London Calling

Comments

• popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    I would say 6.00 as usuall. You will kill a lot of time fuffing with bikes around +Car won't be that fast on motorways.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • Plaisir
    Plaisir Posts: 83
    Yo, got all messages from everyone, phone and on here. Bungalistic has my address and will be coming at 6.15, car is fuelled and ready to go, rack is on roof so we should be able to get out quickly. Supraman if you aim to get here for around then as well but if you get here earlier, just ring me (although I might be in shower) See you all soon
    2009 Marin Wolf Ridge 6.9
  • metalmonkey
    metalmonkey Posts: 144
    Hey sup guys...

Haven't posted casue I have been at work which feels like for ever its been long...

I'm off work Monday-Thursday atm Tuesday I have meeting day time so that out, but the evening and all the other days are looking good however the weathers seems like its all over place doh!

I'm also gonna have a bbq sometime this week with my housemates, so maybe mix it in with a ride? Well back to work in 3 hours sigh!
  • smallred
    smallred Posts: 73
    Anyone for Aston Hill on Weds? Going to blow out some study-induced cobwebs :)
    Trek Fuel EX8
    Kona Lisa HT
    Specialized Tricross Triple
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Great day at Cwmcarn yesterday. A few cuts and scrapes had by a number of us. All good fun, even considering the exhausting initial climb :D

Was unsure about the downhill at first but after a couple of runs I like it a lot now. Can't do that drop though, (or the chicken run!). Face helmet and body armour I think for confidence.

Photos later, and looking forward to the videos :D

Anyway, this week. Once I feel I have my energy back, then my options are evenings after 6pm-ish, otherwise weekends as usual.

Aston Hill - bit far for an evening for me, and an expensive place (considering I'm used to mostly free places :D). Would like to check it out some day though.
  • supra-man
    supra-man Posts: 358
    Iloved cwmcarn, and my crash as well,shed a bit of blood and really earn the title weekend warrior…
    shoulder and wrist are still a bit sore… ashame that was nt on video as it would be spectacular
    Popstar wa right you can’t ride this place with out taking air…
    Loved those table tops nice and easy bottom section of the DH run is impressive with those huge berms…

Bungalistic was impressive as usual on the DH.

I don’t know what happened with popstar twice I could feel him breathing in my neck telling me to go faster and faster , then when I finish no one behind… popstar ghost??

any of you know if those people taking the pictures on the bottom half ( jumps step downs table tops bridge drop.)actually put them online on a website?
    specialized enduro 06 gone snif
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

My Megavalanche qualifier : http://vimeo.com/15094020
  • bungalistic
    bungalistic Posts: 543
    Yeah good day out, Cwmcarn is always good on a nice sunny day. Would really like to hit that DH run on a suss just to see what it felt like, quite a few ok deals on ebay to possibly tempt me. Thanks to Plaisir for driving us through, most appreciated, cheers.

Not sure about the ppl taking photos at the bottom, they could have had something to do with the PS cycles team that were riding there or maybe they were just there as part of the Cwmdown website.

As for Aston Hill we were talking about going there in two weeks maybe for a downhill session day, work on some skills and line choice and just have a day without having to ride up any hills.
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    No riding up hills?!?!

I'm up for a bit of a run in a couple of weeks but that last crash on the DH seems to have done more damage to my arm than I gave it credit for. Probably just pulled muscles though.

Bike needs some work too... last run it sounded like a bag of spanners.
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Atz wrote:
    Bike needs some work too... last run it sounded like a bag of spanners.

Or Cooldads knitting needles :lol:

Anyway anyone up for SH this Sunday? Gotta cheer myself up after my schools parade on Saturday, and the 'fun day' :wink:
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Atz
    No riding for me this weekend but prob the week after should be fine again. Very keen on a skills day at Esher shore and maybe Aston Hill
  • Anonymous
    Can probably make Sunday. I need to true my rear wheel which I've never done before and not sure about doing it myself. Might be okay to run with it as it is for now.

P.S. There's a warning out about some forestry work on at Holmbury:

http://www.friendsofthehurtwood.co.uk/r ... rning.html
  • Should be able to make this Sunday (no crying off with a hangover this time hopefully :D )
  • bungalistic
    bungalistic Posts: 543
    Not around this weekend as i'm up north riding around some lake district hills. Maybe week after we could do the Aston Hill or Esher trip and just have a fun skills/play day.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Sunday should be fine. Thel33ter seems to like truing wheels. Not sure why as it takes care and patience, neither of which he has much of.

Maybe meet 10ish, where?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Do timber trucks drive on Sundays - have my doubts so should be ok.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Atz
    You all live in Woking; should get l33ter to go and collect Kenny's wheel and fix it for him :)

Reminds me I need to check mine too
  • cooldad
    Atz wrote:
    You all live in Woking; should get l33ter to go and collect Kenny's wheel and fix it for him :)

He's only here weekends but sure we could make a plan Saturday.

Anyway funny shaped wheels just add to the excitement.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • thel33ter
    cooldad wrote:
    Atz wrote:

He's only here weekends but sure we could make a plan Saturday.

Anyway funny shaped wheels just add to the excitement.

You would know from your roadie, which you manage to untrue every ride :wink:

@Dkenny - I don't mind having a go at it but I'm out all Saturday, (Cooldad I'll text you later about it) I'll have a go wherever we meet up though.
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Anonymous
    I'm busy Saturday. All I need really is just some pointers on how to do it.
  • thel33ter
    Twiddle the spokes one way, if it gets worse then do it the other way :wink:

Actually just read this, as long as you are systematic its easy.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tooltips/truing.html
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • cooldad
    deadkenny wrote:
    I'm busy Saturday. All I need really is just some pointers on how to do it.

Hammer, whack lumpy bit.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Atz
    Wait... didn't you snap some spokes "truing" a wheel recently? I recall giving you directions to Nirvana for spares :D

Anyway.. where's the videos? Popstar seems to be working too hard this week, usually he's prepared it all by Monday ;)
  • thel33ter
    edited June 2010
    He snapped the spoke attempting to true the wheel :lol: I then put the new spoke in and made the wheel true.
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • cooldad
    Atz wrote:
    Wait... didn't you snap some spokes "truing" a wheel recently? I recall giving you directions to Nirvana for spares :D

Anyway.. where's the videos? Popstar seems to be working too hard this week, usually he's prepared it all by Monday ;)

That was actually my fault - was trying to remove a broken spoke, and I took over from Thel33ter as he was turning it the wrong way, and I proceeded to screw it right through the rimtape and tube. Turns out he was turning it the right way.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    thel33ter wrote:
    He snapped the spokes sitting on the bike :lol: I then put the new spoke in and made the wheel true.

Are you still allowed to beat them?

I'd send him to military academy, but I've already done that.

Mmmm an idea - any more from you and I'll stick a pic up in your Blues.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • thel33ter
    cooldad wrote:
    thel33ter wrote:
    He snapped the spokes sitting on the bike :lol: I then put the new spoke in and made the wheel true.

I didn't say that :wink:
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Helter
    Helter Posts: 137
    Nice one for the weekend, Wales was definitely an adventure!! Will give this weekend a miss an embrace the World Cup but should be out the next
    Charge Duster (RIP)
    Ragley mmmBop
  • JonniOne
    JonniOne Posts: 25
    Hi guys, are you heading to SH this weekend? Would you mind if I tagged along, it would be nice to have a ride with more experienced riders.

If you wouldn't mind a novice riding with you that is :)
    4 Wheels move the body, 2 Wheels move the soul

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
  • cooldad
    We are hoping to make Sunday - The l33ter may have a thing on, but being a bit vague at this point. (@l33ter any news?)
    DK and fatfreddyscat were possibles for Sunday.
    Anyone else to try and make a definite arrangement?
    @JonniOne - don't worry, they let me tag along
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Plaisir, Popstar and Supra-man have been very quiet this week, where are you guys?
    Sunday?

ATZ is in pain, so excused - bet you wished you'd stuck to knitting like me.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools