London Calling

Comments

• popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    Dkenny, will meet you this evening in Swinley at 18.30 then.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • Plaisir
    Plaisir Posts: 83
    K all confirmed now guys I'll only be around on sunday, like I said I can take me +2 and I don't mind where we go, wales and all. Very easy in terms of whether I drive or not, or who goes in who's car, just let me know.
    2009 Marin Wolf Ridge 6.9
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Sounds like its gonna be a really nice day, annoying road rides always getting in the way.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • bungalistic
    bungalistic Posts: 543
    hmmmm £20 could be very do-able providing I don't spend any on that all too tempting uplift. Can't see me riding round the trail twice though like someone may have mentioned, but I do quite enjoy playing on the jump section at the top of the trail
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    I'll know tomorrow as it's been a LONG week at work and I'm behind (just for a change) on stuff. Current plan is for Swinley on the way home from work to stretch the legs too.
  • popstar
    Somehow, but I am not certain ... car N1 = Plaisir, Supraman, Helter. Car N2 = Popstar, Dkenny, ... Bungalistic and Atz didn't confirm as yet.

Other plan is, to stretch legs on Saturday late morning and ride more hardcorish style Pitch+Holmbury and that delicious cheese straws in Peaslake. Hardcore means no or very short amount for chit chat between trails, ladies! :shock:

God bless you all.

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Only reason us ladies stand around chatting is you take so long to plan your next shot.

Latest video looked like fun - seems you've picked up some moves from Thel33ter - hope you didn't get hurt!
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • popstar
    Cooldad, instead of talking you better joined us on group rides Saturday and SWales trip too.

The plan for Saturday warm up is ... Walking bottom carpark at 10.00-10.30 start. And let those climbs appear infront of us! Didn't get enough fix of them, on last ride with Dkenny, Swinley forest is lame!

SWales plan would be ... set off at 6.00 from arranged places and arrive to Cwmcarn by 9.00 . You would never know if Welsh again would play their tricks of closing roads around. Ride Twrch, must have an uplift for Downhill run and if all manage to stay alive, depending on weather ... give another lap of either Downhill run or Twrch without uplift!

Ta.

• popstar wrote:
    The plan for Saturday warm up is ... Walking bottom carpark at 10.00-10.30 start.

I'll join you guys for the Saturday warm up but can't do Wales on Sunday. Will be good to get out for a ride on SH though....
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    popstar wrote:
    Other plan is, to stretch legs on Saturday late morning and ride more hardcorish style Pitch+Holmbury and that delicious cheese straws in Peaslake. Hardcore means no or very short amount for chit chat between trails, ladies! :shock:
    Don't know about hardcore. It's beer'n'curry night tonight so might find it heavy going tomorrow :D.
  • bungalistic
    I can only ride one day this weekend, don't have enough money or free time for both days. I'll find out from the missus tonight which day is best to take off, though the early 6am start on sunday doesn't sound too pleasant.
  • Atz
    More or less the same as Bungalistic in terms of days riding. One or the other for me.

Isn't it supposed to rain in S.Wales on Sunday?
  • Anonymous
    edited June 2010
    It keeps changing according to Metcheck. Was going to be light rain all day, now it's down to just showers in the morning.

If it's a 9am start, it's about 2.5 hours to get there, so 6.30 start. Then again I could have started off much later when we went to Afan given the time the others turned up ;)

Maybe it's going to be best to just all meet up somewhere and work out who's going in what car based on whatever resources we've got.

Anyone got a big people carrier? :D
  • supra-man
    supra-man Posts: 358
    ok lets just set different start times for different cars lol
    the aim is to be there around 9 am . :lol:
    specialized enduro 06 gone snif
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

My Megavalanche qualifier : http://vimeo.com/15094020
  • Atz
    Kenny - You're almost close enough to pick me up on the way ;)
  • bungalistic
    Where would I need to be sunday morning to be able to catch a lift, though I guess I could take ppl also as my car will fit in three ppl and three bikes (maybe more with a rack on)

I'm still not 100% sure I can afford it all though, especially if you're considering uplifts.
  • popstar
    edited June 2010
    it's a bit confusing, Car N1 = Plaisir,Supraman,Helter. Car N2 = Dkenny, Atz ... Popstar/Bungalistic, I can take 3 bikes on a rack with all wheels off into the boot but then 1 rider/bike is left out. Either make it 2 cars with 2 spots or fit 4 bikes into 1 car. The choice is endless. Wish I had a bigger car. The only solution to it, is Plaisir takes 1 extra passenger into his car. But then need to organise a starting point for all at the same place to pull it off. As I have a sedan you wouldn't want to seat in the back and holding someone's frame for 2+hours?! :D

• popstar
    Looks like me,Helter,Dkenny,Fatfredyscat gonna stretch legs in SH this Saturday ... anyone else want to join?

Meeting place would be at: 10.00-10.30 start

Walking Bottom
    Peaslake
    Surrey
    GU5 9RR

Riding standard easy trails over Pitch-Holmbury hills, with least brakes!

• Plaisir
    Plaisir Posts: 83
    I could take three bikes and 4 passengers, would be bloody slow though!
    2009 Marin Wolf Ridge 6.9
  • popstar
    Well, if you tailgate leading car you would be upto speed in no time!

• Anonymous
    Plaisir wrote:
    I could take three bikes and 4 passengers, would be bloody slow though!
    Mine's more 3 bikes but only 1 passenger + driver. Though have to play about with fitting bike frames with one of the split seats up. Might get 3 in the car including driver and 3 bikes at a push.
  • Atz
    Well... depending how we do it, if B drove around to somewhere convenient, Kenny and I could meet him, load up and split the petrol in his car? Then that's 3 per car? It's late so maths not working.
  • popstar
    We have 7 riders to squeeze into 2 cars. Maths suggest we have to get 3 cars. That leaves me with Bungalistic, or I could sit this trip out at home/local ride.

• supra-man
    I dont mind driving if needed, we dont leave anyone behind. 8)
    especially not the organiser. :wink:

In that case leaves a space free for bunglistic (with plaisir) and i can take you or helter, and plaisir will still have 3 people. probably helters bike will be easier to fit in my car.

We just need confirmation that bungalistic can make it. :wink:
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

• bungalistic
    Right ok lets organise a decent place to all meet that's safe to leave cars behind if needed, with or without a rack my car will fit 3 people and 3 bikes, just give me yet again a time, a postcode and i'll be there.

My poor wallet :(
  • popstar
    Ok, looks like it's better if I travel with helter's car.

• Anonymous
    Atz wrote:
    Well... depending how we do it, if B drove around to somewhere convenient, Kenny and I could meet him, load up and split the petrol in his car? Then that's 3 per car? It's late so maths not working.
    It's looking like I wouldn't get 3 bikes in the car with 3 people. I can get 3 people and 2 bikes or 2 people and 3 bikes. Otherwise just go with me and yourself.
  • Atz
    Guess it depends who is around. If two cars are coming from west London then you and I can sort surrey out between us.
  • popstar
    Car N1 = Plaisir, Supraman, Bungalistic. Car N2 = Helter, Popstar. Car N3 = Dkenny, Atz.
    Plaisir is working late tonight, ... hopefully will contact him anyway for details.

• supra-man
    do you know at what time we should be at plaisir?? around 6 30 should be good??
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR