Food Room 101

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Greg T wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Any food shop that advertises its wares with a backlit price board, above the counter, with photos of the food on it without exception sells nothing but crap. This law is inviolate.

Unless drunk.

Then mechanically recovered and shaped bone strippings are Godly

Whoever said Kebabs are 101 has allowed themselves to sober up and needs to get back on the sauce or they'll get left behind when the hugging / fighting starts

I've only eaten KFC twice - once on a Uni Caving expedition and students are meant to be stupid. The other time was indeed while drunk. It still tasted foul. This leads on to another inviolate rule which is that you should never eat anything that comes in a bucket. It comes in a bucket for a reason......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    fresh tuna is one of mankinds great achevments
    tinned is like riding a rubbish bike thats been in a big box full of salty water for the last 10 years, horrible...
    I like bikes and stuff
  • essexian
    essexian Posts: 187
    Okay, got shouted at yesterday for suggesting all dead animal products should be placed into Room 101, so am holding on fast for the abuse I will get for suggesting that the horrible, sticky crap that is chocolate be banned from this green and lovely planet.

Come on, admit it, chocolate in any form is horrible (from a bloke who eats at least a kilo of mushrooms a week).
  • joshtp
    OOOOHHHHKAAAAYYY
    the person that does'nt like chocolate is
    A: extremly sad and slightly mental and
    B: has never eaten proper 70% green and blacks, or similar.... you cant not like it!
    ill aggree that cheap chocolate isnt very nice.... but its OK, i dont dislike it!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    RolfF
    You've had KFC twice the number of times I ever have.
    I will never go there again
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • essexian
    essexian Posts: 187
    Can't argue with "A" but even Green and Blacks is horrible.
  • Chocolate is like sex though, even when it's really quite bad, it's still really quite good.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Attica wrote:
    RolfF
    You've had KFC twice the number of times I ever have.
    I will never go there again

but was it foul? (yes I saw that RolfF)

mushrooms should only be fried in butter

I used to share your hatred of the fungus but have been turned... not exactly sure when or how though, possibly posh restaurant and porchinis?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • joshtp
    essexian wrote:
    you, then, too, are mildy mad....
    green and blacks maya gold is an education into what heaven is like, Yorkie on the other hand is like pergutry (is that how you spell it?)
    no, even then though, its not unpleasent pergutry, its just not very nice either...
    I like bikes and stuff
  • essexian wrote:
    green and blacks maya gold is an education into what heaven is like, Yorkie on the other hand is like pergutry (is that how you spell it?)
    no, even then though, its not unpleasent pergutry, its just not very nice either...

Now now, while G&B's is nice, there is always a time and place for Yorkie. Behave yourself. It might be just once a year but its not purgatory - yorkie easter eggs are and always will be the best.

Not entirely sure there is anything not already processed I won't eat... Not had bathchaps before or brain and suspect I won't ever on the 2nd. Butter fried fresh mushrooms (with or without garlic) is a mainstay in my full english's.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    essexian wrote:

Now now, while G&B's is nice, there is always a time and place for Yorkie. Behave yourself. It might be just once a year but its not purgatory - yorkie easter eggs are and always will be the best.

yorkie is like the Fosters of chocolate
  • joshtp
    what? cheap, weak, and not very nice.....?
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    For me it would probably be cranberries. They're not nice juiced, dried, in a sauce, or as they come, and have a habit of appearing in things unexpectedly.

I tend to agree, but you should try Konditor & Cook's Boston brownies (with cranberries) - truly the best brownie you can buy - FACT.

2055892462_850a4c2e5f.jpg

Except, perhaps, for the Cinnamon Tree Bakery's brownies...

Liver, on the other hand.... And I'm with cjcp on (tinned) tuna. And olives.
  • OK. I have to lay down a few FACTS for you people...

IP, you are sick and wrong on so many levels for letting maple syrup anywhere near the delight that is an english breakfast. :shock: :?

As an aside: an english breakfast has to have black pudding. Mmmmmm bloody. Discuss.

Tuna is great. I like tuna in sushi, steak (my least favourite of the tuna options) and tinned. In fact, fish is great in general.

Brownies with cranberries are for the clinically insane, and the best brownies in the world are the ones I make. (Now available without nuts)

Mushrooms are yummy.

Of all the fast food options, KFC is the one I would choose. You have to pick carefully from the menu though.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Brownies with cranberries are for the clinically insane, and the best brownies in the world are the ones I make. (Now available without nuts)

Ooh goody, I hate nuts. I'd like to place an order please, for brownies and perhaps some sort of meat pie?
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    the best brownies in the world are the ones I make.
    ]

+1. Metaphorically slobbering at the memory...!!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    + 1 for the back pudding LiT - also chocolate (being vegetable based) counts as on of your five a day - FACT
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Of all the fast food options, KFC is the one I would choose. You have to pick carefully to find the chicken though.

Fixed that for you.

It's an old one, but it's great: KFC = Kan't Find Chicken.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Bacon and Black Pudding, in a morning roll with HP sauce. There are few finer things in life.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    + 1 for the back pudding LiT -

black pudding is awesome

putting maple syrup on bacon stops it being and english breakfast LiT
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • cjcp
    Bacon and Black Pudding, in a morning roll with HP sauce. There are few finer things in life.

That's a beautiful meal. :D
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    + 1 for the back pudding LiT -

black pudding is awesome

putting maple syrup on bacon stops it being and english breakfast LiT

I refer you to IP's post.
    When i was in Canada I'd pop a large American pancake on my plate, top it with a full English (beans no sausage) garnish it with a liberal amount of maple syrup and then pop another pancake on top. Now that was a breakfast. Had that every day for 3 months, but when your skiing in those temps you need all the calories you can get.

Ewwww. :shock:
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    edited January 2010

Ooh goody, I hate nuts. I'd like to place an order please, for brownies and perhaps some sort of meat pie?

Excellent choice sir. We currently have goose, turkey, venison, or the special which is beef wellington pie, being fillet steak and pate with a light gravy.

Actually scratch that. The beef wellington pie is mine.
  • Jay dubbleU
    edited January 2010
    When I was with the Canadian Forces we got given steak and eggs followed by pancakes and maple syrup for breakfast - mmmmmmmmmm 8)

Probably not worth going for 6 months without daylight on second thoughts
  • cjcp
    Asparagus.

Rancid stuff.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Jay dubbleU
    cjcp wrote:
    Asparagus.

Rancid stuff.

Makes your wee smell funny or is that just me ?
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155

Excellent choice sir. We currently have goose, turkey, venison, or the special which is beef wellington pie, or fillet steak and pate with a light gravy.

Actually scratch that. The beef wellington pie is mine.

Oh man, I'll take one of each!

*drool
  • cjcp
    Dunno. It's feckin' disgusting, so it's never had the chance to get that far.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Venison pie please LiT and a brownie or two too... Unfort my killer recipe for brownies involves chopped walnuts or pecans.

Flour power brownies are rather good too - and when frozen and thawed are still good. No nuts either.

Nicely reminded myself they have a stall nearby on fridays...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Sweetcorn
    Raspberries
    Salad Cream
    Tinned tomato soup

4 things my wife adores and I loathe.

Sprouts are OK by me, though

It's just a hill. Get over it.