Christmas drinks'n'curry - 18th Dec - CURRY LIST CLOSED

lost_in_thought
lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
Right...

We had 30 'yes' responses to the poll and the curry list is slightly shorter than that.

I'm putting it on now, and if your name is still on the curry list on the 11th, you will owe me a tenner whether you show up and have curry or not. Also, entries post the 11th will not get curry.

The drinks/curry are in the private room at the Morpeth Arms on Millbank in London, all are welcome!

Here is the current curry list...

CURRY LIST:

1. DonDaddyD
2. LiT
3. itboffin
4. MonkeyMonster
5. CJ
6. Linsen
7. Hisoka
8. JG
9. TommyEss
10. ____Brun_____
11. Attica
12. IP
13. biondino
14. BJUK
15. Greg66
16. CP
17. LondonLivvy
18. Coriander
19. Rich158
20. Porgy
21. Gert_Lush
22. Cafewanda
23. Lamb shoulder
24. Sewinman
25. Christophe3967
26. Aidy
27. Greg T
28. Fireblade96

Comments

• Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Can you add me please.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    You need some cash up front, Livs?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    The Passion Pictures Xmas party is on the 17th :?

Friday lunchtime is recovery pie and pint(s).

Friday evening curry and more pints.

At least if I survive that indulgent 24 hours I've got two whole weeks off work.
  • JonGinge wrote:

Nah, it's ok, if everyone can bring it on the night that would be great. Thanks though!
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    JonGinge wrote:

Nah, it's ok, if everyone can bring it on the night that would be great. Thanks though!

Will do. Cheers for organising, LiT. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Thanks Miss LIT you're a star 8)
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    To repeat a word I used earlier "YAY".

Great work there LIT:)
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • Curry, curry, curry, curry, curry, curry, curry, curry, lovely curry, lurvely curry!

Cheers LiT!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Mmmm, curry!

I'd come, but it's my office "team building" day and Xmas party on that date (and I'm 240 miles away).
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Bombadier and Tribute!

Thanks LiT

I have a large number of X-mas events at the moment and at least one overlap, I hope to come, if I don't I'll certainly give you the money LiTs.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • I'll be enjoying my self driving back along the M4 so no show for I!

sound fun get drunk eat food etc.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Thanks LiT. I'm still in :)
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    The way that my work for (hopefully) the next three weeks is going, I should still be doing that and not my regular duty- hence OK for the 18th (fingers crossed). A question: What strength of curry is it likely to be? If it's mild, I might chip in (and I'd hate all you inebriates to miss out on yet another bottle of wine), but if it's a bit hot for my taste I'd be ending up with rather a lot of naan bread & salad etc...I've checked out the menu, plenty of rather nice sounding alternatives. Venison and red wine casserole.....mmmm :)
    DDD, you know if you duck out you're only delaying the inevitable discovery that you are not the slowest carbon bike owner round here? ;)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Thought I'd added myself to this already but could you put me down for curry please? If its too late I'll just sit in the corner and dribble.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    edited December 2009
    Thought I'd added myself to this already but could you put me down for curry please? If its too late I'll just sit in the corner and dribble.

no change there then ;)

LITs you are a star, again!

PS. I have a +1 on the night
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    itboffin wrote:

You bringing the ladyfriend who visits you often, the PF?

Was considering it myself but the 18th is already booked by the works informal pi$$-up, 19th is night out in Brizzle with friends and this year I've got the cash for a hotel room rather then platform one of Paddington.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    redvee wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

You bringing the ladyfriend who visits you often, the PF?

Who says the PF is a lady? - remember that the Morpeth is only across the river from the Royal Vauxhall Tavern :P
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Thought I'd added myself to this already but could you put me down for curry please? If its too late I'll just sit in the corner and dribble.

You can join me. It's my office party in the afternoon so it promises to get messy :shock: I'll be well pissed just riding up to the Morpeth, never mind getting home. Can someone chain me and my bike to one of the benches outside when you all leave please:wink:

Thanks for organising things LiT :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    I can't make it but can we have lots of pictures please, especially DRUNK pictures :)
  • itboffin wrote:

no change there then ;)

Does the +1 want curry?
  • StuAff wrote:
    The way that my work for (hopefully) the next three weeks is going, I should still be doing that and not my regular duty- hence OK for the 18th (fingers crossed). A question: What strength of curry is it likely to be? If it's mild, I might chip in (and I'd hate all you inebriates to miss out on yet another bottle of wine), but if it's a bit hot for my taste I'd be ending up with rather a lot of naan bread & salad etc...I've checked out the menu, plenty of rather nice sounding alternatives. Venison and red wine casserole.....mmmm :)
    DDD, you know if you duck out you're only delaying the inevitable discovery that you are not the slowest carbon bike owner round here? ;)

It's one milder and one hotter with naan and rice, no salad. However, everyone's assessment of 'hot' and 'mild' is different...
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    itboffin wrote:
    no change there then ;)

Does the +1 want curry?
    I thought ITB's '+1' was his second stomach.
  • _Brun_ wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    no change there then ;)

Does the +1 want curry?

I reckon it's a certain fairy.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Count me in, too :)
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    _Brun_ wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    no change there then ;)

Does the +1 want curry?

OK own up, who's got the Tutu and wand :wink: and if we're talking second stomach's, you aint seen nothing yet :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Everything is happening on the 18th.

My works do and now I find I have to complete on the House Sale on that day :cry:

God, organising a house move and then going out for a beer and curry night in Nottingham on the day I move.

Wish me luck!
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Rich158 wrote:
    OK own up, who's got the Tutu and wand :wink:

The weekend is still a long way off!
  • YAY! it's all getting so close now.....
    Just commenting on here so I can be notified of any updates on this thread :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Rich158 wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    no change there then ;)

Does the +1 want curry?

OK own up, who's got the Tutu and wand :wink: and if we're talking second stomach's, you aint seen nothing yet :lol:

I reckon that sounds like MonkeyMonster
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    It's one milder and one hotter with naan and rice, no salad. However, everyone's assessment of 'hot' and 'mild' is different...

Thanks LiT, I'll think about it....
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011