Christmas drinks'n'curry - 18th Dec - CURRY LIST CLOSED

Comments

• hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    Right, I have now found the place (bleeding heart) and just checking was it about 12 turning up in general or am I getting my times wrapped around my head?
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    @lit :lol:

you said what now!?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Does the pub do any food, that I could eat at the same time? I'll be hungry by then :D not too mention drinking on empty isn't a good idea!

The snow is falling thick and fast here, it would be a real shame if the tube was out of action in the am :wink: Lets hope we all we all make it tomorrow, another disater which I can think of is being snowed in at a pub :lol:
  • itboffin
    Any of my fellow Morpetheers care to join in a organised scalp feast?

I was thinking those that can't make the lunch time piss up, could perhaps meet somewhere along Embankment for the final blast along the strip, think Champs-Élysées sprint finish meets cycle proficiency test.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Does the pub do any food, that I could eat at the same time? I'll be hungry by then :D not too mention drinking on empty isn't a good idea!

Yep, they do, you'll have to order it from downstairs though.
  • itboffin wrote:

I was thinking those that can't make the lunch time wee-wee up, could perhaps meet somewhere along Embankment for the final blast along the strip, think Champs-Élysées sprint finish meets cycle proficiency test.

Maybe, assuming the Embankment hasn't turned into something resembling an ice-rink!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin wrote:

I was thinking those that can't make the lunch time wee-wee up, could perhaps meet somewhere along Embankment for the final blast along the strip, think Champs-Élysées sprint finish meets cycle proficiency test.

Maybe, assuming the Embankment hasn't turned into something resembling an ice-rink!

In that case score cards are gonna be needed, casue its gonna freeze over or just a camera :D I'm going to sleep I expect however folk get into work tomorrow its gonna go wrong!
  • what time are the early doors peps arriving? Just wanted to check as I arrived at the office much earlier then planned today so I'm thinking of leaving at 16:30 to head down to the 'peth. I envisage I'll arrive around 16:50 but if no one's going to be there I'll loaf around on tinternets for another 30 minutes and leave @ 17:00 as originally planned :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • I suspect the lunchers will be nestled inside by then BJ.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I've overindulged already :oops:

Big pie and two pint lunch. Felt obliged to have the second beer after finding out our glorious employer was picking up the tab. I'm going to repay their generosity by snoozing away the afternoon in front of the internet.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Looks like I should be able to swing by for a quick couple of pints at least. What time is it all kicking off? Who should I look out for - just a mass of lycra at the bar?!
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Normally yes, but I think tonight's bash is in an upstairs room - the stairs are towards the back of the pub.

There will probably be a healthy gathering by 6, even 5.30.
  • itboffin
    On my way now ;)
  • itboffin wrote:
    On my way now ;)

Hopefully not cycling all the way this time ;-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin
    Coriander wrote:
    Normally yes, but I think tonight's bash is in an upstairs room - the stairs are towards the back of the pub.

There will probably be a healthy gathering by 6, even 5.30.

you have much too learn :)
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Can anyone lock my bike up tonight please.

Should be there about 7pm

Thanks in advance
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I'm 50-50.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Have a good time tonight you lot, have a drink for me :)
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Have a good night, on one myself, work's do, so will have to behave.
    All the best for Xmas too!!

Wall
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Attica wrote:
    Can anyone lock my bike up tonight please.

Should be there about 7pm

Thanks in advance

I was planning on taking mine upstairs, like last year?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm 50-50.

lawrence thats weak, you can't put yourself at no 1 and not show up.

The word homo has been mentioned around the well lube table

You're at risk of having Karen melted to make sweet wraps
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    cjcp wrote:

Oooh, is that an option?
    Beats leaving it outside any day (a lot of the reason I've not made an appearance at the Morpeth before is that I can't be bothered with the hassle of carrying locks around!).
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    itboffin wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm 50-50.

lawrence thats weak, you can't put yourself at no 1 and not show up.

The word homo has been mentioned around the well lube table

You're at risk of having Karen melted to make sweet wraps

My real name... :shock: Not spelt with a 'u' but still...

OK, I'm going to be late.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • I can't make it. Sorry.

Someone feel free to take my place on the curry list.

If not I owes LIT a tenner.

cheerio...
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    cjcp wrote:

The stairs were fun sober in SPD shoes, can't imagine what they'll be like unsober in roadie shoes with exposed cleats.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Suppppppose it's time for me to head on over.

See you in a bit :)
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Have a good time guys, wish I could make it as I love a beer or two and a curry!

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • A good night was had by all... I think! Well, I certainly enjoyed myself...

If anyone forgot to give me a tenner, or didn't show up and owes me a tenner, please drop me a PM and I will respond with bank details.

Nighty night all!
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Good night that, although the ride home full of curry and beer was less than fun. Never had a run of green lights up Tottenham Ct Rd before, and in the circumstances it caused me a massive and most unwelcome stitch.

Congratulations to CJ on receiving the much coveted SCR trophy, and to me for the even more coveted beard. Many thanks for appreciation of the ironic tinsel, it warms my heart that I can spread seasonal cheer in a sarcastic manner.

Good to see plenty of new faces, especially those that made the effort to attend from far flung places. No doubt you went away happy knowing you can easily avoid running into the rest of us again for another twelve months. Hope everyone made/makes it home ok.

Many, many thanks of course to the L, I and T for organising this years thing(s) all by themselves. Despite the lack of tweed, they've all been rather awesome.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Congratulations to CJ on receiving the much coveted SCR trophy,

:D
    and to me for the even more coveted beard.

That's a seriously good beard. It would take me months to grow something that cultured.
    Good to see plenty of new faces, especially those that made the effort to attend from far flung places.

+1.Chapeau to the likes of Gert Lush and Attica (where was Redvee?), StuAff and Linsen for making up to The Big Smoke. 8) Good to meet GL for the first time.

Many, many thanks of course to the L, I and T for organising this years thing(s) all by themselves.

+1. LiT - 8)

P.S. A rather amusing ride home...

[/quote]
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."