• Yep, very welcome, as is anyone else!

EDIT:

Pub location:

Map

Morpeth Arms
    58 Millbank
    London, SW1P 4RW

We'll be upstairs in the 'spying room'.

• We'll be upstairs in the 'spying room'.

Cunningly named as it offers a great vantage point over some prime SCR action :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Hrm, what time are people starting (and what's the latest we can be there by)?
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I'll be there by 6pm. ITB and MM will be firmly entrenched by then though.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • I've had a slight change of work locale which means I'll now be leaving work earlier (circa 5pm) but traveling in from Euston Station instead of near St James choob.

Reckon I'll be there around 17:20, but still trying to decide on the most fun route down :twisted:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    A few early type will be there around 5 I'd wager, it depends if JG travels back in time on the embankment
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    I'll be riding the Pearson so the leg blur may rip a hole in the fabric of the space-time wotsit*.

* mmm cheese.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • We've got the room from 6pm, and curry is planned for about 8:30pm...
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Delighted to report that though I'm going to be back on my normal hours next week, my manager's OK about me doing a day shift Friday. So I'm in! Raaay!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • if this stays the same, we could have trouble getting to the morpeth or away from it again :D

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7da ... pcode=sw1p
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • if this stays the same, we could have trouble getting to the morpeth or away from it again :D

Well, trouble getting away perhaps.... just get there early :)

I blame global warming

Well, trouble getting away perhaps.... just get there early :)

I blame global warming

Wowsers... 275mph? That'll make my groundspeed -255mph... I may cycle back to essex... shouldn't take long at 295mph...
  • Actually it's gusting 330mph in the afternoon... I may go to canary wharf and wait...

4177857656_e2816c7fe1_o.jpg
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    I think on that day even I might feel a tailwind, the mythical thing that never occurs.

Then again feeling a tailwind as I fly into the air and brisky towards France (without any way to land safely or not in a smear of my former self) might not be the most happy experience I could imagine.

But what a rush!
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • Wind appears to have calmed down somewhat now...

In other news, CURRY LIST OFFICIALLY CLOSED! If your name is on the list you will owe me £10, please bring a tenner on the night.
  • Aidy
    Wind appears to have calmed down somewhat now...

In other news, CURRY LIST OFFICIALLY CLOSED! If your name is on the list you will owe me £10, please bring a tenner on the night.

Quite looking forward to it. :)

It shall be my first visit to the Morpeth.
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    Aidy wrote:
    Wind appears to have calmed down somewhat now...

Quite looking forward to it. :)

It shall be my first visit to the Morpeth.

Me too, it is ever so slightly out of my normal riding area really.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • Not sure where any out-of-towners are coming into London or when they are arriving but I thought I'd make the offer just in case:

I'll be working at Euston station on Friday so if anyone is coming into there I'll happily be a guide down to the Morpeth :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    Not sure where any out-of-towners are coming into London or when they are arriving but I thought I'd make the offer just in case:

I'll be working at Euston station on Friday so if anyone is coming into there I'll happily be a guide down to the Morpeth :-)

I *am* an out-of-towner, but I may have to lower myself to arriving by the Tube :-( Anyway, Euston's a bit out of the way for me! Thanks for the offer though :-)

(is there a must-bring-bicycle clause in the many pages of preamble I haven't read ?)
    Misguided Idealist
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Are the other 'Carbon Superpowers' bring there carbon steeds?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Are the other 'Carbon Superpowers' bring there carbon steeds?

I'd hope so! It should be a bike-pr0n-fest outside the Morpeth on Friday.
    Although looking at the weather on the beeb we might want to head inside ASAP....
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Looking at the weather forecast, I'll be on my mountain bike all week, possibly with studded snow tryes by Friday!
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Bringing the Pearson. It'll have a carbon-railed saddle if that helps...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    No carbon.

Looks like snow on Wednesday. Could be fun...
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Aidy
    No carbon here.

But the titanium bike is staying at home, too. It doesn't get locked outside, see...
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    I *am* an out-of-towner, but I may have to lower myself to arriving by the Tube :-( Anyway, Euston's a bit out of the way for me! Thanks for the offer though :-)

(is there a must-bring-bicycle clause in the many pages of preamble I haven't read ?)

I'm heading in from Reading too - I've only cycled to The Morpeth, but I'm going to be sans velo on Friday due to the intoxication issue.

Happy to meet you at the station and head-on in... PM me for mobile number etc - I think you've been on a clubrun with us before anyway...?!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    TommyEss wrote:

I'm heading in from Reading too - I've only cycled to The Morpeth, but I'm going to be sans velo on Friday due to the intoxication issue.

Happy to meet you at the station and head-on in... PM me for mobile number etc - I think you've been on a clubrun with us before anyway...?!

Cheers Tommy; I'll PM you shortly. I agree that due to likely beer consumption I'm better not trying to find my way round London on the bike :lol:
    Misguided Idealist
  • Think I might be on the black tube.

Shedload & riding a bike - tried it once, no need to do it again.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Agreed - last time I tried that, I remember a blurry Houses of Parliament, and not much else... :shock:

Did find half a sprite from Burger King in my bottle cage when I woke up the next day though...! :?
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...