Rockrider 5 XC 2009

Comments

• JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    jeez, i was only joking,and yes i do ride something along the lines of my bike :roll:
    when you are riding something along the lines of your bike.
  • JamesBrckmn
    ....Anyway, back to business- well some good news and some bad news.
    I had originally planned to ride to school today, then found i had a p*ncture, so i couldn't cycle to school :(
    But the good news is my beto shock pump arrived to day, for my recons, from the wooly hat shop. i am very impressed with them, partly because the pump is better than i expected, and also, the very quick delivery- i only ordered them on sunday!
  • wetherbob
    wetherbob Posts: 122
    wetherbob- i ride surrey hills (mainly homebury ad pitch- only done leith once) and occasionally go to swinley. i also ride hydons ball, hascombe hill and rodborough common. I live in bargate wood, above the inn on the lake
    coolio. im ashamedly unfamiliar with surrey hills... been there once or twice. Rodborough common kicks ass though =D i do a bit of XC there. :D
    I live the other side of Godalming, Farncombe area. Do you go to Rodborough school?
  • JamesBrckmn
    yes, i do go to rodborough- do you?
    which surrey hill did you go to? you might be able to come with me and my friends sometime, so we can show you around the trails up there
  • wetherbob
    cool. i've been to the bit between guildford and farnham. lol. and yeah used to go there, in the first year of college now. at godalming. :D
  • JamesBrckmn
    oh cool. what do you ride?
  • wetherbob
    errr... i ride a claud butler d27 with a few upgrades... needs a new headset at the moment though, so cant do anything this week...
    i do commuting mostly but id like to do more All mountain stuff.

However, i recently bought a second hand kona stuff frame with a headset... because it was cheaper than buying a new headset :roll:
    picking it up this weekend and should be building it up with everything from the claud butler... so it'll turn into some hideous XC/DJ freak lol.
  • coxy17
    coxy17 Posts: 401
    your bike looks that old :lol:

oohf, not a bad joke for a 10 year old. good luck saving for your pitch on your £6 a week paper round.

i just do a paper round look what ive managed to do to my bike
  • JamesBrckmn
    coxy, your bike is really good- better than mine :evil:

I had a close one today with the Recons, with a ride coming up on Saturday, at Homebury, and Pitch hill, that i'd really been looking forward too: See this thread: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12684857
    I was really worried that i wouldn't be able to ride on Saturday, but luckily there fine now, all fixed, ready to ride!
  • coxy17
    well my bike started off standard 1 year ago and this is what i achieved so if u just set ur sights on some thing and then just save until u get there
  • JamesBrckmn
    How did you manage that and the trek, just on a paper round?
  • coxy17
    no the trek is my dads bike i just take the credit lol

my gt has cost about 1200 all together
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    coxy17 wrote:
    no the trek is my dads bike i just take the credit lol

:roll: i dunno you kids these days :P if your counting that then my dads rocky mountain element pwns your ass's :lol:
  • coxy17
    well im not going to take credit for my mums old Raleigh 8)
  • lawman
    lol i have to admit the trek is nice, if they made a 140mm bike that sat between the ex and the remedy id buy one straight away, wierd they havent done one tho, even spesh have gone 140mm now with the stumpy fsr :?
  • coxy17
    yer what trek have done for 2010 is a bit stupid as the ex furl has gone down to 120mm of travel and the remedy is at 150mm i have hired a remedy and there a bitch too get p the hills but brilliant on the way back down
  • lawman
    coxy17 wrote:
    yer what trek have done for 2010 is a bit stupid as the ex furl has gone down to 120mm of travel and the remedy is at 150mm i have hired a remedy and there a ***** too get p the hills but brilliant on the way back down

yer i demo'd an enduro a few years back and it was a real pain when climbing, but i felt that the stumpy was too light weight for my rather hardriding style :lol: oh well im just waiting to see what we decide to bring in at worl before i buy a new bike, i think mw and the bosses are going to the demoday at cannock to see whats what :)
  • coxy17
    yer i am going to the demo day at cannock should be a go time to try some other bikes with out paying to hire them im demoing the spicy i wonder if that can climb
  • lawman
    hell yes it can climb :) demo'd the 916 last year and it made mince meat of the climbs at cannock, i know they arent huge but i was still surprised how well it climbed. i was gonna test a zesty, as im probably gonna get one, but the whole cock up with the bookings means im now stuck with a saracen ariel, which better be bloody worth it :roll:
  • coxy17
    yer that cock up was really annoying i had to log on in school to book the slots again
    but i dod manage to get some good bikes
  • lawman
    ive managed to get two slots on the saracen together, cant really be arsed with anything else tbh, altho i may explain the cock up to the guys at the lapierre stand and see if i can blag a ride on a zesty. if not look out for a maxlight with red wheels :lol:
  • coxy17
    will do ive got most of the slots booked up just to try different brakes for my bike to see what i like the feel of because my juice 3's just don't cut the mustard hopefully when i get a proper job soon i should be able to spend a bit more on my bike and gear
  • lawman
    i know cannock like the back of my hand so i find it useful to test bikes im interested in buying, then ride my maxlight back to back with it for a fair comparison, theres a demo at rutland water i use to piss about on loads of bikes, i think i had 11 last year :shock:
  • coxy17
    yer there allways a good way of trying parts out just hope i get some idea of new breaks
  • lawman
    id say formula if you can afford them. never been a big avid fan, and id steer clear of magura, had nothing but trouble from my louises. just bought a set of 08 hope minis, gonna bleed them tomorrow afternoon then ill post some pics on here :)
  • coxy17
    i dont like avids mt dad has 5's and they dont seem to have much power and i will be able to stretch my budget if i weight until summer which i will do as my money at the moment is going on a holiday to Switzerland in easter
  • JamesBrckmn
    The juicy range are sh*t, but elixirs are supposed to be good. people are always complaining about juicy's, but i've never heard a bad word said about elixirs
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    The juicy range are sh*t, but elixirs are supposed to be good. people are always complaining about juicy's, but i've never heard a bad word said about elixirs
    i have elixir 5s and they are awesome. and for £135 for a pair you can't go wrong
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651

Codswallop young man!!! Tch Tch

Not all Juicys are bad, it's like anything, there's the bottom end of the range and the top, the lower in this case are Juicy 3's, which lack the refined features of their higher ranking sublings, but with any product, there are people who don't set them up right, have a faulty product etc, you can't assume every Juicy 3 is shite when they are not.

I have had various sets of Juicy's and they have been fine, and my Juicy Carbons were excellent and so were my 7's.

Elixirs are the successors of the Juicy Range and the internals and technology have changed, they are great brakes, and I recommend them. Anyway the Juicys are now 'obsolete' if you will.

However, if I was going to buy a bike with Juicys on or build a cheap one up, I would use Juicy's anytime, howver, as Jay12 said, for £135 for the Elixir 5s (the most basic model) you simlpy cannot go wrong.

Why would anyone buy Juicy when they are available at that price?
  • JamesBrckmn
    I have juicy 3's, and while they are powerful enough, and have some modulation, they have no adjustment, are very hard to align, and rub loads- yesterday my front wheel would only go round twice when i held the wheel in the air and spun it!