Christmas drinks'n'curry - 18th Dec - CURRY LIST CLOSED

123457»

Comments

• cjcp wrote:
    P.S. A rather amusing ride home...

It was indeed - can't believe Boffo and Ginge managed to crash into each other while staring lovingly into each others eyes...

Much fun was had! Well done CJ.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Cracking evening, despite the Arctic chill. Lovely to see you all (and if I didn't actually speak to you, hopefully next time). Home at 2.10 due to acts of South West Trains (it ran late & I missed the nearest stop to home because I had to walk the bike through the train, short platform and I was in the rear, wasn't warned in time...grrr). I'm not getting much in the way of cycling-based endorphins at the mo, but feel better for that.
    Shame those photos got deleted, eh.........;)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    cjcp wrote:
    +1.Chapeau to the likes of Gert Lush and Attica (where was Redvee?), StuAff and Linsen for making up to The Big Smoke. 8) Good to meet GL for the first time.

Redvee was double booked with a works social p!$$-up. If the original date of the 11th had been kept to then I would have been there.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Was nice to meet everyone, all I can say is my head still hurts a bit :shock:

the underground actually worked so easy trip back. Though anyone know how to fix routers? The one in the house is dead so no wirless network...

Have a great xmas everyone :D
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Was a great night, i think my position as most drunk person is pretty safe, and for those of you I didn't manage to wrestle under the mistletoe consider yourself lucky, Attica youre such a good kisser ;)

tiz true I took JG out, I was quite surprised to find my self on top amonsts a pile of bikes because quite frankly I didn't remember even leaving the pub, still I did manage to rip a couple large holes in my new overshoes and lose a light, and the last of my dignity.

I feel a touch tender this morro and not in a good way :(
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    Was there a party ?

Was I there ?

Did I have fun ?

ooh me head :)

(thanks to LIT for organising, and everyone else for being so friendly to the out-of-towners. Good to meet you all again, catch you soon, Happy Christmas etc etc etc.....)
    Misguided Idealist
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    itboffin wrote:
    Was a great night, i think my position as most drunk person is pretty safe, and for those of you I didn't manage to wrestle under the mistletoe consider yourself lucky, Attica youre such a good kisser ;)

tiz true I took JG out, I was quite surprised to find my self on top amonsts a pile of bikes because quite frankly I didn't remember even leaving the pub, still I did manage to rip a couple large holes in my new overshoes and lose a light, and the last of my dignity.

I feel a touch tender this morro and not in a good way :(

:lol: on no the shoes :lol: did they come off after you ripped them?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • what a great evening thanks guys and gals for making me feel so welcome, I had a thoroughly jolly time, so I didn't get to chat to everyone time just seems to fly!

cheers for organising it again LIT, somehow I didn't get to say thanks and goodbye, but thanks.

I made it back to Paddington with only a few slight detours en route :-) how I managed to actually get lost in paddington itself i'll never know, although did have a strange conversation about Brooks saddles with some random dude who thought I would be the expert on all train time related issues, soley because I had a bike with me!

It was great to but all the names to faces and well done CJCP for winning the converted trophy abd being a jolly nice chap

well done ITB who was by far the drunkest when I left at 10.30, so who knows what happened after that! (and thaks for the champers, nice touch)

I fear there was a lot of beer induced chat about riding lots of miles and doing lots of sportives next year :roll: :D
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    Pictures???? :twisted:
  • Very fun evening indeed - thanks LiT for organising and everyone else for being generally marvellous.
    gert_lush wrote:
    I fear there was a lot of beer induced chat about riding lots of miles and doing lots of sportives next year :roll: :D

Eeek. I am having flashbacks.... what have I let myself in for?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I have pictures and for large sums of cash I won't post them.

I'm tempted to take some snaps of my impressive cuts & bruises, the golf ball sized swelling i'm now sporting on my hip, looks a treat :lol:

Ace!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    I had a lovely evening, and easily drank more than I have since the summer all in one hit ...... (though that isn't saying much!)

Thanks Liv for organising such a lovely evening, and I'd like to say what a thoroughly nice bunch of friends I have made here in the last year.

Gregs - what a funny rice standoff I witnessed.

ITB - you do get the "most drunk" prize, though I would like to give Biondino a special mention for managing to fall ove rthe back of the sofa and end up lying down with a nearly-full pint of beer still intact - now that takes real skill

Happy weekending all
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    I want to say "Yes I am home, whey" and it was a great day (since I managed to get to the lunch via alot of extra London).

Great to meet you all, and I promise to bring down Charlie next time so you can add my scalp to your trophies (most humours and easy pass perhaps :lol:)

Also remind me to sleep sometime in the week before a party too, that way I might not start falling half asleep during the night. Nothing to do with too much beer, not at all, honest.

And thanks again Cafewanda for the sleeping room place :D

EDIT: Thanks Lins too for checking I was ok, just tired and drunk honest :P
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    ITB, you still my no 1 you drunken sosser :D

Lins we'll swop bank details as agreed ok? :wink:

Hisoka - no probs.

To those I didn't speak to. Next time.

Moonio, there was a rather lovely picture with....... but he begged for it to be deleted, didn't you :twisted:
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    That was a lovely day. Good to see so many people there. Like others have said the time seemed to whizz by and I didn't get to speak with as many as I would have liked.

Liv, thanks again for getting this sorted. I echo Mr 66's sentiments.

ITB, how did you get so damaged? That was the gentlest crash ever!

CJ, sorry. Didn't mean to scare you about the marmotte. It'll be fine, a walk in the park for a man of your calibre.

Merry xmas all :)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides