me see my list:

Workshop

Stabilisers

Brakes parts

Powerlinks

Tools

Hammer

Has anybody got a trailer i can tow behind me bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ':?'

If it helps I'll carry the powerlinks for ya :wink:
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill

• kangaroo
    you forgot the 102 spare innertubes
  • ilovedirt
    Cheshley wrote:
    Ermmmm, not sure if anyone is coming from that way mate. It seems that most people are coming from t'other (wrong) side of the Pennines, Brum or Leeds/Wakey.
    damn, i'll just have to keep my eyes/ears peeled i guess
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5